Eggs

tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
Here is a short list of perfectly reasonable egg related feature requests:
- Aliens able to gestate on walls, ceiling (in a cocoon-like fashion)
- Gorges able to build decoy eggs to draw fire (I do this with quite some success at the moment, only it doesn't work that great because I have to be in the egg and invariably die)
- Aliens able to voluntarily re-enter egg mode to regenerate health, but forced to be immobile for a certain amount of time
- A set of taunts unique to eggs (important)
- Egg saddle mode, so you can gestate on the back of an onos, with a babbler-like armour bonus to the onos
- Able to adjust upgrade being gestated mid-gestation, this would of course reset the egg timer
- First person mode for eggs (inexplicably missing from the current game)
- Max biomass = eggs that float
- Onos able to devour marines and excrete them as new eggs
- Gorges able to sit on eggs to speed gestation.
- Egg model big enough to contain the organism that is gestating within it (or egg model grows to the correct size before gestation is finished)
- A set of unique egg abilities, such as leaking fluids onto the ground (small gestation time penalty, makes floor sticky)
- Reinforced egg reward tier (around the $200 mark would be perfect). Grants contributors a unique egg skin to guarantee unwanted enemy fire.
- Ability to voluntarily explode egg to damage nearby bipeds (explosion strength proportional to egg size)
- If whole alien team is an egg at the same time, eggs clump together to form an egg fortress

Comments

• reeqlreeql Join Date: 2013-05-05 Member: 185125Members
    Yeah, the game should remember skulk default upgrades. Its annoying to upgrade after every death. It might br changed in any time so there is no problem of saving the settings after death.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    My favorites. We need those.
    Here is a short list of perfectly reasonable egg related feature requests:
    - Aliens able to gestate on walls, ceiling (in a cocoon-like fashion)
    - Gorges able to build decoy eggs to draw fire (I do this with quite some success at the moment, only it doesn't work that great because I have to be in the egg and invariably die)
    - A set of taunts unique to eggs (important)
    - Egg saddle mode, so you can gestate on the back of an onos, with a babbler-like armour bonus to the onos
    - Gorges able to sit on eggs to speed gestation.
    - Reinforced egg reward tier (around the $200 mark would be perfect). Grants contributors a unique egg skin to guarantee unwanted enemy fire.
    - If whole alien team is an egg at the same time, eggs clump together to form an egg fortress

• HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    reeql wrote: »
    Yeah, the game should remember skulk default upgrades. Its annoying to upgrade after every death. It might br changed in any time so there is no problem of saving the settings after death.

This would easily be the most useful feature implemented since the release of NS2.

Upgrades that you select for skulks are automatically remembered and evolved at every respawn (perhaps as a selectable check mark on the same screen as the map spawn selection)?
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    Eggs have different taunts already, so you can cross that one off the list.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Something something related to scrambled eggs.
    Ability to devour egg as marine so long as you cook it first (See welder/flame thrower for guidance)
    Eggs grow legs when you are spawned in them, so you can walk away slowly and taunt the marine who is chasing you at as a much faster pace, as you escape! Slow and steady wins the race!
    Ability for gorge to wear eggs as a hat.

RANDOMLY SIZED EGGS. Zey all the same size! :(!!
    Skulk egg skin.
    Babbler egg, egg skin.
    Egg Yolk.
  • fat catfat cat Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164696Members, Reinforced - Silver
    i agree with mostly everything, except for this point "- Egg model big enough to contain the organism that is gestating within it (or egg model grows to the correct size before gestation is finished)". It would be far easier to kill players who are evolving if this was implemented.
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow

OMGZ, IT HOVARZ WITHOUT FLAPPING!!!
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    edited October 2013
    fat cat wrote: »
    i agree with mostly everything, except for this point "- Egg model big enough to contain the organism that is gestating within it (or egg model grows to the correct size before gestation is finished)". It would be far easier to kill players who are evolving if this was implemented.

Wonder if it could be programmed into the game that when the egg reaches a certain point and it is right at the end of it's gestation cycle that it takes no damage so you can spawn, then take damage... or deal it :)

Eggs could get really hard in the final stage making them impervious to outside elements which will add a new mechanic to the game regarding marines and they will have to: "quick kill the eggs before it's too late!!!!" In addition, it would give aliens a shot if they are fortunate to reach end stage of gestation so you don't get killed before you spawn. Eggs cannot be stomped in final stage for all you EXO junkies :)

• NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited October 2013
    ... Ok

On a more realistic note
    Jekt wrote: »
    Here are my egg feature requests.

1. Stop teleporting me into the middle of a passage way when I try to evolve in a sneaky spot.
    2. Allow aliens to choose when to spawn from the egg.
    3. Can choose upgrades prior to spawning that adds gestation time.

Everything Jekt said, WE NEED IT
  • Al_BoboAl_Bobo Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183957Members
    I want Inception eggs; an egg inside egg inside egg. It can take much more punishment, but gestation time is longer...unless marine is shooting it to kill outer shells and freeing you!
    Alien dreams while inside an egg. Slapstick -comedy for skulks, Rambo -movies for fades.
    Commander ability to throw eggs towards marines by using hive's tentacles. It will deal heavy damage and you will emerge with the health amount depending of your gestation time.