What would you do if you made the "Game Director" donation?

YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
On fire with the threads lately, this one has always played on my mind lol!

I think I would get UWE started on NS3 immediately and get them to enlist CDT to give it a boost start!

Or get them to create a fully fledged Gorge Slide DLC :)) :))

Comments

• CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    edited November 2014
    -Greanades more visible

I would ask them to make grenade launcher smoke trail or at least pre shoot sound like with railgun charging.

-Carebear gorges.

I would make a carebear out of a gorge. I hate gorges i would make them like in ns1. No more battle gorges, no more running around biling shit. Players would have to acually take care of gorges not to be killed, in ns1 losing gorge was a big blow for the team right now "eh. gorge killed move on". In addition lerk lift to save gorges.

-HMG with new model.

-Catpacks for ARCs.

-MEDPACK! more visible.

I can never see medpacks droped. "skulk: OMG 7 bites no kill, marine: i got a medpack ;p". If i see medpacks on floor i trying to lure out a marine out of medpacks range. I would make UWE do medpacks more visible with a light rails from sky, and marine glowing red like with nanoshield. That would be obvious for me that this marine was saved by comm, and it wasn't netcode reghit problem.

-Tunnels more visible.
    Now when hive is shaded its hard to see tunnels. I would make a big freaking arrow pointing down to a tunnel. And make tunnels not shaded for aliens only. (Maybe @Mendasp could do such an option in ns2+)

-Loading screens not with nice map backgrounds but with game tips in a graphical way. Showing for example how parasite works etc.

That is what i would change...
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    To be fair I reckon CDT could probably do all this within a year as it is, providing they stopped bug fixing all together lol, you could probably think of a better use for $75,000 bro
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    onos wall climb ability on 3 hive (just like skulks)
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited November 2014
    I'd have a lot of them work on a small project like a mobile game or app that would be useful, and make it so I had 100% ownership of the app for full profits

I'd also take aside some of their best devs and have them teach me as much code as they possibly could within the few days

Then I'd continue to support the app and hopefully make back my investment +profit
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    Alien Vision for marines. A Visor or Goggles upgrade that highlighted Aliens or alien movement, kind of like Dystopia's Sound Wave Triangulation or Thermal vision. Maybe when you turned on thermals it makes you deaf to other sounds and when you turn on SWT it reduces vision

@1:00

• METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • radionautradionaut california Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181192Members, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Gold
    i would direct them to make a hybrid MMO/RPG/FPS/RTS/STG game where you GORGE PLUSHIES
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited November 2014
    Metroid prime on pc.
    my_body_is_ready.png
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Need for Speed: Cold Pursuit.

Basically, a simulation of Alaskan winter driving after robbing a liquor store.
  • METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    coolitic wrote: »
    Metroid prime on pc.
    my_body_is_ready.png
    C'mon, use emulator .D
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
  • rmbrown09rmbrown09 Join Date: 2012-10-17 Member: 162592Members
    Start ns3 for sure. Ns2 is a dead game and the numbers show it. No amount of fixing or patching will get the player base back to what it was the first few months, aside from full on F2P.

Ns3 with very careful direction would be my vote.
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I would have the development team integrate my list of egg-related improvements in full
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Make the map editor into Hammer so I will map for this game.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Lol some of these answers seem abit under budget for $75,000, be abit more experimental guys, I don't think the donation includes their wages! :)) :))
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited November 2014
    METROID wrote: »
    coolitic wrote: »
    Metroid prime on pc.
    my_body_is_ready.png
    C'mon, use emulator .D

My 2630qm doesnt like dolphin #50-70 fps (and my chipset doesnt allow upgrade, unlike my new 765m). Maybe if they added virtual cores then I could use all 8 of my cores for those 2 threads.

Anyways, on pc would mean modding and such.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited November 2014
    Retrospectively?

Combat, seige and SWS official game modes.

Alien anuses.

Non-restrospectively?

Wages for CDT