Redeem In-Game Badges - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• Dean478Dean478 Join Date: 2009-01-12 Member: 66050Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    I can't seem to find/redeem my constellation badge I bought years ago. This is the same Steam account and the same Forum account. I cannot redeem it or anything...
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    I'd like the option to hide some of my badges
  • GigzorGigzor Singapore Join Date: 2013-11-19 Member: 189460Members
    Can't connect my steam account as it keeps logging me out instantly when I try to click on the "connect with steam" link
  • ruenarosruenaros Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188457Members, Constellation
    My constellation badge is not showing up either, I'm using same account as I was back then :(
  • James1James1 Join Date: 2004-07-25 Member: 30130Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    edited January 2014
    Neither my constellation badge nor my Reinforced badge are showing after being linked to my Steam account. I am also using the same forum account I registered in 2004 and I know I had donated (My signature remains untouched from back in the day!)

Any suggestions?

Edit: PM'd AceDude!
  • ruenarosruenaros Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188457Members, Constellation
    edited March 2014
    I guess we're hosed. I am also using my original steam account (which is constellation flagged in NS1 but not NS2).

update: AceDude is a hero. He fixed my badge! It was associated with an old NS1 forum account I had forgotten about.
  • inveigleinveigle Join Date: 2004-01-07 Member: 25117Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited February 2014
    Wish I still got that constellation badge. Donated back on the 9th anniversary and before the official cutoff date.

I got a gift copy of ns2 instead..but eh.
    ruenaros wrote: »
    I guess we're hosed. I am also using my original steam account (which is constellation flagged in NS1 but not NS2).
    Same here, I was a supporter but my constellation badge has never shown up. :(
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Dean478 wrote: »
    I can't seem to find/redeem my constellation badge I bought years ago. This is the same Steam account and the same Forum account. I cannot redeem it or anything...
    @Dean478
    The constilation program was for NS1 (the HL1 Mod) You sure, you just didnt preorder (free upgrade to deluxe +free game key).
    If not, email charlie whit the email address used when donating and a date of your donation (as close to it as posible).

• 12yanr12yanr florida Join Date: 2013-12-21 Member: 190437Members
    I had my rookie badge from steam yesterday, I upgraded to sanji survivor and my rookie badge disappeared, however I did not get a sanji either. Now I have lvl 5 and foil badge and neither will show.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    12yanr wrote: »
    I had my rookie badge from steam yesterday, I upgraded to sanji survivor and my rookie badge disappeared, however I did not get a sanji either. Now I have lvl 5 and foil badge and neither will show.

Only some servers support those badges (through a mod). They are not supported in any way by UWE or the Hive.
  • Dean478Dean478 Join Date: 2009-01-12 Member: 66050Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    GISP wrote: »
    Dean478 wrote: »
    @Dean478
    The constilation program was for NS1 (the HL1 Mod) You sure, you just didnt preorder (free upgrade to deluxe +free game key).
    If not, email charlie whit the email address used when donating and a date of your donation (as close to it as posible).

This might be where it gets difficult. I definitely donated back in the day. The e-mail address could be one of 3 that I used to use. I still can probably gain access to it. This is still the same Steam account however. That hasn't changed. And the username/forum account should still be this one.

I do have access to the PayPal/Bank Account that made the donation. And the donation I'm quite sure was towards the end of the original program.

• PetrellPetrell Sweden Join Date: 2014-05-10 Member: 195959Members
    I cant redeem my badges to account, I have activated the account with steam. How come it doesnt work?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2014
    Petrell wrote: »
    I cant redeem my badges to account, I have activated the account with steam. How come it doesnt work?

You have to link your badge to your forum account and then link your forum account to your steam account via hive. For more questions please open a thread in the tech support ;)
  • PetrellPetrell Sweden Join Date: 2014-05-10 Member: 195959Members
    Well i got it to work now so great! :) thx for answer!
  • flambyflamby France Join Date: 2014-07-02 Member: 197174Members
    edited August 2014
    Hi,
    I was constie in NS1, but I can't find the badge in NS2, althought I followed the instructions in this page. Could you help me please ?

EDIT : Nevermind, I logged into my old forum account ("shoutman") and found my constie badge :)
  • shoutmanshoutman Join Date: 2005-01-12 Member: 35103Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    edited August 2014
    Hi,
    Now that I am collecting badges, could somebody tell me if Reinforcement and Constellation badges are still exclusive, or if I can have both in-game ?
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    shoutman wrote: »
    Hi,
    Now that I am collecting badges, could somebody tell me if Reinforcement and Constellation badges are still exclusive, or if I can have both in-game ?

Both badges will appear, actually you can get a maximum of 3 badges near your nickname on the ingame scoreboard. I just notice you have Constellation badge on the forums there so if you purchase any pack of Reinforcement program, you should be able to wear all your badges ingame. Constellation + whatever Reinforced badge (Supporter, Silver, Shadow, etc). Constellation = contributor from NS1. Reinforced = contributor on NS2.
  • shoutmanshoutman Join Date: 2005-01-12 Member: 35103Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
  • STRYDERSTRYDER Join Date: 2011-11-16 Member: 133318Members
    edited October 2014
    I haven't played that long and im wondering what options I have to have badges- am I able to earn any close to my skill level and how does that work? also what ones can I buy and where can I buy them exactly? also how do I change my profile name on this- it is actually STRYDER, cant find the setting anywhere
    Spudman wrote: »
    I haven't played that long and im wondering what options I have to have badges- am I able to earn any close to my skill level and how does that work? also what ones can I buy and where can I buy them exactly? also how do I change my profile name on this- it is actually STRYDER, cant find the setting anywhere
    Hi,

Badges are not earned by any ingame actions ( beside the commander badge ). All other badges are a rewards for supporting the ns2 community in some way.

You can find a list of all badges and what they stand for here:
    Just look into ns2/ui/badges to see them all:

ranks-s4909a3ca03.png

Descriptions ( after order top to button ) :

1.CDT Dev
    Info: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/134843/announcing-the-community-development-team-build-266-and-possibly-beyond

2. Constilation NS1 Donation Programm (kinda donations for ns2)

3. Retired UWE Dev
    4. UWE Dev

5. Map testers
    6. NS1 Playtester
    7. NS2 Playtester

8. Marine unused
    9. Clawmark unused

10. Reinforcement Diamond
    11. Reinforcement Game Director
    12. Reinforcement Gold
    13. Reinforcement Insider
    14. Reinforcement Onus
    15. Reinforcement Shadow
    16. Reinforcement Silver
    17. Reinforcement Blue
    For more Infos about the Reinforcement Programm look here: http://www.naturalselection2.com/reinforced/

18. Squad 5 Blue
    19. Squad 5 Silver
    20. Squad 5 Gold
    For infos about squad 5 look at this: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/118047/welcome-to-squad-five/p1

21. Wrench unused (used by some servers to mark admins and by ensl to mark refferees via badge mod but official unused)

22. WC Gold
    23. WC Shadow
    24. WC Silver
    25. WC Supporter
    For more infos about the World Championship Badges look here: http://www.gofundme.com/ns2worldchampionship

• LaPalidaLaPalida Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31182Members, Constellation
    I had a constellation badge a long time ago in NS1 but it disappeared for some reason once and you guys fixed it for me. I haven't played NS1 for a while and now started to play NS2 and found out that you can get that badge displayed however it's not showing up. How do I go about getting it back?
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    LaPalida wrote: »
    I had a constellation badge a long time ago in NS1 but it disappeared for some reason once and you guys fixed it for me. I haven't played NS1 for a while and now started to play NS2 and found out that you can get that badge displayed however it's not showing up. How do I go about getting it back?

I guess it would be a case off PM'ing an admin on the forums and they can take it from there @ironhorse maybe able to help with this, as they may need more information, or not.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    LaPalida wrote: »

I guess it would be a case off PM'ing an admin on the forums and they can take it from there @ironhorse maybe able to help with this, as they may need more information, or not.

Like, did you keep your receipt :smiley:
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    It's all about that receipt. If you had a then semi-elusive gmail invite it's no problem :)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2015
    @LaPalida

If you can show me any evidence at all of you once having it, like an email or a screenshot that's tied to a steam ID or an old forum account that shows it (I don't see it ever being applied to your account in the UWE forums, dating back to 2004) - then I can do it for you.
    edited November 2015
    That might be haaaard to get. I don't know what email I used at that time. I know I had it and I had to request to get it back once in the past as well as it got lost after some update. I'll try to dig up some evidence. I think I went through a bunch of computers since then... so screenshots pre-cloud days might be hard to come by ^^
    edited November 2015
    Bleh... searched all my emails and none of them go past 2007 :S not a chance getting that back at this point. Also as I recall the website and forums were different... before you guys went with this site. I'm pretty sure I requested it back in those forums... and I don't know if you kept the database. Maybe I requested it by email, I don't remember... it was more than 10 years ago lol.
    Is it possible to still log into NS1 and see if the badge is displayed in-game? I used to have that next to my name.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hmm correct me if i am wrong, but i think the Auth server that checks for that, was taken offline? so no, you wont be able to see it in NS1.
    Bah! I give up. I'm out of ideas :/