What is releasing in 27 days? Speculation thread

Comments

• ZalamaelZalamael Join Date: 2013-08-18 Member: 186949Members
    Factions as a standalone, free to play game on steam would be fantastic, both in getting new players interested in NS2 and also providing a platform to play Factions. I really enjoyed that mod, but haven't seen it being played very much.

Fingers crossed!
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Actually... wait a minute. The whole drop bears thing being a card game would make sense given Brians microtalk and his general love of card games.
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mantle and TrueAudio support: confirmed!
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Zalamael wrote: »
    Factions as a standalone, free to play game on steam would be fantastic, both in getting new players interested in NS2 and also providing a platform to play Factions. I really enjoyed that mod, but haven't seen it being played very much.

Fingers crossed!

Gorge Race standalone. With Mario Kart-ish powerups. Bile to slip on and blue homing spiky clog that hits the guy in the lead.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    THIRD RACE confirmed!
    01-My-Little-Pony.jpg
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    edited March 2014
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. Just wait for it before getting too excited. Whatever it is, it'll seem a lot better if you don't build it up in your heads.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    if its not DISCOVERY im gonna cry
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    RadimaX wrote: »

The non-existent gorge plushie will wipe up your tears.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue

Cory confirmed that discovery was not being worked on anymore.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    Soul_Rider wrote: »

What? so they just tossed in eclipse instead of DISCOVERY?!??!?!?!? does it not already have conceptart and music made for it? :(

• Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2014

What? so they just tossed in eclipse instead of DISCOVERY?!??!?!?!? does it not already have conceptart and music made for it? :(

On twitter there was some mentioning of them wanting to put the assets they made for discovery to use at some point. I would not worry too much about it.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
  • RunkiRunki Helsingborg, Sweden Join Date: 2012-12-02 Member: 173929Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Fixed taunt for skulk and onos (its just a silent stomp?)? Also shadow onos/fade?
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    edited March 2014
    Obraxis wrote: »

The non-existent gorge plushie will wipe up your tears.

Someone make them already. People are willing to drop $75-$333 on in-game pixels with a few extra goodies thrown in the mix. Going by that, gorge plushies would be out of stock by the end of day one on the market (Heck, even I would probably get one and make it into a PC hood ornament :)
  • MoFoMoFo Join Date: 2013-09-09 Member: 188047Members
    Maybe it will be an update to fix some things that are broken...

For example:

-The new force even teams vote - would be nice if it didn't crash the server so often.
    -No border windowed mode - would be nice if we could alt+tab again without it auto-minimizing
    -Onos stomp - would be nice if Onos stomp would reliably work 100% of the time

Among many other little things.
  • schuschu Join Date: 2012-08-04 Member: 154768Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    uh oh. NS2 going free-2-play in 26 days.

Well, atleast more people will be playing the game now....i hope
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Why there is still a discussion going on is beyond me. it's obvious that people of higher knowledge and authority have leaked that it's a hughnicorn costume. gosh.

Also, everyone's been re-assigned to deep-sea research projects (aka diving, but that's just silly) So nobody is in office long enough to actually make an update on ns2! ...what?
  • GeekavengerGeekavenger Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157117Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    NS2 Crush Saga: the new mobile game from UWE
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    Why there is still a discussion going on is beyond me. it's obvious that people of higher knowledge and authority have leaked that it's a hughnicorn costume. gosh.

Also, everyone's been re-assigned to deep-sea research projects (aka diving, but that's just silly) So nobody is in office long enough to actually make an update on ns2! ...what?

You know....there's a madness to your genius.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    Performance increase patch
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I think it will probably be the balance change patch that was left out of 263 because of the NS2WC. I expect to see the changes that were mooted around before the patch was released in an edited state. Hopefully a few 263 bug fixes as well :D
  • jostoljostol Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166659Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    At the moment there are no plans to work on Discovery, unfortunately.
    Benson wrote: »
    If the map itself is not going to be worked on, were there any new assets created for it before the worked stopped?

I sure the mappers would love to get ahold of any new assets they can :D
    There are some assets, yes. We may still have some use for them, though.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for Discovery, although those posts are a whole 3 months old, so they could have changed their minds, but I doubt it.
    nezz wrote: »
    Performance increase patch
    Everyone would enjoy that.
    I wouldn't hold out much hope for Discovery, although those posts are a whole 3 months old, so they could have changed their minds, but I doubt it.
    Like I mentioned earlier, there is pretty good chance the assetts may see reuse elsewhere in someway. Not sure what or how, but, I would expect it.
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    UnknownWorlds most secret project: B.U.S.
  • craZyfxcraZyfx Austria Join Date: 2014-01-20 Member: 193350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Onos Xenocide dealing 1000 damage.
  • GeekavengerGeekavenger Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157117Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    craZyfx wrote: »
    Onos Xenocide dealing 1000 damage.

I am picturing a miniature mushroom cloud of alien guts when it happens! I realize this would be a big waste res if it were real but I kind of want this to happen now.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    There is already a mod some NA servers have for Onoscide. It's pretty funny.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    *bites lip*

I love reading the wild guesses whenever stuff like this happens.. but you guys aren't going out to left field enough ;)
    tumblr_inline_mrwhqtavEn1qz4rgp.gif