UWE Secret Project

Comments

• meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Its the Secret Project™

You just broke rules #1 and #2 of Secret Project™ :O
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    The 'Secret Project' is UWE's next project on the Spark engine. They have been working on this for a few months at least now. I know they were working on the engine, I know some sound work has been done for it, as I watched the streams where they were created.

Other than that, things are fairly light, but if you dig around the forums I am sure you will find many more mentions and probably find a few more bits to hint at the project.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    lol what a tease: "My goodness @acwjones is doing a fantastic job directing art production on one of @UWEDev's unannounced projects!" Oh awesome... we can't see any of that yet... :(

"Oh you guys should see this, it's ama- oh wait, YOU CAN'T BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" ;)
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    lol what a tease: "My goodness @acwjones is doing a fantastic job directing art production on one of @UWEDev's unannounced projects!" Oh awesome... we can't see any of that yet... :(

"Oh you guys should see this, it's ama- oh wait, YOU CAN'T BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" ;)

He was very nice about me, though.

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I heard it involved lemon trees.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    NS3?

Man I can't wait to spend all my money on top hats for my aliens :D
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited September 2014
    Obraxis wrote: »
    NS3?

Leak:
    lerk-top-hat.png
    Damn, a dream comes true :3

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    The BUS was thrown under a train..
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    Mendasp wrote: »
    Obraxis wrote: »
    NS3?

Leak:
    lerk-top-hat.png

Can we see it from behind?
    Your avatar is perfectly appropriate when saying that

• Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    They're adding a native Lua interpreter built into the Spark engine. Lua objects will now be native Spark engine objects (also still being typed and garbage collected similar to how it is done in the Lua engine). This will allow much faster interfacing between the two. The only open issue is if they will support JIT, which may or may not come later.

Of course, once this work is finished, they will port NS2 to the new model. This is expected to at least double minimum FPS (in non-GPU-bound scenarios), and significantly lower CPU load for the game.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    In a twisted way.... that lerk with tophat looks WAY to good..
    Damnit.. now I want tophats :P
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Spark 2.0 has allowed for some amazing tech that is surpassing current game engines like UE4.
    Here's a rough work in progress screenshot of the project and the beautiful art style that @Insane‌ provides :
    large.jpg

That's next gen right there.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Jokes on you
    <-- Lactose intolerant
    :D
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    The BUS was thrown under a train..

I heard it was a bandwagon :-?
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Jokes on you
    <-- Lactose intolerant
    :D

That really sucks.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Okay - on a serious note..
    Does spark 2.0 Have More tools for linux users? Currently i can't really play NS2 But i can most certainly run the editor. Only one problem. Linux. (sadface)
    SOme of us don't like to run Operating systems riddled with virus checks and constantly having to.... do all those problematic things related to windows Operating systems.

Please? For me?
  • KendallKendall Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14402Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    That's amazing Ironhorse, thanks for leaking I mean sharing that image!
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    @ironhorse you should remove that image, this isn't an image forum.

"*snip* This is not an imageboard -Ironhorse"
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    ns2isgood wrote: »
    @ironhorse you should remove that image, this isn't an image forum.

"*snip* This is not an imageboard -Ironhorse"

Don't worry, it's not armed when there's a spoiler around it.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    You're not threatened by a sword when it's sheathed, are you?
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    You're not threatened by a sword when it's sheathed, are you?

No. Just like I'm not threatened if that friendly mister carries his gun on his belt instead of in his hand.