Keyboard And Server List Probs.

LazerusLazerus Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8299Members
Hi all..

I've been playing NS for almost a week now, and everything was going swimingly until lastnight.

It all started when I timed out of a server.. I tried to reconnect, but timed out again, and I couldnt even updatea server list. So, I downloaded/installed "The All Seeing Eye" and managed to get in to a game using that.. played a game, or two.. and then all of a sudden at the start of a new game, my controlls went all crazy.. My "S" got remapped to the down arrow key, and caps lock now turns on and off.. basically my keyboard is totally scrambled.. And I can't even type out side of the game either.. like even if i just open up notepad and type, all i get is stuff like "JHI\ hh8^SGHS hkasy" etc...

whats the deal? anyone else out there exp this? i'm wondering if maybe the all seeing eye has a trojan in it or somthing, cuz a scrambled keyboard can mean a virus.. *sigh*

i hope someone out there has an answer for me...

cheers,
Lazerus

Comments

• TzarconTzarcon Join Date: 2002-02-28 Member: 259Members
    I've been using ASE for a while, as have thousands of others, and I've never had a problem with it. If you have this problem, how is it that you are typing this message to us? As it looks, this is not a problem with NS, and to be honest I have no clue what other kind of problem this could be, but others might
  • RolkinRolkin Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8666Members
    I assume that you are on a friends computer to type your message if so, simply take his/her keyboard and plug it in your computer if you get the same problem it could be a bad keyboard/usb port if USB switch to a different port, if their keyboard works fine buy a new keyboard.
  • LazerusLazerus Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8299Members
    I was typing this from work..

I managed to resolve the keyboardproblem by simply booting up in to good old safe mode...

I still cant connect suing the games server list, but ASE seems to be better anyway...

thanks for the replies,

Lazerus