marine jump energy

124»

Comments

• hakenspithakenspit Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75300Members
    @Roobubba
    And when do these new players know that they can venture into your "protected non rookie" servers?
    How are they meant to learn all the positioning that is crucial or how to actually play any of the alien lifeforms?

Sorry but if you dont want to play with "rookie" players then you wont have anyone to play with before long.

Sorry but the training (aka playing with) new players is part and parcel of being involved in the community, if you dont like doing that then you dont like helping the community grow.

Ppl have put up suggestions for reducing the gap between top and crap...but they are shouted down, which means those green players you play with are all teh more greener and more of a handicap for their side.
    This does not help anyone's game experience out.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    hakenspit wrote: »
    @Roobubba
    And when do these new players know that they can venture into your "protected non rookie" servers?
    How are they meant to learn all the positioning that is crucial or how to actually play any of the alien lifeforms?

Sorry but if you dont want to play with "rookie" players then you wont have anyone to play with before long.

Sorry but the training (aka playing with) new players is part and parcel of being involved in the community, if you dont like doing that then you dont like helping the community grow.

Ppl have put up suggestions for reducing the gap between top and crap...but they are shouted down, which means those green players you play with are all teh more greener and more of a handicap for their side.
    This does not help anyone's game experience out.

Sigh, reading - it's so tough.

As I said in my previous post, I have done my fair share of rookie training, and continue to mix it up on occasion even now, 1000h+ into the game.

My gripe is with rookies, most of whom are still green (seriously, 4 h game time is NOTHING in this game) en masse in servers which are specifically not rookie friendly and which tell green players to go elsewhere. There are very few of these servers. When I'm on a normal pub server, then fine yes I'll try to help out and be more patient, but on the last bastion of non-green, the tiny corner of the NS2 universe where you might expect to get a good (public) game with fairly experienced players, I think it's only fair to expect more of your teammates than shooting the floor, never welding, building the extractor before the power, and so on. Just on this very small subset of servers, I do not think I should have to spend my time telling people how not to be complete cretins.
    If you think that's unreasonable, then quite frankly you're deluded and ridiculous. What you're then saying is that on every single publicly open server, the less experienced players have the sole right to enjoyment through play, and that experienced players must always teach and train, rather than play the game.
    Surely you're not saying this. Right?
  • KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
    Roobubba wrote: »
    What you're then saying i... strawman strawman strawman strawman strawman strawman strawman strawman strawman strawman strawman strawman
    FTFY.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Khyron wrote: »
    What you're then saying i... strawman strawman strawman strawman strawman strawman strawman strawman strawman strawman strawman strawman
    FTFY.

No it isn't, don't be obtuse.
  • KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
    You're right. It's more reductio ad absurdum.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    First we were talking about marine jump energy, now we are talking about rookies and how to treat them. I would be amazed, but then again, this is the internet, right?

Now it's true that rookies should go in rookie-friendly servers, and while these 2 separate kinds of servers is a system I don't agree with, it's there, and rookies should follow it. What annoys me the most is when a few ppl on the rookie-friendly servers start shunning rookies. While it's still wrong to act mean to rookies anywhere (you should at least first explain/ask them to leave politely on non-rookie servers), when people do it on the rookie-friendly servers, you look like a complete moron.
    Khyron wrote: »
    You're right. It's more reductio ad absurdum.

Oh yes, so it is. Except, wait... no, it isn't.
    coolitic wrote: »
    First we were talking about marine jump energy, now we are talking about rookies and how to treat them. I would be amazed, but then again, this is the internet, right?

Now it's true that rookies should go in rookie-friendly servers, and while these 2 separate kinds of servers is a system I don't agree with, it's there, and rookies should follow it. What annoys me the most is when a few ppl on the rookie-friendly servers start shunning rookies. While it's still wrong to act mean to rookies anywhere (you should at least first explain/ask them to leave politely on non-rookie servers), when people do it on the rookie-friendly servers, you look like a complete moron.

I actually agree with something you said, coolitic. Have a special agree badge :)