*NEW* Server ElitePro 500+hr

2456

Comments

  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members Posts: 415 Fully active user
    edited March 2014
    NeXuS wrote: »
    My advice would be to come join the comp scene if you want to learn more. I partially agree that there only so much you can learn in public games but 250 hours is nothing in a game like NS2. I started pugging and playing comp at about 300 hours or so in. The stuff you learn in such a short period of time is amazing. It can be overwhelming at first but if you stick with it, things like positioning, lane blocking, and rotating became second nature.

    I'm sure, which is why I specified in my original post "casual gamers". I avoid the scene because I already lost almost a decade of my life on NS1 so I only game casually now. that decade has already ingrained in me the movement/spatial awareness of the ns world.
    Something is seriously wrong this this type of player! We have NEVER kicked/ban a player for any skill level, ever. Never! We do however kick/ban players for rude, disrespectful behavior, and the use of the N word gets an auto perm. ban. None is these things have anything to do with any perceived "skill".

    Furthermore, if you can prove any admin has ever threaten you, or another player for what you claim, I'll be happy to remove their admin abilities, no questions asked. I'll allow you to use this thread to upload screenshots for validation.

    Thanks for the clarification, I've never joined the rookie servers. Said admin and I just have a history dating back in NS1, so I tent to ignore his antics because I know anything I say or disagree with will be assumed as trolling. From what I've seen he's actually a decent admin who has the server's interest in mind- but his 5 year old grudge against me sometimes shows.



    Post edited by wulf on
  • KingKahuna[KKG]™KingKahuna[KKG]™ Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9507Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 209 Fully active user
    lwf wrote: »
    Servers requiring 250 hours and over actually fills, or it this a joke? :o That's pretty impressive.

    Well, the 500+hr server is full at this time. Just beginning to seed for the day too.
    KingKahuna[KKG]™
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members Posts: 1,684 Advanced user
    Darn it, only 175 hours. I was really hoping to crush the hopes of the players with over-sized egos.
    When life gives you lemons, throw it back and demand chocolate.


    KingKahuna[KKG]™
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 2,679 Advanced user
    coolitic wrote: »
    Darn it, only 175 hours. I was really hoping to crush the hopes of the players with over-sized egos.

    Don't worry, I tried it out and the only oversized thing was the badge count. :P
    KingKahuna[KKG]™
  • MoFoMoFo Join Date: 2013-09-09 Member: 188047Members Posts: 150
    I get lots of questions about "Why can't I join the server! I have over 1000 hours in game." ANSWER: Your Steam Profile is set to PRIVATE

    The mod can't determine how many hours you have played with a private steam profile, and unless you have a very high Hive Stat, or high NS2Stats ranking, it won't let you join.

    So, very quick and easy solution! Take your steam profile off private before joining our servers. Wala, problem solved.

    There is something that puzzles me about this...

    I have always kept my steam profile set to private and I can play on the +75 and +150 hour servers with no problem... Yet for whatever reason the +250 and +500 hour servers kick me. It's the same mod on all servers right? So why is it I can play on the +75 and +150 hour servers, but I have to set my profile to public in order to play on the +250 and +500 hour ones?

    It just seems odd that the mod can recognize my hours on some servers but not the others...



  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,954 Fully active user
    Plz wulf you were cheating all those years ago in BAD clan, just admit it.
    Also, the whole private profile thing is kind of a drag.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members Posts: 869 Advanced user
    I've got 500+ hours(588) but I'd still consider myself pretty average at the game at best (can't be bothered getting better). So yeah, I'm going to come in there and wreck up the place.
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer Posts: 283 mod
    What do they say? Iron sharpens, Iron.

    Proverbs 27:17 - Praise Jesus.
    twitch.tv/Zefram0911
    "I'm not ticklish. I'm also immune to pain and fear" - cory s.

    Uninstalled December 2015
    PatridgeDecoy
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts Posts: 8,191 admin
    No, I just sharpen my knives..
    QUOTE (Techercizer @ Feb 3 2012, 10:47 AM) »
    Every time you ask for troubleshooting without providing system info, ATI adds a rendering bug for an upcoming game.

    When you feel you need to be rude or angry about a game, just read these links and remember what role you are playing:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_disinhibition_effect
    http://www.eldergame.com/2008/06/taming-the-forum-tiger/
    KingKahuna[KKG]™Benson
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members Posts: 325 Advanced user
    edited March 2014
    coolitic wrote: »
    Darn it, only 175 hours. I was really hoping to crush the hopes of the players with over-sized egos.

    Don't worry, I tried it out and the only oversized thing was the badge count. :P
    lol, I noticed the plethora of badges as well.

    Over the past week, I've noticed one or two competitive players and/or a few pubstars on the 250 hour server. The rest of the players are usually average at best concerning KDR/score/overall team contribution. This is pretty much the same as any other NA server with the exception of Gibs' Gorge Hut, which comp players sometimes frequent. A high concentration of skilled players only seems to happen in pugs/gathers. The good thing about requiring an amount of hours is that there's little to no risk of playing with rookies, but hours played certainly doesn't directly correlate to skill. Good on King for making the effort to provide skilled players with a better experience, though.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue Posts: 1,351 Advanced user
    This is a real funny thread.
    And its a shame that the EU players are doomed to play on low skill allways empty 18 slot servers.
    image
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,831 admin
    edited March 2014
    dePARA wrote: »
    This is a real funny thread.
    And its a shame that the EU players are doomed to play on low skill allways empty 18 slot servers.

    They choose themself to play on 24+ pub servers ... .

    @MoFo‌

    Forgot to read this line ?
    The mod can't determine how many hours you have played with a private steam profile, and unless you have a very high Hive Stat, or high NS2Stats ranking, it won't let you join.

    This is a technical issue as you only can get those values ( playtime of games ) via the steam api if a profile is public. So the plugin also checks out Hive and Ns2Stats.
    Developer, Modder and Server Admin of Survival of the Fattest - Ingame Nick: Ghoul
    KingKahuna[KKG]™
  • dusterduster michigan, US Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193329Members Posts: 55 Fully active user
    lwf wrote: »
    Servers requiring 250 hours and over actually fills, or it this a joke? :o That's pretty impressive.
    Hi, welcome to playing video games.

  • KingKahuna[KKG]™KingKahuna[KKG]™ Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9507Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 209 Fully active user
    edited March 2014
    The mod can't determine how many hours you have played with a private steam profile, and unless you have a very high Hive Stat, or high NS2Stats ranking, it won't let you join.


    There you have it.
    KingKahuna[KKG]™
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter Posts: 1,025 Advanced user
    I've got just under 1000 hrs so far in game, but I've always been a dedicated pubber. No time for teams and mumble turns me off from PUGS simply cuz my mic is temperamental (been getting "1 more fore PUG" notifications for moooonths, never ever joined). I'm no elitepro, no pro, but I've got the experience of hundreds and hundreds of rounds played, so I generally know what to expect. That said, I cant say enough how much I have enjoyed playing on these servers. I know peepz are still gonna want smaller games, but I played several rounds yesterday afternoon when serv was full and all the games were very balanced non-stomps, very fun, and better yet, nobody complained about skill level of teammates/comm/player count. White KKG servs are my favorite go-to now-a-days, and I'm bummed when the only slots I can find are on green servers.

    To anybody who is wary of these servers, especially because of player count, think about your alternatives and give it a shot. It's a pub, yes, but it's fast paced and fun. You'll probably be thankful there's at least a couple servers like this.
    KingKahuna[KKG]™
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow Posts: 3,191 Fully active user
    I just lolled at the

    'I listened to you experienced players and voilà: I gave you what you want!'

    alongside

    'no fewer than 24 slots ever you ungrateful bastards, you'll get what I tell you is best'

    :)

    I'd certainly try this server out some time out of curiosity, and would be pleasantly surprised if it turns out not to be a mindless spam fest. Don't get me wrong, there's a place for 24 slot servers: sometimes you really don't want to care about the game and just want to kick back and muck about, and since combat became essentially unplayable, that leaves high player count servers as a reasonable alternative.
    For all your gorge busting needs.
    It is very strange how some1 who spend so much time makeing videos to help mans, can fall and take miror image of dark ages bourgeoisie, outdated set of belifs
    How True.
    SynVisionsSebSolidSpiderDecoy
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members Posts: 274 Fully active user
    I just played there yesterday for a few rounds. Commanding on there is so EZ, people actually listen.
    KingKahuna[KKG]™DrNo
  • KingKahuna[KKG]™KingKahuna[KKG]™ Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9507Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 209 Fully active user
    ezekel wrote: »
    bp2008 wrote: »
    KKG servers have too many player slots. Plain and simple.

    Player slots will not change. Please accept the fact, it's set to 24, and not changing. We have already tried different player slots. In fact, we changed player slots for 6 months, and the over whelming response was; people prefer the 24 slot servers. Thanks for your opinion (again), but we're not going to change it. Take a look at the 12, 14, 16, 18 slot servers in your browser. They are EMPTY. Case Closed! CHECKMATE! Next subject please.

    What I have learned about this game is this: Anyone who thinks they are good with 6/6, and can run up a high k/d ratio can't really hang with action play games. In fact, there is not a lot of action in a 6/6 game. If you want to improve your skill, you must learn to play with more bullets flying, more skulks biting, more grenades bouncing, and more Fades pouncing. We have a lot of "pro" (competitive) players that play on our 24 player servers to improve their skill level. They recognize this game will DIE another quick death, petting competitive players requests (demands), and support the over all larger player base, so they can play they game they love for a long time. My own personal opinion is, some competitive players are afraid to play on servers with higher player counts, because their hive stats ranking (which they care about so much) will decline.

    We created these servers just for you! You claim to be so good! A special server opened, and designed for the NS2 player with 500+hrs of experience. I have always placed more emphasis on the experience of a player, over k/d ratio. After all, this is a strategy game, a team game, and is very complex to learn. Of course, no one is forcing you to play. In the end, it is your choice to join.

    Heavily Disagree, players with 500+ hours definitely do not prefer a 24 player count, this may have been the case with your rookie servers.

    Also the skill is higher with less players as your personal performance heavily impacts the output of your teams success, the more players the less so.

    Easy to "heavily disagree" when you've never played on it. Facts are turning out to prove you're opinion wrong.

    Have a nice day.
    KingKahuna[KKG]™
  • KingKahuna[KKG]™KingKahuna[KKG]™ Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9507Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 209 Fully active user
    ezekel wrote: »
    ezekel wrote: »
    bp2008 wrote: »
    KKG servers have too many player slots. Plain and simple.

    Player slots will not change. Please accept the fact, it's set to 24, and not changing. We have already tried different player slots. In fact, we changed player slots for 6 months, and the over whelming response was; people prefer the 24 slot servers. Thanks for your opinion (again), but we're not going to change it. Take a look at the 12, 14, 16, 18 slot servers in your browser. They are EMPTY. Case Closed! CHECKMATE! Next subject please.

    What I have learned about this game is this: Anyone who thinks they are good with 6/6, and can run up a high k/d ratio can't really hang with action play games. In fact, there is not a lot of action in a 6/6 game. If you want to improve your skill, you must learn to play with more bullets flying, more skulks biting, more grenades bouncing, and more Fades pouncing. We have a lot of "pro" (competitive) players that play on our 24 player servers to improve their skill level. They recognize this game will DIE another quick death, petting competitive players requests (demands), and support the over all larger player base, so they can play they game they love for a long time. My own personal opinion is, some competitive players are afraid to play on servers with higher player counts, because their hive stats ranking (which they care about so much) will decline.

    We created these servers just for you! You claim to be so good! A special server opened, and designed for the NS2 player with 500+hrs of experience. I have always placed more emphasis on the experience of a player, over k/d ratio. After all, this is a strategy game, a team game, and is very complex to learn. Of course, no one is forcing you to play. In the end, it is your choice to join.

    Heavily Disagree, players with 500+ hours definitely do not prefer a 24 player count, this may have been the case with your rookie servers.

    Also the skill is higher with less players as your personal performance heavily impacts the output of your teams success, the more players the less so.

    Easy to "heavily disagree" when you've never played on it. Facts are turning out to prove you're opinion wrong.

    Have a nice day.

    Actually you got eleven disagrees on that post majority from people who have this 'playtime count'

    And I've never played on it because it's 24 players

    Have a nice day.

    Funny, as in haha funny. None of those 11 have ever played on our servers before.

    As a playtester, it's amazing how, part of that job is to test NEW things. You simply can't do your job without trying out NEW things. For one to be "closed minded", and take the approach they already know the outcome, before even trying speaks to the quality of testing. Doesn't it?

    Just FYI - Thanks for your comment, please mediate on mine.
    KingKahuna[KKG]™
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 2,679 Advanced user
    ezekel wrote: »
    Heavily Disagree, players with 500+ hours definitely do not prefer a 24 player count, this may have been the case with your rookie servers.

    Also the skill is higher with less players as your personal performance heavily impacts the output of your teams success, the more players the less so.

    I'm not sure where you're getting this information from.. but I have over 500 hours and I only play on larger servers.

    Perhaps some people don't want their personal skill level effecting the game too much.
    KingKahuna[KKG]™
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 531 Advanced user
    I haven't pubbed much in the past year, mainly due to not having the time, or wanting to be bothered with annoying people. But in regards to 24 player servers, i tend to play on them more than any other. I haven't been on the KKG servers in a looong time ;o
    Current Team: Lucky Chams - Syknik!
    KingKahuna[KKG]™
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 1,384 Advanced user
    ezekel wrote: »
    ezekel wrote: »
    bp2008 wrote: »
    KKG servers have too many player slots. Plain and simple.

    Player slots will not change. Please accept the fact, it's set to 24, and not changing. We have already tried different player slots. In fact, we changed player slots for 6 months, and the over whelming response was; people prefer the 24 slot servers. Thanks for your opinion (again), but we're not going to change it. Take a look at the 12, 14, 16, 18 slot servers in your browser. They are EMPTY. Case Closed! CHECKMATE! Next subject please.

    What I have learned about this game is this: Anyone who thinks they are good with 6/6, and can run up a high k/d ratio can't really hang with action play games. In fact, there is not a lot of action in a 6/6 game. If you want to improve your skill, you must learn to play with more bullets flying, more skulks biting, more grenades bouncing, and more Fades pouncing. We have a lot of "pro" (competitive) players that play on our 24 player servers to improve their skill level. They recognize this game will DIE another quick death, petting competitive players requests (demands), and support the over all larger player base, so they can play they game they love for a long time. My own personal opinion is, some competitive players are afraid to play on servers with higher player counts, because their hive stats ranking (which they care about so much) will decline.

    We created these servers just for you! You claim to be so good! A special server opened, and designed for the NS2 player with 500+hrs of experience. I have always placed more emphasis on the experience of a player, over k/d ratio. After all, this is a strategy game, a team game, and is very complex to learn. Of course, no one is forcing you to play. In the end, it is your choice to join.

    Heavily Disagree, players with 500+ hours definitely do not prefer a 24 player count, this may have been the case with your rookie servers.

    Also the skill is higher with less players as your personal performance heavily impacts the output of your teams success, the more players the less so.

    Easy to "heavily disagree" when you've never played on it. Facts are turning out to prove you're opinion wrong.

    Have a nice day.

    Actually you got eleven disagrees on that post majority from people who have this 'playtime count'

    And I've never played on it because it's 24 players

    Have a nice day.

    Funny, as in haha funny. None of those 11 have ever played on our servers before.

    As a playtester, it's amazing how, part of that job is to test NEW things. You simply can't do your job without trying out NEW things. For one to be "closed minded", and take the approach they already know the outcome, before even trying speaks to the quality of testing. Doesn't it?

    Just FYI - Thanks for your comment, please mediate on mine.

    I'm not a playtester(never was - map testing was just assisting others determine balance of maps), they've probably never played on it for the same reason I posted about - it's my personal opinion and I'm disagreeing with your thought that people 'enjoy' high player-count games more on the experienced side
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow Posts: 202
    This whole fuss about player count, I think, is irrelevant and overblown. Whether you're comp or not, a pub is a pub--it's not nearly as organized as a scrim/pcw or pug no matter who's populating the server. And honestly, the difference between 18 slots vs. 24 slots seems negligible to me (blah blah something something so easy to lane block and pressure with 8 field players blah blah).

    Either way, you won't find QUALITY ns2 games no matter where you pub, but KKG's servers are the closest you'll get imo.

    When I have the time to pub, I pretty much exclusively play at KKG 250+ and 500+ now simply because the quality of games are vastly superior to every other server (on average). Nearly everyone uses their mic, and if not, they are at the very least responsive to those who do. Normally in other servers, I'm hovering around 5:1 K/D ratio just goofing off, but on KKG I'm lucky to pull a 2:1 K/D which brings a mighty good tear to my eye. 1v4 skulking won't work, and lone ranger marines will get shredded within seconds of axing a cyst deep in alien territory. I smile every time I open my map and see marines annihilating our harvesters, yet on the other side of the map we have lerks and skulks destroying their extractors: the way the game is supposed to be played, and yet only now--a year and a half after release--do I find it being played properly.

    Kudos to KingKahuna and everything he/KKG does for the community.
    #FREEEISSFELDT
    soz! < caSa > - RETIRED COMMANDER/CASTER

    2coughKingKahuna[KKG]™DrNo
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter Posts: 581 Advanced user
    As said many times in this thread, the skill level of the average player above 500 hours may not necessarily be at or near a "pro level", but I do find that when I join these servers that almost every single person inside has a microphone and uses it. that alone is what makes it worth playing in these servers over others.
    KingKahuna[KKG]™DrNo
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members Posts: 470 Advanced user
    24 player games are very different, they are very fast paced and in their own way very balanced... You may be a good fade but in a 6v6 the worst you may see is 3 SG, try 12v12 and you round the wrong corner and face 7-8 SGs BANG. Everything is faster paced and for some (myself) sacrificing some strategy for action is a good deal(though I argue NS strategy is limited to a handful of valid tactics so the loss is minimal).

    As far as 500+ AMAZING, we were playing (fade) the other day and discussing the lack of GL spam. Seems there was always 1-3 players spamming GL before occasionally snagging a skill less fade/lerk kill... On the pro server though everyone carries SG! Oh and enough can aim that makes it scary (especially when you come across 4-5) . I would prefer to die to a SG in the face then a guy spinning in circles lobbing GL.

    I won't argue that 24 is better then 12 or 18... Because in many ways they are as different as combat is...

    -Med spamming 11 players is impossible/impractical
    -arcs/turrets/whip can't be used in the same way.
    -Multiple gorge tunnels are common
    -rushes are more effective

    In general your strategy and play style MUST change, and this is where I think 6v6 people dislike large servers. You can play a flawless 6v6 strategy/game in a 12v12 server and still loss horribly because it just doesn't work.

    KingKahuna[KKG]™DrNo
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members Posts: 470 Advanced user
    I'm not suggesting aimlessly wandering into 5 + marines, but there are times in every game independent of player count where your hands may be forced to engage or lose. And in these situations having 2x the number of guns aimed in your direction pop goes the fade. Of coarse this is where team work comes in and fades don't run in alone.

    Granted if your so much better then the entire other team that you see it as more people to kill rather then more people trying to kill you... Well that's the intent of a 500 hour server.

    And the lack of individual importance to me means team work/skill is more important. As it becomes harder for individuals to carry a team.

    To take my points to the extreme, go play on that 40p server. Lol, I tried fading in that server the amount of DPS that 10-20 marines can put down a hallway is silly.

    KingKahuna[KKG]™DrNo
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester Posts: 401 Fully active user
    I can tell you this as a mid-level Div 2 competitive player and a semi normal pub player. I would much rather engage 7-8 pub level shotguns then engage just one Div 1 or Premier Div shotgun. You can't say that fades drop faster in pubs simply because of player count. I have had near flawless games in pubs and don't even have to try that hard. However, when I'm needed to fade in a scrim against a team of equal or higher skill, its way more difficult. I can't count how many times I've flashed in a scrim or pug while learning the transition from pub fade to comp fade.
    RoobubbavartijaSolidSpider
This discussion has been closed.