I Will Never Forget This Weekend - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited February 2014 in NS2 General Discussion

imageI Will Never Forget This Weekend - Natural Selection 2

The words of alCalDe sum up the Natural Selection 2 World Championship for countless others. A superlative event, consisting of amazing players, tireless volunteers, memorable moments and transcending even the considerable the sum of those parts. The Legendary Snails walked home to France with $5,000 prize money, Titus Gaming to North America with $2,500. Godar and Saunamen departed with honour and the respect of their opponents and every spectator. But these rewards were secondary, as the greatest rewards were undoubtedly the sense of comraderie and community that the event instilled in everyone that came close to it. The Natural Selection 2 World Championship was a ballet of intricate components: Players, casters, video creators, producers, camera operators, hosts, live audience, developers, …

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open comment thread!
  • ExplosifBeExplosifBe Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58284Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Gotta do it again, way too much fun! And seeing everybody I met thanks to this game (and NS1) is a fantastic experience!
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    We definitely have to do this again, I had a great time but I didn't get to talk to all the people that I wanted to. Repeat required!
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Wait. If you already show a picture of the interview with Gisp, why not with an awesome Hughnicorn in the background? (I didn't mix up the interviews here, did I?)
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So what's the status on the next balance patch? I had heard that it was being held off until after the tournament, should we expect something in the coming weeks?
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I wonder what further positive effect this event will have. The revenue gained from it + another 60% off on steam sales, I hope 1 or 2 new players find NS2. Longterm players I mean...
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    So what's the status on the next balance patch? I had heard that it was being held off until after the tournament, should we expect something in the coming weeks?

PLS

Great games everyone, really enjoyed going.. despite my flight being delayed and being stuck in Houston for a day 8-|

GGWP Sauna & Snails!
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Wait. If you already show a picture of the interview with Gisp, why not with an awesome Hughnicorn in the background? (I didn't mix up the interviews here, did I?)

@F0rdPrefect - You did, it was the interview with Obraxis that had the Hughnicorn....

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I think its definitely worth a shot in 2015
  • ExplosifBeExplosifBe Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58284Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    I think its definitely worth a shot in 2015
    2015? Way too late! Gotta meet everybody again in like 2 weeks!
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited February 2014
    Something like that. It shouldn't be too long. *knocks on wood*
  • VenatosVenatos Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149762Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    awesome event! couldnt watch it live because of a birthdayparty, but got home at 3am and watched the recording in one sitting!
    realy didnt expect that level of quality when i donated > you guys rock!
    2015? ill double my donation!
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    If the events continue to be run at the quality it was at this time I believe everyone and their mothers would be wanting to donate and make sure that it is a reoccurring event for NS2. It was an amazing experience and I don't know of anyone who has any major complaints about the event. It was amazing and the whole 4 teams to Germany/wherever was HUGE success and needs to continue that way. #NS2WC2015
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Next time, aus is bringing a team damnit!
  • MalGanis2MalGanis2 Join Date: 2009-07-17 Member: 68174Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    +1 for a NS2WC 2015, I'll be there next time.

P.S: Little (friendly) critique to Hugh: I think you should have chosen different people to interview in between rounds, I felt they were kind of random people, I believe most people would have loved an interview to Jaivol :OOO
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    Next time, aus is bringing a team damnit!

If this happens, we better raise 50k instead of 30. lol
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i cant see the pwetty pictures :(
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    CCTEE wrote: »
    i cant see the pwetty pictures :(

Nor me :(
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Soul_Rider wrote: »

@F0rdPrefect - You did, it was the interview with Obraxis that had the Hughnicorn....

Damn! So why is this a picture of the interview with gisp and not with obraxis?
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    We all know you secretly hate it hugh, +1 for you for playing along so nicely :) (i myself prefer the 80s aerobic dance video, but hey, to each his own!)
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Agreed. +1 for @Hugh for going along with this.
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    WasabiOne wrote: »
    I thought we could also sell a 12mo calendar of the Hughnicorn to raise money, no?

12 months of Hugh in provocative Hughnicorn poses? The next one would be funded just on that alone...
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Asraniel wrote: »
    We all know you secretly hate it hugh, +1 for you for playing along so nicely :) (i myself prefer the 80s aerobic dance video, but hey, to each his own!)

Hugh is an Aussie, so we can take a joke. Its bloody hilarious (nice one).
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Would pay $100 for a 12 month hunicorn calender!