What would you like to see in "Natural Selection 3"

Comments

• BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    AurOn2 wrote: »

Maybe something similar, or in the same universe, though. I wouldn't mind a Squad oriented game (like seriously squad oriented) Co-op game where You go around exterminating khaara hives, or something.

XCOM: Natuaral Selection.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2014
    sebb wrote: »
    proper matchmaking

Do want

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I want it to be revealed that Gordon Freeman has joined the TSF. Half-life 3 was never to exist because it was Natural Selection 3.
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This game needs evolving weapons. As it notices your accuracy go up or down, the weapon adjusts to the spread. High accuracy turns into a sniper rifle. Low accuracy turns into a shotgun. Super low accuracy turns into a grenade launcher. Not getting any kills turns into a flamethrower. This would help the game a fair deal.
  • ArthurDentArthurDent Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188904Members
    The game actually perform well.
  • ZeroEarThZeroEarTh Singapore Join Date: 2014-07-01 Member: 197126Members
    More Offical UWE server in ASEAN asia , like Thailand , HongKong , Taiwan

Match making ofcourse ^
  • ArmymongerArmymonger The spacebearing Country of America Join Date: 2014-04-04 Member: 195135Members
    Xarius wrote: »
    Slower gameplay, bigger maps, creepier atmosphere and more commander RTS perspective depth.
    (More build paths, techs, buildings, etc...)

That feels like the faded mod.
    No commanding yes...but communicating for survival rather than winning has a better "feel" of command in a way.

I want Ns3 to have spider tanks and drone companions for marines.

• killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Personally I'd love a potential NS3 to be a super immersive high detail NS2 with the best elements of NS1. Also I personally think the extreme focus on competitive game play killed a bunch of fun stuff in NS2 and would also ruin any potential NS3
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Armymonger wrote: »
    Slower gameplay, bigger maps, creepier atmosphere and more commander RTS perspective depth.

No commanding yes...but communicating for survival rather than winning has a better "feel" of command in a way.

Do you mean we can purchase our own personal MAC from the armory??
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    This thread is dumb.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    RapGod wrote: »
    This thread is dumb.

I know right! You need to stop posting.

Wouldn't mind seeing alittle more vertical maps, onoses would need to learn how to climb ladders and lerklift would need to come back too!

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    RapGod wrote: »
    This thread is dumb.

I know right! You need to stop posting.

Wouldn't mind seeing alittle more vertical maps, onoses would need to learn how to climb ladders and lerklift would need to come back too!

Lerk lift is already a mod.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    edited November 2014
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Basically "Last Stand" mod but with marines pushing on Aliens.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited November 2014
    bunnyhopping, marine double jump, bring back gorge control. Actually just a total conversion mod from NS1 with some elements from NS2.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    An editor that is at least half as good as hammer.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited November 2014

Can i Give you a cookie?!

ANYWAY, since the NS3 theory has been temporarily debunked, we can move on now.
    The premise of NS3 is Gordon Freeman joining the TSF.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    AurOn2 wrote: »

Can i Give you a cookie?!

ANYWAY, since the NS3 theory has been temporarily debunked, we can move on now.

Has it been debunked!?!?!? Future Perfect is a game about making games on the game engine that made ns2.

NS3 MADE IN FUTURE PERFECT CONFIRMED.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    I HAVE BEEN DEFEATED.
  • GlassesGlasses Join Date: 2010-01-11 Member: 70056Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited December 2014
    Anyway UWE wants it to be, but if there was something I really wanted to see NS3? It would be the sounds similar from NS1. Remember when 10 marines firing at the same time in NS1? It was loud! and sexy at the same time.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    idk If I posted in this thread but

framerate performance
    input performance
    matchmaking ALONG with server browser for unranked games/modded games/scrims etc
    lots of the awesome options we have now, sort of like ns2+ offers

I don't really have the entire concept of what making a game is about, I'd assume it's stressful as hell and limited by money in a lot of areas - but that's pretty much what I'd make sure a game had before I launched/released it in this current demographic/market (if possible)
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members

You lost me at slower gameplay.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    CyberKun wrote: »
    They need to add the canon third race.

Protoss.

That's actually a VERY interesting idea. That would be enough of a change to actually make the game feel like NS3 and not just NS2 again. You could have multiple different matchups of each race against each other race without having to worry about how aliens vs aliens would work. Plus it opens up the game for a 3way mode which would be something almost completely unique.

All the other suggestions are NS2 but with matchmakeing, NS2 but slower, NS2 but with better performance. This one would be enough to make a completely new game as an evolution of NS2 rather than an iteration of it.

Of course, balance will be HELL, plus how do you even decide which 2 factions get to play in a given game? I think it's something worth pursuing.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    the idea of a 18 man server being 6v6v6 does sound pretty cool. what would the third race even be? already have humans and aliens. bee hive?
    the idea of a 18 man server being 6v6v6 does sound pretty cool. what would the third race even be? already have humans and aliens. bee hive?
    When you said 18 man server, it made me think of 14v14v14 for a total of 42p servers.

You could have plants? Remember the lemon tree balance. Bees would apply here too.
    Robots would work too I guess.

I don't see it as aliens. I see it as humans vs kharra. There could very well be other aliens too, since really humans are aliens to the kharra.
  • bizbiz Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167386Members

protoss
    obviously
  • bERt0rbERt0r Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46181Members
    what would the third race even be?

Pirates! Serioiusly, this idea is neither unique nor is it reasonable. It would mean a ton of additionaly work and money needed for creating the models and the techtree this race needs. It would exponentiate the effort needed to balance the races. It would be another incentive for noobs to say UWE copied Starcraft.

If you want to play 6v6v6, play Pirates, Vikings and Knights.