27 Days Later

VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/134346/what-is-releasing-in-27-days-speculation-thread/p1

I felt the need to create a new thread.
Partly because the first one derailed and we didn't get an answer there.
Partly because the first thread doesn't get pushed up to the front, even if you post there. COINCIDENCE?!

Now it's one month and a half later and we still don't know what it is. Is it the Combat reveal?

@Jibrail said:
Jibrail wrote: »
d0ped0g wrote: »
Is this the thing that the "What is releasing in 27 days" thread is about? Or is that still yet to be revealed?
I really don't think that was meant for Combat, cause I was waiting on something too!

So is it a hoax?
Or is Jibrail just badly informed? But the deadline doesn't match with PAX...

Some kind of clarification would be nice...
I might note that I'm not trying to hype anything here. I'm just genuinely interested. (I know that I sound different.)

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2014
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/134346/what-is-releasing-in-27-days-speculation-thread/p1

I felt the need to create a new thread.
    Partly because the first thread doesn't get pushed up to the front, even if you post there. COINCIDENCE?!

Now it's one month and a half later and we still don't know what it is. Is it the Combat reveal?

@Jibrail said:
    Jibrail wrote: »
    d0ped0g wrote: »
    Is this the thing that the "What is releasing in 27 days" thread is about? Or is that still yet to be revealed?
    I really don't think that was meant for Combat, cause I was waiting on something too!

So is it a hoax?
    Or is Jibrail just badly informed? But the deadline doesn't match with PAX...

Some kind of clarification would be nice...
    I might note that I'm not trying to hype anything here. I'm just genuinely interested. (I know that I sound different.)

It's not the combat reveal, and not a hoax. UWE has had bad luck releasing patches at the end of the week... so I'd guess if anything was coming soon, it wouldn't be until Monday at the earliest. Purely a guess though...
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts

Your first point answered the second point. It was hopelessly derailed so I sunk it. Yup, big conspiracy. When it's ready, it will be revealed. I will lock or sink this topic if it goes down the same route.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    It's not a hoax. There were some significant delays and the original schedule was aggressive to say the least. We're still hoping to get this out fairly soon, but I can't really say any more than that.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    So since my guess was some kind of standalone mod support (not just for combat) and thats no what it it, let me take another guess :D

I say its going to be the new skill rating system combined with improvements to matchmaking

Either that OR

Brofist Exo and/or playable Babbler Gorge class
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Comprox wrote: »

Your first point answered the second point. It was hopelessly derailed so I sunk it. Yup, big conspiracy. When it's ready, it will be revealed. I will lock or sink this topic if it goes down the same route.

Well, I didn't even know it's possible to sink a thread like this. Thanks for this information.
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    I ( and Decoy ) have already stated in the other topic that the 27 day thing is not Combat.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    ^^^

*Titantic music plays*
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited April 2014
    Hello forum archaeologists, I just want to let you know that there was a time where these threads didn't get buried for future generations to discover them, this is a recent technology and we're getting used to it. Please forgive us!
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Waiting for the fat lady to sing.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2014
    Hugh's recent twitter post... :D
    HughTweet_zps0bc82905.png

Edit - Screenshot probably better than quote:
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    Comprox wrote: »

Hmmmm.. idk what to say that won't bury the thread or lock it, or ''get ban''. I'll try to post later with an appropriate comment. Wooooh saaaahhh
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Guys, guys, the 27 day thing is when marines finally get tazors and gorges can grow combustible lemons.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Its ok. I already guessed it and was correct. I guessed that there would be a 2d ns2 platforming game at the 27 day mark, and there was. Look back in those two threads; it is true.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Wahhhh I had forgotten about this and now Hugh's saying it's something EXCITING, waahhh I want it now waaahhh
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Roobubba wrote: »
    TBH even if the announcement was: "NS2 Build 265" - that would go a long way to mitigate these kinds of threads. It offers no idea of the content, but at least it's not a "NS2: all aliens get devour" content thread shock slam bang news story.

I am happy patiently waiting for you guys to get it right, both UWE and the community members who give their free time to help development of NS2.

In terms of handling the community relations, a lot of the recent drama could have been mitigated by saying something along the lines of: "The '27 days' was for release of the next patch (details will be announced at a later date), but we were unable to meet this informal deadline and will release the patch as soon as it is ready."

So much this.
    I feel like a simple "agree" is not enough here.
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    TBH even if the announcement was: "NS2 Build 265" - that would go a long way to mitigate these kinds of threads. It offers no idea of the content, but at least it's not a "NS2: all aliens get devour" content thread shock slam bang news story.

I am happy patiently waiting for you guys to get it right, both UWE and the community members who give their free time to help development of NS2.

In terms of handling the community relations, a lot of the recent drama could have been mitigated by saying something along the lines of: "The '27 days' was for release of the next patch (details will be announced at a later date), but we were unable to meet this informal deadline and will release the patch as soon as it is ready."

So much this.

Yeah, the closet is quite dark...
    Dictator93 wrote: »

So much this.

Yeah, the closet is quite dark...

?
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I think he's implying you're an undiscovered homosexual. And you're gay for RooBubba.
    I dont see the problem here.
    I think he's implying you're an undiscovered homosexual. And you're gay for RooBubba.
    I dont see the problem here.

Ah, alright.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    So much smoke and mirrors.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    I got this one figured out guys. Pay attention: Easter is coming soon, therefore the announcement is the second coming of Christ.

You're welcome.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2014
    Mendasp wrote: »
    the announcement is the second coming of Christ.
    640x360.resizedimage

Oh and a REAL MAN locks a thread and doesnt do the sneaky sinking.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2014
    The thing is, Hugh is mentioning this on twitter at the moment, but he is not talking in here, lol...
    hughtweetagain_zpsf8ac3ae0.png

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    The thing is, Hugh is mentioning this on twitter at the moment, but he is not talking in here, lol...

I don't get it... do they have to generate a new steam id for every revision of the game, or are they talking about an entirely different game, and the "@NS2" is unrelated?

Also: HE SAID "LAUNCH PAD"!!!!! Tool improvements/bug fixes???????? (Shut up! Let me have my false-hope!)
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    FS4MxCS.jpg

...but in all seriousness, we're working on stuff that will appear sooner rather than later. :)

I've been holding back from the 28 days later.. happy you picked it up for me lol

Soul_Rider wrote: »

Yeah. Why is there more communication on twitter than in their very own forums?
    RapGod wrote: »
    Obraxis wrote: »
    -a picture-

...but in all seriousness, we're working on stuff that will appear sooner rather than later. :)

I've been holding back from the 28 days later.. happy you picked it up for me lol

Guess where the thread title comes from ;)