Been seeing a new badge in game

Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited March 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
I have been seeing a new badge in game and I dont know what it is for. So do any of you guys know what it is. . . . . And how to get it :3 ? (Got it now)
79MTs.jpg

Comments

• aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I think that used to be the NS1 dev icon. Could be a custom badge on the server you were playing on too.
  • skulkgatoskulkgato Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183645Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited February 2014
    No no no shhhhhh... Don't be telling everyone how to get it.
    Need to use one of those "Men In Black" date rape pens on you all now.
    If you Com on a Hive server for a bit of hours you will find yourself with one of these.
  • Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    That's a commander badge. You get it by being an experienced com on servers running Hive. No idea why it was removed from the changelog...
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    if you loose the game, you need more hours to get it by the way. i think its 5 hours of winning or 10 hours of loosing. i dont think you can "grind", you will just be ejected
  • jostoljostol Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166659Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm grinding for my badge and my NS2 hive skill has fallen from 400-440 skill to <100 lol. Not commander friendly!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Yup, command a decent amount and you'll get that special badge. Time for more people to learn to command! :D
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    The skill system is still being reworked so that commanders also get skill, ignore the skill value for the moment
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've spent many, many hours commanding and I don't have that badge... I guess I don't play enough on Hive servers?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    I've spent many, many hours commanding and I don't have that badge... I guess I don't play enough on Hive servers?

And also only time after the release of 263 counts ;)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    How do you recognize Hive servers, anyway? Is there some thing as mod whitelist? Do I have to start playing on UWE servers now?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    How do you recognize Hive servers, anyway? Is there some thing as mod whitelist? Do I have to start playing on UWE servers now?

Don't tell me you haven't seen the whitelist yet: http://hive.naturalselection2.com/servers/whitelist

Otherwise little rule to go: Servers without any mods or servers with ns2stats are reporting to hive ;)
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    can we have a hive for comming aliens alot?
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I haven't gotten it yet, broken.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    If someone has it already, it requires way too little hours.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have only seen it in game on this skulk hogan guy.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver

Don't tell me you haven't seen the whitelist yet: http://hive.naturalselection2.com/servers/whitelist

Otherwise little rule to go: Servers without any mods or servers with ns2stats are reporting to hive ;)

Nope, haven't :P

james888 wrote: »

I see it EVERYWHERE
    I think the idea is not to have something super rare, but just a badge that says "this person already commanded enough to know what he is doing", and give a little incentive for people to actually try out commanding.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Ya which is why a bronze badge would tell ya that and a golden badge would be the super rare for dem nerdy achievement desires. Win/win with only the cost of recoloring.
  • jostoljostol Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166659Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is it number of victories? Hours spent in a commander seat? Only a full 12v12 game? I can't find any documentation about it anywhere at all. Doesn't help that games on UWE official servers don't seem to be showing up on my hive stats either.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

Nope, haven't :P

james888 wrote: »

I see it EVERYWHERE

Your in Euroland, NA west coast it must be rarer.

I don't like this badge. Besides giving people a slight incentive to command, I see it more as a marker to who knows how to command. "Hey look, Nordic, you know how to command. Please command. Please. Please. Please." Some nights I just don't want to command.
    buy one more badge then you can hide the commander badge on hive :)
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    More annoying that it is not retroactive. Blehhhhhhhhh.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Anything that helps getting a commander sooner is a good thing, open to abuse by farmers...? Spent serious amount of time in the hive/chair and now starting again... so currently its a meaningless to me.
  • DolphinKingDolphinKing Belgium Join Date: 2013-12-14 Member: 190080Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    so to get the badge,?? what do you need to do??
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @DolphinKing‌
    Command 10 hours and win those games.
    Or..
    Command 20 hours (or 30? cant recall) and lose those games.

Basically its time spent commanding.. winning just gets you there faster, as an incentive. (as if you needed one to tell at those minions!)
    Also, someone teach the OP about the crop tool...
  • DolphinKingDolphinKing Belgium Join Date: 2013-12-14 Member: 190080Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    well just command until you have it??
    thnx ironhorse
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Also, someone teach the OP about the crop tool...
    Classic Ironhorse!