What is releasing in 27 days? Speculation thread

Comments

• MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Growth + cosmetics + stand alone = the mystery (I think)
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    edited March 2014
    - expect to see quite a few new maps

YEEEEEEEEEEEEES finally!!!
  • BalmarkBalmark Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3476Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    I don't get the point of this shit
    IronHorse wrote: »
    ns2isgood wrote: »
    Another hype build up fail by UWE. GG.
    To be fair, it was the community who hyped it this time.
    There was no announcement for an announcement or anything, Hugh just teased with a blurred photo. (something that was done before in the past with UWE's twitter that never generated this much hype.. maybe the release date is what did it)

@Ironhorse
    You're blaming the community for hype?

The NS2 community just want something for NS2 .. not just competitive .. something that DESERVES hype .. things get hyped up because of retarded pictures like this with phrases like 'release dates' .. and 'guess what??' shit thrown around ..

How about this .. dont fucking release pictures like this .. and just fucking tell us ..
    sick of this shit tbh

Free to play probably wouldn't help at this stage tbh .. I had assumed the badges for the NS2WC were a test on DLC more or less .. with the aim to go free to play and sell hats .. tbh if it does go that way .. I see it more as a way to squeeze the last few $ from those still sticking around
  • BalmarkBalmark Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3476Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    meh I just want something for NS2 that deserves hype .. just tired of the disappointments
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    Well, you're a peachy one, aren't ya? :-P

I recommend staying away from anything related to the gaming industry if hype isn't your thing.
    It's sort of unavoidable and how every business generates interest in their product.
    Come to think of it.. that's the entire media industry..

Though, like i said previously, hype has occurred for things that were obviously done for protocol's sake, like blurring out a computer monitor in the background of a photo... so I doubt you can stop this hypetrain, balmark.. let alone make a request from UWE.
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    edited March 2014
    ns2isgood wrote: »
    Another hype build up fail by UWE. GG.
    To be fair, it was the community who hyped it this time.
    There was no announcement for an announcement or anything, Hugh just teased with a blurred photo. (something that was done before in the past with UWE's twitter that never generated this much hype.. maybe the release date is what did it)

I would be inclined to agree, but the truth is that this thread has been around for nearly a month and nothing had been done by UWE to diffuse it or dismiss the release/announcement date as false or uncertain. If anything, golden posts only added to the hype.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    RadimaX wrote: »
    - expect to see quite a few new maps

YEEEEEEEEEEEEES finally!!!

Yeah... so where does that come from?
    Is that irony?
    I don't get it and I don't think there will be anymore maps.

Also, what I don't understand why they can't make the announcement yet. I mean - is the announcement not ready yet or what? It's not like you have to deliver right after announcing it. Hell, you don't even have to give a deadline. Just "Hey guys, we know we are a bit delayed, but we are currently working on X. You will get it soon and it will be great!"
    edited March 2014
    F0rdPrefect - it was a link in this post yesterday to unkown worlds official site that listed all features i only copyd 1 line, they said reworking the tech tree, adding new commander features etc etc, the regular stuff we already know...unfortunatly they say game will change AGAIN - Also ALOT! but the best part for me was NEW MAPS and i quoted it from UWE!

NS2 maps have the BEST estetic and visual style of any tripple game title, even better than titanfall from 2014, its the best in any game i have ever seen or played in my life. i love the technical and futuristic layout, the panels and models, the settings and mood all maps comes with. i cant get enough of them! thats why i am happy to hear MORE MAPS, last thing i heard that other official map discovery or what its called was put on halt due to making eclipse or something. so enough with the cosmetics, skins and other gimmick, i want actual playable environments for more variety and this means ns2 is not yet finished! thank god we get to see more of it!
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    F0rdPrefect - it was a link in this post yesterday to unkown worlds official site that listed all features i only copyd 1 line, they said reworking the tech tree, adding new commander features etc etc, the regular stuff we already know...unfortunatly they say game will change AGAIN - Also ALOT! but the best part for me was NEW MAPS and i quoted it from UWE!

That sounds awesome. Actually, a bit too awesome to believe :\

Do you have a link to that site?
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members

i cant get enough of them! thats why i am happy to hear MORE MAPS, last thing i heard that other official map discovery or what its called was put on halt due to making eclipse or something. so enough with the cosmetics, skins and other gimmick, i want actual playable environments for more variety and this means ns2 is not yet finished! thank god we get to see more of it!

Bit early for April Fools'. I REALLY hope they don't mess with the tech trees again.
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    Dictator93 wrote: »
    NS2WC hype was hilarious now when I look back on it. I seriously remember refeshing the page with so much confusion.

@Dictator93‌ I remember having access to the files before the announcement. I was excited, but was like oh shit this is gonna be interesting on the forums...

NS2 maps have the BEST estetic and visual style of any tripple game title, even better than titanfall from 2014, its the best in any game i have ever seen or played in my life. i love the technical and futuristic layout, the panels and models, the settings and mood all maps comes with. i cant get enough of them! thats why i am happy to hear MORE MAPS, last thing i heard that other official map discovery or what its called was put on halt due to making eclipse or something. so enough with the cosmetics, skins and other gimmick, i want actual playable environments for more variety and this means ns2 is not yet finished! thank god we get to see more of it!

Ouch. That was a link to the NS 1.1 release teaser text someone linked as a joke...
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    It's the female gorge. Gorges look like dropbears!
    Haha really? so we can expect NO MAPS? wow...
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Not that we can expect no maps (because we have no idea what to expect), but yeah, that was a joke post.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2014

We are getting a new map, its called mineshaft :D

Also I found a partial changelog!
    Balance

Increased flamethrower "on fire" damage by 50%. Reduced on fire energy recuperation rate from 80% to 60%. Reduced cost from 30 to 25 so new players don’t think of it as "better" than the GL.
    Increased time that umbra "drags" from .2 seconds to .5 (so aliens in it can retain the benefits for a short time as they leave it).
    Lowered Lerk speed from 13 to 11. Increased armor from 25 to 50. Increased spike accuracy quite a bit. Bite damage increased and does Normal damage (was Light).
    MACs now repair Exos at half the rate that players do.
    Reduced cost and research times of tier 3 alien abilities (Xenocide, Stomp, Vortex, Umbra).
    Reduced egg generation rate at hives by 25% – to help address the "zerg machine of doom" (thanks Zeikko!).
    Reduced high HP for mature Crag (700/350 -> 600/250).
    Changed pre-evolved eggs and droppable equipment to have the same tres cost as the pres cost.
    Disabled initial blink force, to give Fades a reason to use shadow step as well
    Changes

Disabled initial blink force, to give fades a reason to use shadow step as well.
    Ghost model effect no longer shows up for destroyed power nodes.
    Increased Onos base speed slightly.
    Marine commander can now manually cancel ghost structures and get 75% of the res back.
    Nutrient Mist has been changed back to be an area effect.
    Nutrient Mist now speeds up only maturation and life form gestation (research, construction is not influenced).
    Player personal resources are no longer cleared out when switching teams.
    Removed rifle butt stun effects and reduced range to be slightly shorter than skulk bite.
    Removed slowdown after charging for Onos.
    NS2WC hype was hilarious now when I look back on it. I seriously remember refeshing the page with so much confusion.

@Dictator93‌ I remember having access to the files before the announcement. I was excited, but was like oh shit this is gonna be interesting on the forums...

Ouch. That was a link to the NS 1.1 release teaser text someone linked as a joke...

Really? LOL!
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    @current1y Not my rifle butt stun! They cant take it away again! I cant go through that again!
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    Ups I wasn't reading througly sorry about that. Nvm my original post:
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I like being teased and enjoy the (imo rather sarcastic / just for fun) hype we created here.

Now get back to the fine art of speculation all!
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    It would be great to see a blog post detailing plans like the old days...
    Unfortunately, I think people going bat sh** crazy mad when releases got delayed or features got dropped (from what was talked up in the blog posts), has kind of put a damper on UWE openness. To bad, really...I enjoyed those posts as well.

People reasonably expect a lot more from a "released" game than a beta/early access game. I wonder if it would have gone easier if UWE never officially released NS2...just kept it in beta/early access/whatever. I think people would have been generally much more forgiving. Oh well, that ship has sailed.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    I don't what they were planning but they did release this

https://github.com/unknownworlds/hlslparser
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    Oh come on @ns2isgood‌ just read what @Racer1‌ posted.. it really should be considered.
    You don't even know what you're upset about missing out on, lol!
    It could be NS3 (its not) or it could be a free weekend and you wouldn't even know... yet you're clearly upset by it. Just consider that for a moment.

If people can't be asked to be reasonable about UWE (or any game dev for that matter) not making a release date, then they probably shouldn't be so involved with such details, (like developer twitter accounts or corners of gaming forums) and should just carry on with other things.

Else, your unreasonable reaction just builds an environment where they don't want to share things that they are excited about.
    And let's be honest while we're on the subject... that's what that photo was intended to do... to get you excited about something UWE is doing. It's supposed to be fun and exciting, if 7 pages of speculation doesn't demonstrate that. If you want a company who just releases X feature blandly with no notice or excitement then you'll have to look somewhere other than the games industry.

Dates change because budgets, schedules, events and software are all far less reliable than an arbitrary date.
    I mean, you are not rage emailing every game developer that delays their release, right? It happens in this industry almost more than it doesn't, if you haven't noticed.

Lastly, it's better to miss a release date than release a broken product, don't you think?
    If you do, then i'd hope you'd be a little more reasonable than shouting "BS" to game developers in a forum...

Just my 2 cents
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    There's a difference between being entirely unreasonable about UWE missing the deadline and refusing to admit that the missed deadline is UWE's responsibility. ns2isgood's post was directed at you trying to blame the community for building up the hype. That was not a fair accusation, considering that it was Hugh who posted the image in the first place, and considering that a number of golden posters did not attempt to quiet down the hype surrounding the reveal and in fact built it up with repeated teasing posts.

Yes, it's unreasonable to act indignant about something like a missed deadline, but it's equally unreasonable to ignore the mistakes made by a developer's PR department and try to pin them on the community.
    @Blarney_Stone‌
    I do not believe anyone has alleviated UWE from responsibility for missing the deadline?? Or have i missed this?
    The golden posters did not know that it was going to be delayed either, so it's hard to put anything on them.

My only point was that UWE was not intentionally hyping things up (like they have for previous large releases or events) it was just a photo meant to be a tease to build interest - not hype.
    Compared to the hype that UWE has intentionally created in the past, i definitely feel this one was created by the community..

Does this mean every thing they tease will create hype and should not be done? I hope not.. I rather like those teases :-/
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    My only point was that UWE was not intentionally hyping things up (like they have for previous large releases or events) it was just a photo meant to be a tease to build interest - not hype.
    Compared to the hype that UWE has intentionally created in the past, i definitely feel this one was created by the community..

Does this mean every thing they tease will create hype and should not be done? I hope not.. I rather like those teases :-/

If UWE give people a photo with something that intentionally shows a release date you have blurred out, it will create speculation. You can't expect anything else. That will lead to hype and teasing more will only increase said hype. You can't run around and claim the community is at fault for all the hype, no one in the community would have known a thing if it wasn't for the image UWE posted...

Did the community know if that update was new content or some other UWE related news? No. But the community expected something because they provided a date!
    When UWE fail to provide anything someone is going to get annoyed, especially after it has happened before. Sure there are people who will just pass it off but you can't expect that the entire community, especially one with people as passionate as some of those in the NS2 community.

Now if you're going to tell people that you are working on either new content, a patch, something else and don't give them a release date at least they can't continuously get annoyed at you for failing to hit your own deadlines :/ Im sure there are somethings UWE wish to keep quiet and surprise people with, then surprise them and don't tease people with promises that can not be kept!
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Send these people a pixelated photo of a UWE devs groin area and have some giggles while everyone puts their faces to the screens trying to work it out... That'll shut them up.