Badges? lv up?

G_LerkG_Lerk Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197532Members
How do i earn them in and out of game, and how do I lv up?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2014
    Hi,

Badges are not earned by any ingame actions ( beside the commander badge ). All other badges are a rewards for supporting the ns2 community in some way.

You can find a list of all badges and what they stand for here:
    Just look into ns2/ui/badges to see them all:

ranks-s4909a3ca03.png

Descriptions ( after order top to button ) :

1.CDT Dev
    Info: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/134843/announcing-the-community-development-team-build-266-and-possibly-beyond

2. Constilation NS1 Donation Programm (kinda donations for ns2)

3. Retired UWE Dev
    4. UWE Dev

5. Map testers
    6. NS1 Playtester
    7. NS2 Playtester

8. Marine unused
    9. Clawmark unused

10. Reinforcement Diamond
    11. Reinforcement Game Director
    12. Reinforcement Gold
    13. Reinforcement Insider
    14. Reinforcement Onus
    15. Reinforcement Shadow
    16. Reinforcement Silver
    17. Reinforcement Blue
    For more Infos about the Reinforcement Programm look here: http://www.naturalselection2.com/reinforced/

18. Squad 5 Blue
    19. Squad 5 Silver
    20. Squad 5 Gold
    For infos about squad 5 look at this: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/118047/welcome-to-squad-five/p1

21. Wrench unused (used by some servers to mark admins and by ensl to mark refferees via badge mod but official unused)

22. WC Gold
    23. WC Shadow
    24. WC Silver
    25. WC Supporter
    For more infos about the World Championship Badges look here: http://www.gofundme.com/ns2worldchampionship

• CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    And for the record, the Commander Badge is 10 hours of winning on comander or 20 hours playing comm overall (I think? These things change without much notification so i'm not sure)

Be sure to register your account on the hive.
    http://hive.naturalselection2.com/
  • G_LerkG_Lerk Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197532Members
    edited July 2014
    Calego wrote: »
    And for the record, the Commander Badge is 10 hours of winning on comander or 20 hours playing comm overall (I think? These things change without much notification so i'm not sure)

Be sure to register your account on the hive.
    http://hive.naturalselection2.com/

i already did, but thanks! you too @GhoulofGSG9! :)
    also how do u level up in-game?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    G_Lerk wrote: »

The level you see is pretty much meaningless, but if you still care, I beleive it is tied mostly to time played. Ghoul could specify far more.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    james888 wrote: »

The level you see is pretty much meaningless, but if you still care, I beleive it is tied mostly to time played. Ghoul could specify far more.

Afaik the level is based on your total score points. So yeah it's just shows how much you activly played ns2 like in othergames like e.g. battlefield.

Unlike those other games there are no rewards you unlock with a certain level in ns2.

Afaik the level is based on your total score points. So yeah it's just shows how much you activly played ns2 like in othergames like e.g. battlefield.

Unlike those other games there are no rewards you unlock with a certain level in ns2.

what about combat mode? also how many points do i need for each lvl? and are the pts that are for lvling up on the hive or on here?
    edited July 2014

what about combat mode? also how many points do i need for each lvl? and are the pts that are for lvling up on the hive or on here?

Combat Mode (which is a ns2 gamemode mod):

In the combat mod you lvl up via score points yougain in the currently ongoing round. But a combat servers as mostly all other gamemode mods servers are not whitelisted for hive they don't count towards the hive stats.

And therefor don't increase your hive level.

Tbh i have no exact idea what the scores you need for the given lvls but you can guess the gaps between levels using http://hive.naturalselection2.com/rank/score and looking at the differences between two different levels player.

But as the hive level doesn't really matters for anything else than that it is nice to show it off to other ppl, noone really cares about it.
    So i would not play ns2 just to increase my hive level.

You play ns2 to have fun, to meet nice ppl from all around the world and to improve your skill. That by this your hive level may increase slightly is just a nice to have.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    The level basically indicates your playtime in NS2. Anyway when patch 267 comes, the skill system will have changed completly. You will increase your skill only by winning games against better opponents as far as I understood. @GhoulofGSG9 can elaborate on that, as he implemented the changes.

Combat Mode (which is a ns2 gamemode mod):

In the combat mod you lvl up via score points yougain in the currently ongoing round. But a combat servers as mostly all other gamemode mods servers are not whitelisted for hive they don't count towards the hive stats.

And therefor don't increase your hive level.

Tbh i have no exact idea what the scores you need for the given lvls but you can guess the gaps between levels using http://hive.naturalselection2.com/rank/score and looking at the differences between two different levels player.

But as the hive level doesn't really matters for anything else than that it is nice to show it off to other ppl, noone really cares about it.
    So i would not play ns2 just to increase my hive level.

You play ns2 to have fun, to meet nice ppl from all around the world and to improve your skill. That by this your hive level may increase slightly is just a nice to have.

well i play it to have fun, i only knew about it since last week
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    The level basically indicates your playtime in NS2. Anyway when patch 267 comes, the skill system will have changed completly. You will increase your skill only by winning games against better opponents as far as I understood. @GhoulofGSG9 can elaborate on that, as he implemented the changes.

when is that? i am looking forward to it. will it include a fix for the lagging during respawn or during attacking?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also look here: https://twitter.com/NS2CDT It should be coming very soon.
    when is that? i am looking forward to it. will it include a fix for the lagging during respawn or during attacking?
    Mostlikely addressed in Part 2 yes:
    267: FPS quality, part 1: Texture streaming
    267: FPS quality, part 2: Files and the critical path
    267 : Physics Multithreading
    Also look here: https://twitter.com/NS2CDT It should be coming very soon.
    Mostlikely addressed in Part 2 yes:
    267: FPS quality, part 1: Texture streaming
    267: FPS quality, part 2: Files and the critical path
    267 : Physics Multithreading

I like both of those links, thx guys :) also do u have any tricks to aiming as a marine and dodging/stalking as an alien
    I like both of those links, thx guys :) also do u have any tricks to aiming as a marine and dodging/stalking as an alien
    There's tons of good tutorials on youtube. E.g. Supereffective's Skulk tutorial: youtube.com/watch?v=fmBRGJd0xxs
    The dmg data and stats might be off by now but the general idea behind it still holds.

Also get another Alien Vision like Uke's Alien Vision

There's tons of good tutorials on youtube. E.g. Supereffective's Skulk tutorial: youtube.com/watch?v=fmBRGJd0xxs
    The dmg data and stats might be off by now but the general idea behind it still holds.

Also get another Alien Vision like Uke's Alien Vision

i already found 1 i like, i combine Alien Vision Reloaded and Alien Vision 1.1 mods and it works, but ill try that one too
    I can not tell you how to aim because that is raw skill and takes lots of practice. What will help you is positioning yourself as far from where the alien(skulk) will be coming from; this is so you have the most possible time to land shots.

The tutorials on youtube can probably show you better than I can say, but as skulk I can give a few simple tips. First of all, do you know how to wall jump? If not you really need to know. You jump off of walls in succession to gain a significant speed boost. On stalking a marine you either ambush or rush him. An ambush is simple where you just wait till he is close and drop down bite dodge bite dodge bite. Rushing is where you run as fast as you can, while dodging if needed, up to the marine to bite him.
    Dodging is all about being spastic and unpredictable. Move in a way that the marine can not predict where you will go next. Also, run behind cover a lot because that makes marines waste bullets etc.
  • Mr H-KMr H-K Join Date: 2010-01-18 Member: 70199Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Just saw this post and thought "Am I missing a badge?" I bought ns2 in it's alpha stages (black/deluxe armour) and played NS1 like a beaver ravaging trees in a forest, so I'm wondering if there should be a badge for those who bought ns2 in the alpha stage? If so, I'm missing it. And quite frankly, I feel a bit left out :(
    Mr H-K wrote: »
    Just saw this post and thought "Am I missing a badge?" I bought ns2 in it's alpha stages (black/deluxe armour) and played NS1 like a beaver ravaging trees in a forest, so I'm wondering if there should be a badge for those who bought ns2 in the alpha stage? If so, I'm missing it. And quite frankly, I feel a bit left out :(

People which preordered ns2 got the black amor + the deluxe edition. But no badge. So you don't miss any badge ;)
    Gutted :( But thanks for replying!
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Something a bit weird for these people when we know there's an appropriate badge that could be used in the Hive. http://hive.naturalselection2.com/template/images/badges.png Personally, I don't have this Black Armor or something 'cause I was not here during alpha, so bad... But I agree that could be frustrating.
  • Mr_ChainsawMr_Chainsaw Join Date: 2014-08-13 Member: 197946Members
    I have also seen a badge with a pistol sometimes.
    Pelargir wrote: »
    Something a bit weird for these people when we know there's an appropriate badge that could be used in the Hive. http://hive.naturalselection2.com/template/images/badges.png Personally, I don't have this Black Armor or something 'cause I was not here during alpha, so bad... But I agree that could be frustrating.

I agree. GhoulOfGSG9 said in a previous post, if you scroll up, that badges are awarded to people who support the NS2 community. Haven't the people who pre-ordered the game during alpha stage, thus aiding in the ability to develop the game, contributed in some way? It's quite bizarre.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    I have also seen a badge with a pistol sometimes.

Actually, this is not a pistol but the pax badge. Here's on Google the big resolution of the badge. It doesn't appear on the Hive, as far as I know, it uses a different system to work.
    Mr H-K wrote: »
    I agree. GhoulOfGSG9 said in a previous post, if you scroll up, that badges are awarded to people who support the NS2 community. Haven't the people who pre-ordered the game during alpha stage, thus aiding in the ability to develop the game, contributed in some way? It's quite bizarre.

I guess it was intended by UWE before CDT be in charge of NS2 updates & all that stuff. I'm pretty sure they created this badge to give it to pre-purchasers but the idea has been abandoned. I'm 100% convinced CDT won't change its mind about badges. Do you even know there are other badges not used at all on the previous link I wrote? Like the 2 claws (no idea what it means) & the blue key (that was used by NSL), I guess those badges had a purpose when UWE made them. Now, they are forsaken & even if it could be easy to give a role to these, i'm sure they won't be added ingame.
    True. At the end of the day it's aesthetics, but it would've been nice.
  • lifesfunlifesfun Join Date: 2011-02-24 Member: 83302Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    Agreed on Testing Alpha and Beta Badge!

My ideas for some badges and achievements are:

Base a achievement on playing with each role: skulk, alien, jetpack, welder, or just playing on the aliens. (Tf2 inspired )

Maybe a Badge to for playing the game 100 hours? Kinda like the commander Badge it shows you have more experience then a rookie.

Of course this leaves me to another tangent, the Server Browser Based skills need a bit more information. At the moment they all show the same icon due to mine and many others skills being too high. I wish I could just see which one had the highest amount of skill vs the others. :D This would help with the stack as well :p

Higher skill players can find higher skilled players :D
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    You get the black armor, tho. That's much cooler than a badge! Only thing my badges say about me (aside from comm badge) is that I've donated, but people often think it's something I've earned. Also, these badges (comm, reinforcement, wc, pt, etc) weren't around during alpha/beta, so you get what was available at the time - sweet, luscious, black armor!

I don't think you should feel excluded! Your black armor is much cooler.
    2cough wrote: »
    You get the black armor, tho. That's much cooler than a badge! Only thing my badges say about me (aside from comm badge) is that I've donated, but people often think it's something I've earned. Also, these badges (comm, reinforcement, wc, pt, etc) weren't around during alpha/beta, so you get what was available at the time - sweet, luscious, black armor!

I don't think you should feel excluded! Your black armor is much cooler.
    I would trade my shadow badge for black armor.
    The black armour certainly is awesome. I love it with the addition of the decal from Gold Reinforced. Omnomnomnom.

I personally think overall, it's all fair. Would've been nice to get a tasty badge, but the armour itself is a reflection of the support given at that time. And it's cool. The reinforced armour looks awesome too as well as the Shadow Skulk. It's pretty sweet.