What would you do if you made the "Game Director" donation?

YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,248 Advanced user
On fire with the threads lately, this one has always played on my mind lol!

I think I would get UWE started on NS3 immediately and get them to enlist CDT to give it a boost start!

Or get them to create a fully fledged Gorge Slide DLC :)) :))
Today's rookies are tomorrow's vets.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

George Carlin.

Comments

• CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester Posts: 586 Advanced user
    edited November 2014
    -Greanades more visible

I would ask them to make grenade launcher smoke trail or at least pre shoot sound like with railgun charging.

-Carebear gorges.

I would make a carebear out of a gorge. I hate gorges i would make them like in ns1. No more battle gorges, no more running around biling shit. Players would have to acually take care of gorges not to be killed, in ns1 losing gorge was a big blow for the team right now "eh. gorge killed move on". In addition lerk lift to save gorges.

-HMG with new model.

-Catpacks for ARCs.

-MEDPACK! more visible.

I can never see medpacks droped. "skulk: OMG 7 bites no kill, marine: i got a medpack ;p". If i see medpacks on floor i trying to lure out a marine out of medpacks range. I would make UWE do medpacks more visible with a light rails from sky, and marine glowing red like with nanoshield. That would be obvious for me that this marine was saved by comm, and it wasn't netcode reghit problem.

-Tunnels more visible.
    Now when hive is shaded its hard to see tunnels. I would make a big freaking arrow pointing down to a tunnel. And make tunnels not shaded for aliens only. (Maybe @Mendasp could do such an option in ns2+)

-Loading screens not with nice map backgrounds but with game tips in a graphical way. Showing for example how parasite works etc.

That is what i would change...
    imageimage image
    Main Editor of www.naturalselection2.pl
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,248 Advanced user
    To be fair I reckon CDT could probably do all this within a year as it is, providing they stopped bug fixing all together lol, you could probably think of a better use for $75,000 bro

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

George Carlin.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members Posts: 587 Advanced user
    onos wall climb ability on 3 hive (just like skulks)
    meatmachine
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff Posts: 2,130 mod
    Send me a private message if you need me to kill someone "help" with anything.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” - George Carlin.

Youtube Channel for Sydney Music
    twiliteblue
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 1,384 Advanced user
    edited November 2014
    I'd have a lot of them work on a small project like a mobile game or app that would be useful, and make it so I had 100% ownership of the app for full profits

I'd also take aside some of their best devs and have them teach me as much code as they possibly could within the few days

Then I'd continue to support the app and hopefully make back my investment +profit
    YojimboAurOn2
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members Posts: 518 Fully active user
    Alien Vision for marines. A Visor or Goggles upgrade that highlighted Aliens or alien movement, kind of like Dystopia's Sound Wave Triangulation or Thermal vision. Maybe when you turned on thermals it makes you deaf to other sounds and when you turn on SWT it reduces vision

@1:00
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nygnkEqQaxM&t=59
  • METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter Posts: 296 Advanced user
  • radionautradionaut california Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181192Members, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Gold Posts: 114 Advanced user
    i would direct them to make a hybrid MMO/RPG/FPS/RTS/STG game where you GORGE PLUSHIES
    HPAQ6it.png
    tummy_yummyAurOn2
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members Posts: 1,684 Advanced user
    edited November 2014
    Metroid prime on pc.
    my_body_is_ready.png
    When life gives you lemons, throw it back and demand chocolate.

• BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members Posts: 397
    NS2:Source
    a.k.a. Roland tHTG
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,656 Advanced user
    Need for Speed: Cold Pursuit.

Basically, a simulation of Alaskan winter driving after robbing a liquor store.
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Natural Selection 2. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of military strategy and advanced mathematics you won't even win a single game. Theres also the game's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the game. The maps and artwork draw heavily from Riddley Scott's Alien franchise, for instance. The players understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the game, to realise that it's not just great, that it also says something about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Natural Selection 2 truly ARE idiots. of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Marines' existential catchphrase "how do I get to be so good", which itself is a cryptic reference to the high degree of intelligence required to play the game as intended. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion when spectating a game. What fools... how I pity them. And, yes, by the way, i DO have a Fade tatoo. And no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they are within 50 hive skill points of my own (preferable lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
    BeigeAlertAurOn2
  • METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter Posts: 296 Advanced user
    coolitic wrote: »
    Metroid prime on pc.
    my_body_is_ready.png
    C'mon, use emulator .D
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members Posts: 799 Fully active user
    Babbler battles
    Don't ever ''get ban''.

Respect - Justice

If my posts don't make sense, blame it on my bipolar and carry on. It happens.
    Nordic
  • rmbrown09rmbrown09 Join Date: 2012-10-17 Member: 162592Members Posts: 169
    Start ns3 for sure. Ns2 is a dead game and the numbers show it. No amount of fixing or patching will get the player base back to what it was the first few months, aside from full on F2P.

Ns3 with very careful direction would be my vote.
    Specs --
    i7 4770k CPU
    H100 Liquid Cooling
    GTX 690 Overclocked
    16GB DDR3 2400MHz Ram
    256GB SSD Crucial M4
    27" 2560x1440 Catleap
    Razer BlackWidow Keyboard
    Logitech G9X Mouse
    900D Super Tower
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter Posts: 124 Fully active user
    I would have the development team integrate my list of egg-related improvements in full
    Nordicmeatmachine
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 336 Fully active user
    Make the map editor into Hammer so I will map for this game.
    Cyber_kun: Not going to invade again
    Cyber_kun: Well, least not in the area that requires you to run forever
    Lolgorgeous: np i appreciate you wasting 30 minutes of my time anyway

~~Dark Souls~~
    CarNagE1meatmachine
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,248 Advanced user
    Lol some of these answers seem abit under budget for $75,000, be abit more experimental guys, I don't think the donation includes their wages! :)) :))

George Carlin.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members Posts: 1,684 Advanced user
    edited November 2014
    METROID wrote: »
    coolitic wrote: »
    Metroid prime on pc.
    my_body_is_ready.png
    C'mon, use emulator .D

My 2630qm doesnt like dolphin #50-70 fps (and my chipset doesnt allow upgrade, unlike my new 765m). Maybe if they added virtual cores then I could use all 8 of my cores for those 2 threads.

Anyways, on pc would mean modding and such.
    When life gives you lemons, throw it back and demand chocolate.

• meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter Posts: 1,551 Advanced user
    edited November 2014
    Retrospectively?

Combat, seige and SWS official game modes.

Alien anuses.

Non-restrospectively?

Wages for CDT
    Post edited by meatmachine on
    Too weird to live, yet too rare to die