*NEW* Server ElitePro 500+hr

12346»

Comments

• KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    So is the general approach to piss off king until he bans you, and then act all elitist? Because that's what I am seeing
  • JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Kala you used to see this side. You stepped back and went soft. I dunno what to say.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Kalabalana wrote: »
    So is the general approach to piss off king until he bans you, and then act all elitist? Because that's what I am seeing
    You seriously read my post, my repeal, and his reason for banning me from his servers... and you have this to say??

It's really not hard to get banned.. awesome-ing a post is good enough for him. Apparently so is equal treatment of all forum users / not having an admin in your pocket that responds well to your threats.

Our response to his poor judgement is not one of elitism, but rather surprise, disgust and disappointment of such behavior.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    I feel like being in kindergarten again. Could we please talk about this like adults.

First i can't understand how ppl can fight that much about servers. Just play at the server you like and thats it. A server admin can do and behave like he want at his own servers. If you don't like this stick to another server.

I think multiple sides behaved at this topics like "children" ! I can't understand why KKG banned Ironhorse and find it strange to ban someone without a reason covered in some kind of server guideline.

Also i think the long ban of King from the UWE forum is not necessairly. Yes he behaved not correctly but some other users here did behave in the same incorrect way and i think this hole situation isn't just the fault of "King's ego" all alone.

But for sure he did no action in this forum to legimate a such long ban.

I think the best for both sides of this dicussions will be to calm down. I can't even believe how this thread derailed in such a way and tbh i'm sad about it.

So imho this thread should be closed for now next to every other thread which goes into the same way of blaming other servers and glorifying one server.

I'm okay with informing and presenting servers here but the uwe forum should be neutral ground which should not be used to fight in such a "childish way" about who is right and who is wrong or what server is the best or who is the best ns2 player etc.

That's just my thoughts about all this. Hopefully some of you read this and remember what makes the ns2 community so special.

Discussions like this one can be found in many other gaming communities and i don't want to be a part of such a community.
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
    Kalabalana wrote: »

He banned Decoy for simply pressing the "awesome" button. lol
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Gibs wrote: »
    He banned Decoy for simply pressing the "awesome" button. lol

#YOLO
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    @GhoulofGSG9‌
    I feel like you are not understanding what has occurred adequately and thus what you have read here may seem out of place.
    Allow me to fill you in so that you may make your own informed decision.

To start it off:
    Also i think the long ban of King from the UWE forum is not necessairly.
    He is not banned.
    That is a warning that is applied to his account.. one that was done in jest, as the wording shows subtly with currently's name, mirroring King's reasoning for banning me, and of course using the "awesome" flag.. which would never result in actual disciplinary action.
    Before you or anyone screams admin abuse, let me inform you that King and his son had their accounts perma banned by another admin on these forums from some other time. (King did not have his account banned, I was incorrect. Just lost credentials) I do not know the reason. But one day i spoke with him on the side about it and decided to unban both of them and assist in restoring their accounts.
    So I don't see my long term warning as that grave of a step to make, considering I am the only reason he was able to post lately, and felt like it was a tongue and cheek poke at him for banning me from all his servers that he could appreciate - and yet still post on these forums. He didn't get the joke, though, given his response on his own forums. :-/

You see, I originally felt like King and his son deserved fair and equal treatment like everyone else gets.. so I was continually defending him and editing threads and warning as well as banning many people, to include PTs and friends. I honestly felt that fair treatment and having the forums remain neutral (as you suggested) was more important than any allegiance or history I had. I pissed off many friends of my own doing this.

This principle that I stood by is what eventually brought King to ban me.
    After weeks of constantly maintaining his threads (I believe I was the only admin to do so as well) he began to message me things like "stop ignoring me" and "If you don't do something about it.." and began demanding me to ban users for voicing a negative opinion of him. I reminded him of our policy and exactly what i said here.
    He immediately de-friended me from steam saying "We're done here" and then attempted to speak poorly about my judgement in posts here, followed eventually by banning me.

You can imagine how foolish I feel for trying.
    So imho this thread should be closed for now next to every other thread which goes into the same way of blaming other servers and glorifying one server.
    You know, I did what I had been doing all along and I deleted a whole page of derailing posts already and jailed another user for derailing this very thread, all before he banned me.
    Somehow I feel compromised after that. I no longer wish to ensure it remains on topic. Any other admin can do what they please, but I no longer care to treat an individual fairly if he cannot do the same to others around him.

For the record though, this was never about blaming servers. Not at all. I like his 250+ server and the people / admins that frequent there... never had a problem. I think everyone else in here would agree.
    It was about King.
    This has been a reaction to his actions. He is allowed to run his servers however he sees fit, and people are allowed to voice their opinions about said actions.

Hope that explains some of whats going on in here.
    I'm done in here, though, so see you around in techsupport buddy. :)
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    @IronHorse‌

Ok i didn't know that King was jailed before. So now i can understand the long "jailtime". Still i think that some other parties here also behaved in a wrong way ( not you ).

I never was about saying that there was any issue of admin abuse i just wanted to express how unhappy i'm about the hole situation in this thread and i think you are also not happy about it at all and i can understand your action.

Still i thought before knowing that he was jailed before of this like kind of a overreaction. OFC i also can't see removed or changed posts here. So my judgement is kind of constrained.

Seems like we should return to where we belong, the techsupport yay. :D
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Annnnnd on that note I think we're going to close this thread.

If you have further grievances, you can PM the party involved.
This discussion has been closed.