Things you love about commanding.

2»

Comments

• RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    edited October 2014
    the best game i think i ever had was on mineshaft where we had super low upgrades as marines, 30 mins in no one could hold anything and A1 W1 because i was manually medpacking everyone that had hard time shooting the lifeforms 25+ mins in the game so once aliens got central they started dropping hives left and right and every one was like omg we are gonna lose this because we did not even got protostuff researched after low rt count (gap/waterpumps) while onoses kept rolling out and 3 hives. im dropping those ips for people dying when the game really begins...

1th beacon departures i said EVERYONE RUSH SMELTING HIVE (atleast 1 or 2 biomass lost in their main) but some with bilebomb still alive just finished building third hive in repair just before
    2nd beacon, sorting i say take the long path to repair rush while everyone is in smelting! i make path of support with remaining res and get hive down now skulks running to departures
    3rd beacon, to defend agains the alien push, however fresh hive sorting after scan i say while everyone is there lets rush smelting boom hive goes down while skulks come central to gap rushing to our main people going beacon beacon
    4th beacon, shipping again to defend against desperate skulk rush just after gate goes up to waterpumps, alien drops ANOTHER hive in repair i say omg its 25% free kill run & boom!
    5th beacon departures wich is under attack but say all to central!!! need to clear that out, they keep dropping shit, we take central (repair is ours built up and i becon everyone to attack cave just after) -no more upgrades im putting all my res into you guys! just shoot the target (even dropped waypoint on hive)
    6th beacon every one rushes cave we are gaining res as i researched jetpacks and pile up those meds just to make sure the last bullets connects with the hive! boom cave down
    now A1 and W1 is still up, people CRYYYYING over upgrades but hives are getting wrecked and i just recycled Advance armory to drop cc in cave just to block hive drop if we kill one more.
    7th i see obs departures when beacon they come runnig from smelting i was like wait is there a tunnel? there was atleast 7, but no.. shift driftor and 3 gorges ultrabuild smelting fully built with fades and just in time we kill the attack and all shit just destroyed in smelting with no crags!

before i said like GUYS smelting is last hive even if you die suicide it and gg (aliens are raping both mainbase and we lost repair during this time while hitting smelting, i just said ignore skulks rursh to trade for hive and JUST as we got the hive kill i scan repair...and what els but a hive?!! ofc im like ok LAST BEACON GUYS I PROMISE!!!, ppl being pumped like shit so many hive kills but since we had like 4 lifeforms in base im beaconing sorting since we had central for a while at this point i just spammed trails of support while everyone flied to repair. we already killed atleast 5 onoses and loads of other shit, central extractors is once again down, even departures went down while killing smelting behind our backs...fuck, ALL the actual rts we built up during this time are down, after all i was like focus on hives just trust me...

8th beacon to main, now every one is like DEPARTURES DEPARTURES DEPARTURES guys comon this is it (not just me), the ailien comm from repair hive had just time enough to drop last hive and there is barely any lifeforms left and we all got in for the last kill! that game was so fucking intensive they lost central, we lost central our only cc at the end was like 40% since people was attacking all the time after i beacon people in and out from places, the other shit was just blueprints it was so the riskyest game i ever played but also the most fun i ever had in 3000 hours of ns2, that bold move really paid off at the end, i though once they loses hives they wont be that strong. The res was on their side but we made all engagements and all of this this took place in what felt like maximum 2 minutes! left right middle build medpack beacon research jets phasegate here scan there it was SOOO Hectic it felt more like an endles sequence of keys i was spamming in specific order on my keyboard rather than regular thinking and commanding. Every single beacon had a reason and a target, there was no time to stand around or heal or weld we just went BAM BAM BAM and yes i did a celebration beacon at the end! :D

the aliens felt they had it, we felt we had it, then they was like oh no we are losing and then we was like shit its not working out, i was on the edge of my seat after all those beacons trying to med just as i from 9 to 10 res ticked in BOOM another beacon, trying to float just on that limit with the meds so later in the readyroom everyone was super hyped and like shit from both teams, said we never played a game quite like that (and unfortunatly never had i ever since) everyone was really down on rushing we had no other option and and really listening to the target in question so we literally melted those hives down one after the other. fresh and matured, with defences or with onoses... some aliens even said that beacon sound will haunt them forever haha to everyone who played this match and still remember this comback thx for epic game i can never forget how fun commanding can be <3
  • KungFuJVKungFuJV Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15167Members
    Yeah...I was really confused about that story
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    To quote myself about an exciting game I had in february.
    james888 wrote: »
    Map was mineshaft. I was alien comm. I chose crag hive first. We decided to take and keep central. Got a hive up in repair. Had lots or res towers. Went shift hive second. This went on for awhile. I got max biomass and placed about a dozen whips at both hives to hopefull echo somewhere. Marines kill cave hive. We build it back up really quick with two gorges. I get shade hive and get 3 veils. I am floating about 150 res at that time. I place 5 gorge eggs at each hive. A few lerk eggs too. I made back ups of our upgrades. We now have three onos. Unable to actually take a third hive. I am providing drifter support and there are gorges too. I am getting up to 180 res with nothing but eggs to spend it on as I am at supply limit. We still can't take anything and about 12 onos died by this time. Then the fun begins.

Marines try to get more organized and push. While they do this we take sorting and deposit with our two onos. They kill cave hive really quick. They then push repair. I placed deposit, sorting, and cave hives out of my 200 res. Repair goes down. We have no built hives and are running out of eggs. They kill cave hive and sorting hive. Someone went gorge on the deposit hive which already had a drifter. We barely got deposit up in time. Someone else got in hive and placed repair and cave again. Everyone starts spawning in all those gorge eggs I placed earlier as they were all that was left. We get the hives up really quick. The marine push had lost momentum by then and was less organized. They pushed but we defended them off with the help of the massive amount of whips at cave and repair.

Assessment was we still had all our upgrades. There were still lots of whips. We still had two hives like we did before this big push. We had emptied sorting and deposit. All our res towers were dead. We still had like 30 res left over though. I slowly built up all our res towers again. We had all but gap and operations res nodes which were marines. We were accumulating onos again and lots of res. Marines were demoralized and broke from their failed, although nearly successful, push. So they conceded. ~52 minute game.

All us aliens were talking excitedly in the ready room about what an improbable victory. The marine, @dvox, who carried the marines was complaining about his team standing around in base. I don't care what he had to complain about. They chewed through hives and onos like candy and somehow we won. It was super fun and exciting for us aliens. Now yes this was a pub game and organization was touch and go. We could not make a successful push, and they could not follow through with theirs big push.

I just wish I, or someone, had recorded this game. I still had to share even if just a story.

To summarize, neither team was real organized. Aliens had too much res but couldn't take anything. Marines weren't bold enough to do much. When they did get bold and had an incredible push we were prepared. I had multiple back ups of upgrades. I had so many whips defending each hive. When they had killed all our built hives, I had placed so many gorge eggs people just spawned in them and built the hives.

This was an improbable game with two teams that couldn't get it together. When one finally did, and did an absolutely amazing rush I was PREPARED. That was a moment that I loved about commanding.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Rupture.
    I seriously can't spam this enough lately.
    Nothing better than sneakily cysting up to marines' forward PG and rupturing/bonewalling the shit out of the marines as they phase to defend against stuff they can't even see (because their eyes are covered in goo)

Hmm, interesting new tactic.

But, wouldn't that consume a ton of tres?
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    edited October 2014
    Roobubba wrote: »
    If you did all of that on mineshaft, you truly are a wizard. Smelting is on refinery, shipping is on tram, and departures is on docking!

hehe yeah i have memory and i play ALL the maps haha i mean sorting offcourse and that other room under it :P but you should hear me scream out EVERY ONE RUSH CROSS lol
  • radionautradionaut california Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181192Members, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Gold
    RadimaX wrote: »
    hard to tell if that is schizophrenia, satire or a mixture of both, but either way it was fun read.

• colonoscopy_odysseycolonoscopy_odyssey Melbourne Join Date: 2014-04-25 Member: 195607Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Roobubba wrote: »
    If you did all of that on mineshaft, you truly are a wizard. Smelting is on refinery, shipping is on tram, and departures is on docking!

finthep-logo-1.jpg?w=300&h=269

• meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    coolitic wrote: »
    Rupture.
    I seriously can't spam this enough lately.
    Nothing better than sneakily cysting up to marines' forward PG and rupturing/bonewalling the shit out of the marines as they phase to defend against stuff they can't even see (because their eyes are covered in goo)

Hmm, interesting new tactic.

But, wouldn't that consume a ton of tres?

TRES WELL SPENT
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    ...kicking marines out of a forward outpost is always worth spending a few extra T-Resses on.
    edited October 2014
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    ...kicking marines out of a forward outpost is always worth spending a few extra T-Resses on.

Im just curious, how much damage does each rupture do? (seriously though, we need to give the wiki a facelift)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    coolitic wrote: »
    AurOn2 wrote: »

Im just curious, how much damage does each rupture do? (seriously though, we need to give the wiki a facelift)

Meatmachine said "eyes are covered in goo" and this is what rupture does. It blinds a marine but does no damage. Bonewall is a physical wall that does no damage. If a marine goes through the gate he can be blocked by the wall. If actually able to cyst up to a phase gate you could essentially deny it with those abilities making an alien push pretty easy.

• It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2014
    I love it when I'm commanding and nothing is going right, as if everyone's common sense went out of the window. But strangely I don't get frustrated, I just become so shocked that I begin to laugh maniacally of the massive downward spiral.

I ponder to myself how did I get the "perfect storm" of a team, and what mericless god punish me for daring to command.

This is where I lift my hands off my keyboard, and hold them in front of me and start question my own reality, then I begin to enter an almost euphoric state.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being sarcastic, maybe I've just been damaged from experiencing this so many times that I have become some sort of NS2 masochist, and that I almost crave the pain it give me.

But deep down, way deep down, inside me I am experiencing this:

/emo /wrist

Has anyone else experienced this?
  • KungFuJVKungFuJV Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15167Members
    I was with you all the way until you said you weren't being sarcastic...so no...because it's just a game...lol

No matter how many times you show me that video, I still cant stop rofling lol.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    The thing I like most about commanding is the free badge... MORE BADGES!!!!!! 8->
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited October 2014
    Yes..
    ..sigh.
    *gets the mop*

..cleaning job done.
    back on target, ladies.
    ..i need a pay rise.