Future of the Reinforcement Program - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    No I am not trying to start hype, just answer a question in a realistic way.

If it was hype there would be PICTURES LOTS OF PICTURES, but as stuff like this is a massive undertaking as ive said in previous posts. Nothing will be confirmed until we know it can meet set standards deadlines / goals . Once we know this and wish to start hype we will start posting details about "stuff" but until then nothing will be mentioned or "hyped" as to avoid disapointment.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Loki wrote: »
    No I am not trying to start hype, just answer a question in a realistic way.

If it was hype there would be PICTURES LOTS OF PICTURES, but as stuff like this is a massive undertaking as ive said in previous posts. Nothing will be confirmed until we know it can meet set standards deadlines / goals . Once we know this and wish to start hype we will start posting details about "stuff" but until then nothing will be mentioned or "hyped" as to avoid disapointment.

UNTRUE
    THERE HAS BEEN HYPE BEFORE WITHOUT THE USE OF PICTURES
    LIKE THEY NEVER TOLD US NS3 WAS BEING DEVELOPED, BUT WE FOUND OUT ANYWAY!
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    A little birdie is telling me that half-life 3 will never exist, because in ns3 Gordon Freeman joins the TSF.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Well some HYPE... if you look at our trello board you can see that the CDT is redoing the MAIN MENU, as part of this new framework we are hoping to integrate the steamworks api and steam economy. What does this mean, well a lot and we will go into more detail later but for now lets just say customization is going to hopefully go a lot further soon...
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    WasabiOne wrote: »
    Well some HYPE... if you look at our trello board you can see that the CDT is redoing the MAIN MENU, as part of this new framework we are hoping to integrate the steamworks api and steam economy. What does this mean, well a lot and we will go into more detail later but for now lets just say customization is going to hopefully go a lot further soon...

@WasabiOne‌, I can't believe I am the first to Awesome your post :-) Can't wait. I haven't been on the forum or game of late (other commitments), but can't wait to see what you guys have planned.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    And so it begins...
  • AussieKidAussieKid Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154896Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    insider tip: start buying NS2 trading cards
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nordic wrote: »
    A little birdie is telling me that half-life 3 will never exist, because in ns3 Gordon Freeman joins the TSF.

That would be reaaaaally unbalanced

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Blrg wrote: »

Mmm IDK, using a gravity gun on a onos sounds awlful fun! Fling him off into the distance on Summit
    :))
  • TiT40TiT40 france Join Date: 2014-11-20 Member: 199742Members
    edited November 2014
    For me to increase players and interest for this game could to do like Starcraft 2.
    I mean create the possibility to watch all competitive game by yourself, be able to see everything in real time, not a video with casters on internet, just like starcraft 2, i don't know if you get it but it's hard to explain i'm not english.
    It could let you the possibility to watch every matchs from every divisions any time. As a result new players could watch all competitive teams really play and maybe give them more interests for that game, they could see that huge potential of this game and could really see what represent this game, and later maybe they will join a competitive team, improve their skill and maybe give us more good division 1 teams.
    Because when rookies come in NS2, some of them don't see it and are just frustrated to be killed any time by good players. If they can see that game is really hard and with so much possibilities they will stay and just learn to play.
    For exemple give them possibility to watch, analyse with the tools i told you before the match between Snails and Titus in 2014 for the big competition and they will really like it for sure.

So for me it's one of the thing who could really do NS2 a biger game, focus on competitive and make new players easier to see that part of NS2 because it's really here NS2 is the most enjoyable.

Cheers
  • LuchsLuchs Switzerland Join Date: 2014-07-23 Member: 197569Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yojimbo wrote: »

Mmm IDK, using a gravity gun on a onos sounds awlful fun! Fling him off into the distance on Summit

If that happens, I'd please like Gorges to no longer drop tunnels, but blue/orange portal endpoints, and be able to chose whether their bile bomb leaves repulsive or accelerating gel on the floor. :)
  • bERt0rbERt0r Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46181Members
    So soon you can buy cosmetic weapons and armor like in CS:GO? I like that, you should have done that earlier when more people were active. The appeal of pimping your avatar increases with the amount of people you can show it off to.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    TiT40 wrote: »
    For me to increase players and interest for this game could to do like Starcraft 2.
    I mean create the possibility to watch all competitive game by yourself, be able to see everything in real time, not a video with casters on internet, just like starcraft 2, i don't know if you get it but it's hard to explain i'm not english.
    It could let you the possibility to watch every matchs from every divisions any time. As a result new players could watch all competitive teams really play and maybe give them more interests for that game, they could see that huge potential of this game and could really see what represent this game, and later maybe they will join a competitive team, improve their skill and maybe give us more good division 1 teams.
    Because when rookies come in NS2, some of them don't see it and are just frustrated to be killed any time by good players. If they can see that game is really hard and with so much possibilities they will stay and just learn to play.
    For exemple give them possibility to watch, analyse with the tools i told you before the match between Snails and Titus in 2014 for the big competition and they will really like it for sure.

So for me it's one of the thing who could really do NS2 a biger game, focus on competitive and make new players easier to see that part of NS2 because it's really here NS2 is the most enjoyable.

Cheers

Sounds like you want demo recording, which is something we all would have liked for a long time.
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2014
    so you can get a SHADOW Skulk for 6 Bucks now... *Bleep* this!
  • TiT40TiT40 france Join Date: 2014-11-20 Member: 199742Members
    Yeah you got it ! That's what i was talking about. It could be so easier for casters too ... In short i think we have to focus on how to show potential of NS2 to everyone and particulary to new players when they start the game, it has to be integrate in the game. Because more players we have more the game will be helped by the community of players.
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2014
    (Un)fortunately the following is very much true:
    If it's not on Steam, it doesn't exist.

It only makes sense to put all RP stuff on Steam. If I was an undecided newcomer though, who judges $6 DLCs by straight Skins/Buck value, the proposed single skin RP dlc kinda sucks compared to the plethora of stuff that comes with Kodiak dlc.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow

Not to be pedantic, the grav gun is designed to work only on non-organic objects. Considering the breadth and scope of our mechanical equipment, it would be a very dark day if the Kharra gets their claws on that device.

If the grav gun DID work on organic material, that means the device has been glitched and may become too unstable to operate safely under OSHA regulations.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

Not to be pedantic, the grav gun is designed to work only on non-organic objects. Considering the breadth and scope of our mechanical equipment, it would be a very dark day if the Kharra gets their claws on that device.

If the grav gun DID work on organic material, that means the device has been glitched and may become too unstable to operate safely under OSHA regulations.

Crazy that OSHA still exists even in the half-life natural selected future.
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    edited November 2014
    Can we have that main menu matchmaking interactive lobby while you're at it? I heard Wooza offered to host the server for that :P
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

I thought the alens were nanite-reinforced bacteria (i mean...what else really comes out of those resource points?)

Maybe it just rips the nanites out! adds res to marines, removes bones from aliens. fair and balanced.
    Benson wrote: »

I thought the alens were nanite-reinforced bacteria (i mean...what else really comes out of those resource points?)

Maybe it just rips the nanites out! adds res to marines, removes bones from aliens. fair and balanced.

Need a gun that spews nanites. Idk what it'll do, but it'll do something.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    @RapGod‌

Brings a whole new meaning to a "build gun".
  • bERt0rbERt0r Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46181Members
    RapGod wrote: »

Erm, a welder?
    bERt0r wrote: »

Erm, a welder?

More like a gun that turns marines into transformers.

Erm, a welder?

So a prototype lab? It has a built in gun that shoots you till your legs fit inside the exo, making you an exo.

Erm, a welder?

So a prototype lab? It has a built in gun that shoots you till your legs fit inside the exo, making you an exo.

Being a Mac w. A built-in Arc and transforming into an op exo
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited November 2014
    Might make it easier for the public at large to support NS2's future development, so I don't see why not.
    Should keep open a donation channel on the website for people to contribute more if they feel like it though.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    AussieKid wrote: »
    insider tip: start buying NS2 trading cards

lolz, I brought 2 sets to upgrade my Steam title.
    So, how is this going?