I Will Never Forget This Weekend - Natural Selection 2

2»

Comments

• bonagebonage Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162230Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    joshhh wrote: »
    If this happens, we better raise 50k instead of 30. lol

haha yeah was wondering about that when I saw the winner cheques come out - pretty sure if we made it the cheque would've had lots of zeroes... and only zeroes lol
  • zeepzeep Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3367Members
    Looks like you all had a great time.
    Couldn't catch it live but i will watch on NS2 channel.
  • GoE_NiGoE_Ni Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    as previously stated, I would for sure donate a 2nd time. Had a blast and met lots of friendly people that night.

As for financing, I'm sure we'll find a way. The people at unknown worlds basically "invented" crowdsourcing". During the event you could sell drinks and food, or even better, I could bring some swiss cheese, sell it at the event and donate the money to the cause, one smelly cheese at the time ;-)
  • AdaroAdaro Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188443Members, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    Here is the video of the Grand Final (last round) :
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think more people should definitely comment on this. For such an event it seems silly to have only 34 comments. Come on people, let them know what you think!
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited March 2014
    I ate one of those mini-cupcakes in the players' break room. They were so small, but very tasty.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2014
    Just watched the entire thing today without stopping, and big props to all who participated, especially Titus. I think they pulled out amazing wins seemingly out of nowhere by patience and persistence when it was looking really down for them and sometimes with really unfavorable K/D ratios.

That last game though... French cheese indeed! Very unfortunate.

I was skeptical this event would be as good as last year, but it seems like it was actually better.

P.S. [Mod Edit] Nipping this in the bud right here.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't see any reason to assume that a person can't be attractive just because they are involved in an online gaming community, and I also frankly don't think there's any need to discuss things like that here... It's really uncalled for
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    HeatSurge wrote: »
    P.S. [Mod Edit] Nipping this in the bud right here.
    I don't see any reason to assume that a person can't be attractive just because they are involved in an online gaming community, and I also frankly don't think there's any need to discuss things like that here... It's really uncalled for

I bet HeatSurge was commenting on the FACT that the Snails are damn-sexy-french-boys.
    Voted most-sexy-team by my 2 female companions @ the live event!
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    All french men are sexy. They have no choice in the matter. even the deformed somehow manage to look sexy.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Syknik wrote: »
    I think more people should definitely comment on this. For such an event it seems silly to have only 34 comments. Come on people, let them know what you think!

Well, there are like 4-5 threads about it, bulking with positive feedback. ;) Seems like the general consensus is that it was an awesome event all around. 11/10 would donate again. :)
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    @CCTEE‌

Did we get to meet?? Where were you?!
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    Another one would be awesome. Maybe I'll get to go and meet some peoples.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    RedDog wrote: »
    @CCTEE‌

Did we get to meet?? Where were you?!

Nah, you where busy during the event and i didnt wanna go all groupie on you.
    I then skipped the afterparty cause i had a feever. :(

Consider it another motivation to get working on NS2WC'15. :p

• SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Neoken, very true, but still in terms of how many people could have actually replied to the threads to state their opinion seemed a bit low :P But yeah everything i've seen and heard too was a 11/10 would do it again :P
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    The trouble is, in the majority, people post when something annoys them, and less when something is positive. It is why forums are whiny in general. To this end, the less posts in this topic, the better the event went :D
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    TBH, I don't see a problem with the part that was cut out of my post, because it wasn't meant to be troll/negative at all - actually quite the opposite, but whatever - I won't comment on it further.

On a similar note though, I thought the Hugnicorn was really inappropriate to the point where it made me kind of uncomfortable just watching that part, as well as the "Hodor-Godar" picture that kept popping up EVERY TIME the submissions were shown... but I guess maybe I'm all too sensitive and it's all in good fun.

Nevertheless, the games themselves and most of the event I think were really top-notch, except Godar didn't seem like they put much of a fight for whatever reason. Still, I understand they deserved to be there, maybe it was just the luck of the draw...
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    TBH, I don't see a problem with the part that was cut out of my post, because it wasn't meant to be troll/negative at all - actually quite the opposite, but whatever - I won't comment on it further.

On a similar note though, I thought the Hugnicorn was really inappropriate to the point where it made me kind of uncomfortable just watching that part, as well as the "Hodor-Godar" picture that kept popping up EVERY TIME the submissions were shown... but I guess maybe I'm all too sensitive and it's all in good fun.

Nevertheless, the games themselves and most of the event I think were really top-notch, except Godar didn't seem like they put much of a fight for whatever reason. Still, I understand they deserved to be there, maybe it was just the luck of the draw...

Well, we certainly struggled to get there, the team went through a lot of problems since season 3 ended (from top seed to 4th place), bunch of roster changes and inactivity problems... Funny thing is the team deserved to go in the past (in my opinion) but we never made it, but in our worst moment ever we did... Oh well... Next time?
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    Mendasp wrote: »

Well, we certainly struggled to get there, the team went through a lot of problems since season 3 ended (from top seed to 4th place), bunch of roster changes and inactivity problems... Funny thing is the team deserved to go in the past (in my opinion) but we never made it, but in our worst moment ever we did... Oh well... Next time?
    I'll be rocking my Godar shoulder emblems all the way to the NS2WC 2015.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    Can we remove the comments about sexy men, equalisation pls. We have rights to!