*NEW* Server ElitePro 500+hr

KingKahuna[KKG]™KingKahuna[KKG]™ Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9507Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
edited March 2014 in Server Discussion
Careful what you ask for!

The 250+hr Pro server has been a SMASHING hit! So, gonna try a social experiment now. WELCOME to the NEW 500+hr ElitePro server! Fill it up!

Lets frag,

KK

Comments

• PuphBallPuphBall Join Date: 2013-06-06 Member: 185488Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    ElitePro, nice touch!
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    NeXuS wrote: »
    what about guys that have over 1000 hrs? SuperElitePRO? :P

pls, make it 2000+ hours. :P
  • PuphBallPuphBall Join Date: 2013-06-06 Member: 185488Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    SUPER_SARS wrote: »

What about us humble 1000'ers?
  • StoopStoop Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2973Members
    Lol.. I'd not make 2000.. Probably only a dozen people that would play regularly that would.

1000 I would.. But I can't compete with those guys.. I suck.

-- Maclovin
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    PuphBall wrote: »

What about us humble 1000'ers?

There are rookie servers out there for a reason. lol j/k
    lol SARS I'll remember that. :P
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Who wants to play with 2000 hour pleb noobs
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    lol make a 5000+ hour server. One guy shows up... lol.
  • PoNeHPoNeH Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58801Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Tsk tsk tsk... some people need a life. lol
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited March 2014
    Seems like nice idea, however, it will attract people with large egos who never think they are wrong/bad. Hopefully admins will get rid of them!
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have to give props here to KKG. I may not have liked their servers in the past, but these hour limited servers are pretty great filter.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited March 2014
    1500h +
    Only 5 people will be able to play. :P

It would be called: Beta testers were 'ere.
    Or the NoLifeElitePRO
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    There is a diminishing return in gaining skill from hours played- If a casual gamer isn't good by 250 I doubt any more time will make a difference.

Maybe I'm just sour because I only have 370 hrs =p. Though one of your admins has threatened to kick me for being elite-pro (which I most definitely am not)...
  • KingKahuna[KKG]™KingKahuna[KKG]™ Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9507Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    bp2008 wrote: »
    KKG servers have too many player slots. Plain and simple.

Player slots will not change. Please accept the fact, it's set to 24, and not changing. We have already tried different player slots. In fact, we changed player slots for 6 months, and the over whelming response was; people prefer the 24 slot servers. Thanks for your opinion (again), but we're not going to change it. Take a look at the 12, 14, 16, 18 slot servers in your browser. They are EMPTY. Case Closed! CHECKMATE! Next subject please.

What I have learned about this game is this: Anyone who thinks they are good with 6/6, and can run up a high k/d ratio can't really hang with action play games. In fact, there is not a lot of action in a 6/6 game. If you want to improve your skill, you must learn to play with more bullets flying, more skulks biting, more grenades bouncing, and more Fades pouncing. We have a lot of "pro" (competitive) players that play on our 24 player servers to improve their skill level. They recognize this game will DIE another quick death, petting competitive players requests (demands), and support the over all larger player base, so they can play they game they love for a long time. My own personal opinion is, some competitive players are afraid to play on servers with higher player counts, because their hive stats ranking (which they care about so much) will decline.

We created these servers just for you! You claim to be so good! A special server opened, and designed for the NS2 player with 500+hrs of experience. I have always placed more emphasis on the experience of a player, over k/d ratio. After all, this is a strategy game, a team game, and is very complex to learn. Of course, no one is forcing you to play. In the end, it is your choice to join.
  • KingKahuna[KKG]™KingKahuna[KKG]™ Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9507Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    wulf wrote: »
    Though one of your admins has threatened to kick me for being elite-pro (which I most definitely am not)...

We have ban over 400 players for joining the Rookie ONLY server that have over 200+hrs. (1 was a Playtester, 4 were competitive players). The server is labeled GREEN, and Rookie ONLY, yet 400 yahoos join to pubstomp brand new players. Something is seriously wrong this this type of player! We have NEVER kicked/ban a player for any skill level, ever. Never! We do however kick/ban players for rude, disrespectful behavior, and the use of the N word gets an auto perm. ban. None is these things have anything to do with any perceived "skill".

Furthermore, if you can prove any admin has ever threaten you, or another player for what you claim, I'll be happy to remove their admin abilities, no questions asked. I'll allow you to use this thread to upload screenshots for validation.

Have a nice day,

PLEASE FORGIVE FOR THE TRIPLE POST! I DON'T WANT THIS IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO GET LOST IN PREVIOUS TWO COMMENTS

I get lots of questions about "Why can't I join the server! I have over 1000 hours in game." ANSWER: Your Steam Profile is set to PRIVATE

The mod can't determine how many hours you have played with a private steam profile, and unless you have a very high Hive Stat, or high NS2Stats ranking, it won't let you join.

So, very quick and easy solution! Take your steam profile off private before joining our servers. Wala, problem solved.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2014
    My own personal opinion is, some competitive players are afraid to play on servers with higher player counts, because their hive stats ranking (which they care about so much) will decline.
    Uh no.
    I play competitive and could care less about my hive ranking. I know the system is half broken and therefore don't care what it says. Most competitive players I know feel the same way.
    My own personal opinion is, some competitive players are afraid to play on servers with higher player counts, because their hive stats ranking (which they care about so much) will decline.
    Uh no.
    I play competitive and could care less about my hive ranking. I know the system is half broken and therefore don't care what it says. Most competitive players I know feel the same way.

Please note, I used the word "SOME". I agree with you 100% though.
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    edited March 2014
    Editing out my original question since it got answered a few posts up.

Its too bad all your servers are US based or Id be tempted to give it a go.
  • KungFuJVKungFuJV Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15167Members
    The more I play on these servers with hour filters, the less annoyed/stressed I get ingame. Never have to constantly say, look at your map!
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    1500h +

Or the NoLifeElitePRO

We'd be spread across different continents as well :D So never enough for a game :D While I have way more than enough hours for this server, I would call myself a super experienced noob. Can a player as bad as me still get in the game, as I have over 1600 hrs? Or are there additional skill based restrictions?
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    1500h +

Or the NoLifeElitePRO

We'd be spread across different continents as well :D So never enough for a game :D While I have way more than enough hours for this server, I would call myself a super experienced noob. Can a player as bad as me still get in the game, as I have over 1600 hrs? Or are there additional skill based restrictions?

We look at 3 different criteria to determine "experience". Hive Stats, NS2Stats, and Steam Profile hours. So, yes to your question.
    So basically your goal it seems is to create several "brackets"....I guess you can call them.

KKG Rookie ONLY: obvious
    KKG Rookie Friendly: 100 to 249 hours
    KKG Pro: 250 to 499 hours
    KKG ElitePro: 500+ hours

Is that kinda what you're going for or would it be okay if someone like me with 1000+ hrs to join the Pro server if the ElitePro is full?
    wulf wrote: »
    There is a diminishing return in gaining skill from hours played- If a casual gamer isn't good by 250 I doubt any more time will make a difference.
    Maybe I'm just sour because I only have 370 hrs =p.
    My advice would be to come join the comp scene if you want to learn more. I partially agree that there only so much you can learn in public games but 250 hours is nothing in a game like NS2. I started pugging and playing comp at about 300 hours or so in. The stuff you learn in such a short period of time is amazing. It can be overwhelming at first but if you stick with it, things like positioning, lane blocking, and rotating became second nature.
    So basically your goal it seems is to create several "brackets"....I guess you can call them.

KKG Rookie ONLY: obvious
    KKG Rookie Friendly: 100 to 249 hours
    KKG Pro: 250 to 499 hours
    KKG ElitePro: 500+ hours

Is that kinda what you're going for or would it be okay if someone like me with 1000+ hrs to join the Pro server if the ElitePro is full?

Of course, anyone with more than 75hrs can join any server we have, expect the Rookie Only (for obvious reasons). You can use the word "brackets" if you want, but we're not trying to segregate players in those "brackets". Our goal is to create a game where you don't have to explain strategy, or constantly say, "Press C, look at your map."

In your case for example, you might find more "competitive" public game on the 500+hr server, because of your experience. The "experience" would obviously go down from there. You'll also find more "competitive" players playing there, which give you the opportunity to sharpen your skills. What do they say? Iron sharpens, Iron.

As for the hints of a 1000+hr server; the thought has crossed my mind. Problem is, HOW many have more than 1000 hours?
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    Servers requiring 250 hours and over actually fills, or it this a joke? :o That's pretty impressive.
This discussion has been closed.