Stacking?

12346»

Comments

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I call your Ground Lerk and raise you one Taunting Jesus Lerk.

Your move sir...
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    joshhh wrote: »
    I call your Ground Lerk and raise you one Taunting Jesus Lerk.

Your move sir...
    Taunting Jesus Lerk is without doubt a pr0 strat, but it's rather difficult (TM) to spike down marines when you're pointing at the ceiling...
    I've yet to persuade my fellow occasional trolls to do a parasite only game. You would need about 6 or 7 skulks parasiting the same target to really focus them down to make it work, but I reckon it's a goer. :)
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    We did that once recently in an especially special server 75% of my team went para only. We had warehouse spawn and we actually held logistics for a good 2-3 minutes with 4-5 skulks paracitng marines keeping them out. We held ground pretty good.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    current1y wrote: »
    We did that once recently in an especially special server 75% of my team went para only. We had warehouse spawn and we actually held logistics for a good 2-3 minutes with 4-5 skulks paracitng marines keeping them out. We held ground pretty good.

a single medpack probably woulda wrecked your game :)
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Oh make no mistake we lost terribly. I was comm and literally had the entire map cysted (didn't drop any rts) and like 4 min in locklear comes in and ruins everything rofl
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited February 2014
    But see this is my point. People can stack a team without pubstomping. It makes the game more interesting and enjoyable for "pubstompers" by doing silly stuff like that and it gives the other team a fighting chance to win.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Roobubba wrote: »
    NeXuS wrote: »
    A couple of teammates and I stacked a team yesterday. All 3 of us went lerk and only used spikes. Didn't help the team that much. They won that game on their own.

But it was fun game. Died plenty. Went negative. Spike lerked most of the game. Then xeno'd for last 10-15 minutes of the game because if marine turtle.

What's wrong with that?

Unless you're ground lerking, you're not trolling properly.

- BestGroundLerkEU

Groud lerk spiking while spamming KAAAA KAAAAAAAA!!!
    current1y wrote: »
    Oh make no mistake we lost terribly. I was comm and literally had the entire map cysted (didn't drop any rts) and like 4 min in locklear comes in and ruins everything rofl

I meant a single medpack basically puts your entire parastrike force into energy debt. :)
  • GreymaneGreymane Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187268Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just played an uncommon game, fast start where marine take an huge map control advantage during first minutes.

The game start to be done, upgraded and stuffed marine vs un-upgraded aliens, concede vote start to rain but.

I've saw the marine comm said he will pause the marine tech, he's recycle some rt (he recycle an rt after only 1 of my bite), a flame war have started on the marine side but the comm only reply, this round is going too fast, boring...

Finally marine have win, but this was interesting, alien got a little time to try something... Not a one sided rape...

Strange but cute example of fair-play...
    Greymane wrote: »
    Just played an uncommon game, fast start where marine take an huge map control advantage during first minutes.

The game start to be done, upgraded and stuffed marine vs un-upgraded aliens, concede vote start to rain but.

I've saw the marine comm said he will pause the marine tech, he's recycle some rt (he recycle an rt after only 1 of my bite), a flame war have started on the marine side but the comm only reply, this round is going too fast, boring...

Finally marine have win, but this was interesting, alien got a little time to try something... Not a one sided rape...

no, that's marine comm dragging out a finished game and trolling his own team.
  • ArthurDentArthurDent Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188904Members
    There is now a Vote force even team skill option.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    That puts all badged players on one team :-/
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Greymane wrote: »

I have seen this scenario a few times but sometimes the enemy team makes the mistake of holding back too much and causing their own defeat. I find it quite funny.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    That puts all badged players on one team :-/
    Not that that means anything. just saying.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Badge stacks always get complaints. Lol.
  • KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
    ArthurDent wrote: »
    There is now a Vote force even team skill option.
    It's broken. It occasionally causes the server to crash as soon as the vote is resolved.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    The new force random is a nice idea but have to agree the way it "balances" the teams is a bit weird. What do you guys think, has it cured the problem?
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Badge stack! OMG they have badges, therefore money, therefore jobs, therefore THEY ARE PAID TO PLAY NS2 COMPETETIVELY AND WILL DESTROY US ALLLLLL
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited February 2014
    Okay since last night me and a bunch of friends went all out stack (and killed a few servers) I thought I'd give out a stacker's point of view.
    I'll just say it was silly.
    I'll pr-empt this by saying we weren't playing normally. and almost lost because of the way we were playing.
    First off: We would all join 1 team. duh. stacking. and if the game started before we were all on one team we would use our numbers to vote reset the round.

Secondly: We would drop all weapons, form up, and march on the hive en-axe. then proceed to axe all structures along the way. Usually getting 1-2 unnasisted axe kills. everyone else running away from us. (the smart ones)

If all goes well, we will axe down a hive. If all doesn't go well. we'll try again until lerks.

Stage three: Lerks out on the field, means we up the game a little bit. We drop rifles, but keep pistols. still marching with our axes out, if engaged by a lerk, we'll tell him to F&$% off with our pistols. or kill them if lucky. i believe we axe killed 1 lerk who was healing in a hive by jumping on his head an surrounding him with axes. then if we reach a hive we will axe him to death.

Stage three Mk 2: Welders. 8 welders are hilarious. Doing this is the most fun we get out of this game but probably least efficient way. and one or 2 of us will die before actually getting a skulk down, best case scenario we save the welders and continue to hive, welding hive unto death or any structures we find. (whips priority!)

Stage 4: If we're kicking far too much ass we start playing gun-game style. i.e start with a good weapon, if you get a kill, you go down a level.
    It is as follows Shotgun>flamer>grenade-launcher>Rifle>pistol>welder>axe>meat-shield(or not allowed to attack anymore until you die) which usually evens the playing field out slightly. and is also fun to do. ;D
    And that's marines.

Alines.

Some things we've done before. for giggles.

Gorge tunnels + Hydras rush on base, 9/10 wins, sometimes the team just gives up and either abuses us for stacking or compliments us for our outrageous foresight. not really often the latter.

The Onos butt wiggel: This one's the best.
    This mostly involves dominating just enough so we don't force a concede, but have enough to get a lerk with umbra, 3 onos, and a gorge.

How it's done: take your onii, line them up outside enemy base. make sure the enemy knows you are there (either with a beacon or just having them there)
    Have your lerk and gorge focus on keeping you alive. Turn around. Stark shaking your booteh. And i mean SHAKE IT, JENNIFER. also, if they start attacking your gorge and lerk you have permission to kill them. killing innocent marines is A NO GO. Taking group pictures with your now-friend marines is advised.

Edit: Sorry for the servers we destroyed. we didn't get a chance to record it but i think i got duckvillelol to catch some if it in one of his streams. (we were on american servers that auto-kick if you have too high ping, being aussies/nzlanders, we kind of had high ping)

Yeah, a short amount of evil murderous pub-stomping was recorded Here Skip to 48:30 for my crickets, giggles, and our madness.
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    Okay since last night me and a bunch of friends went all out stack (and killed a few servers) I thought I'd give out a stacker's point of view.
    I'll pr-empt this by saying we weren't playing normally. and almost lost because of the way we were playing.
    First off: We would all join 1 team. duh. stacking. and if the game started before we were all on one team we would use our numbers to vote reset the round.

Secondly: We would drop all weapons, form up, and march on the hive en-axe. then proceed to axe all structures along the way. Usually getting 1-2 unnasisted axe kills. everyone else running away from us. (the smart ones)

If all goes well, we will axe down a hive. If all doesn't go well. we'll try again until lerks.

Stage three: Lerks out on the field, means we up the game a little bit. We drop rifles, but keep pistols. still marching with our axes out, if engaged by a lerk, we'll tell him to F&$% off with our pistols. or kill them if lucky. i believe we axe killed 1 lerk who was healing in a hive by jumping on his head an surrounding him with axes. then if we reach a hive we will axe him to death.

Stage three Mk 2: Welders. 8 welders are hilarious. Doing this is the most fun we get out of this game but probably least efficient way. and one or 2 of us will die before actually getting a skulk down, best case scenario we save the welders and continue to hive, welding hive unto death or any structures we find. (whips priority!)

Stage 4: If we're kicking far too much ass we start playing gun-game style. i.e start with a good weapon, if you get a kill, you go down a level.
    It is as follows Shotgun>flamer>grenade-launcher>Rifle>pistol>welder>axe>meat-shield(or not allowed to attack anymore until you die) which usually evens the playing field out slightly. and is also fun to do. ;D
    And that's marines.

Alines.

Gorge tunnels + Hydras rush on base, 9/10 wins, sometimes the team just gives up and either abuses us for stacking or compliments us for our outrageous foresight. not really often the latter.

This mostly involves dominating just enough so we don't force a concede, but have enough to get a lerk with umbra, 3 onos, and a gorge.

How it's done: take your onii, line them up outside enemy base. make sure the enemy knows you are there (either with a beacon or just having them there)
    Have your lerk and gorge focus on keeping you alive. Turn around. Stark shaking your booteh. And i mean SHAKE IT, JENNIFER. also, if they start attacking your gorge and lerk you have permission to kill them. killing innocent marines is A NO GO. Taking group pictures with your now-friend marines is advised.

Edit: Sorry for the servers we destroyed. we didn't get a chance to record it but i think i got duckvillelol to catch some if it in one of his streams. (we were on american servers that auto-kick if you have too high ping, being aussies/nzlanders, we kind of had high ping)

Yeah, a short amount of evil murderous pub-stomping was recorded Here Skip to 48:30 for my crickets, giggles, and our madness.

my proudest troll moment was in a stacked game with welders phase. I chased a lerk into hive with jetpack welder and spent a solid 30 seconds chasing it around before it ran out of flappiness and I killed it. welder kill on a lerk. bam
    Ok. next time welder kill without a jetpack and you will earn my respek.
    edited February 2014
    Ok. next time welder kill without a jetpack and you will earn my respek.

I think someone who did that would earn all the respects. welder is pretty much the exact opposite of burst damage.

be like getting a babbler kill on an exo.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    <3 babbler kills... babbles chewing on power while your off somewhere else... satisfying.

So I guess the new force random is working well then? /:)
    edited March 2014
    GAH! even with force balanced teams people calling for stacks. Last night we were averaging two reshuffles every game? How the heck is that supposed to work? #-o
    This was back on the voice chats last night, calls that the new 'FORCE RANDOM' was stacking teams unfairly.

Has anyone else noticed that it tends to shuffle the stack one way more often than not?
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    It will NEVER result in balanced games 100% of the time.

People are too variable within their own skill range.

It will and does, though, result in balanced games more often that Randomall, statistically speaking.
  • driestdriest Germany Join Date: 2013-02-21 Member: 183251Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    It's true the vote does balance the teams quite well some times. However, it will very frequently get it very wrong because of the way hive stats work. Commanding gives you a very high penalty and usually players who are good at the game tend to command more frequently than rookies. My Hive "skill" dropped 90 points yesterday after commanding 2 games (and I have 87h of recorded games on hive).

Also, since hive skill is based on k/d and score independent of who you are facing, People playing against pro's all day will end up with a much lower skill than noobs pubstomping rookies.

So as long as the playerbase is homogeneous, the force balanced team vote kindof works. It really doesn't work if you have a large (real) skill gap, as it usually isn't reflected by the hive "skill". My Hive "skill" varies between 200 and 600 depending on how often I command and which servers I play on. And I am really just mediocre and get stomped myself if there are 1 or 2 comp players on the opposite team.

I disabled the force balanced teams vote on my server until UWE fixes the crazy hive stat system to reflect reality. Usually most people advocating it don't have a clue on how it works, just hope it will balance the teams (it does say so in the advertisement ;) ). They will repeatedly rally to have people vote, just to end up with even worse teams, as the 2 pros stomping the server have hive stats just about average and get put on the same team again ...
  • RunkiRunki Helsingborg, Sweden Join Date: 2012-12-02 Member: 173929Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2014

And that's marines.

Alines.

Wow you're a... fa-bulously un-nice person.
    Whats the point of "trolling" a entire server for your own entertainment?
    Just join a empty server and do that with your mates.
  • SpaSpa Join Date: 2013-05-20 Member: 185301Members
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »
    GAH! even with force balanced teams people calling for stacks. Last night we were averaging two reshuffles every game? How the heck is that supposed to work? #-o

Shuffle works 1 out of every 50 times. It depends who I am playing with but we will divide up into groups to play each other.

Or at 2:30 in the morning we will play hide and seek with the green marines with para only.