[Release] ns2_Jambi

Comments

• JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can you fix this stuck spot on the corner leaving skylights to organ.

• xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
    Jekt said:
    Can you fix this stuck spot on the corner leaving skylights to organ.

I can! Thanks keep posting more stuck spots! 

• MalGanis2MalGanis2 Join Date: 2009-07-17 Member: 68174Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited July 2013
    Would be great if the map gets an update before ENSL Season 3. My fellow mate Wob and I found these problems so far:

Vents being too small for Fades:
    -Waste Recycling to Coolant.
    -Gravity to Skylights.
    -Supply Lines to The Pub.
    -Shipping to Trash Ejection (the one closer to Repairs).

Stuck Spots:

-Corner between Security and Waste recycling.

QFULtboh.jpge9rdv3Ih.jpgiE41Tqxh.jpg

-Organ Donation.

3YaG2uMh.jpgj3iNMUuh.jpg9K6uYtth.jpg

-Transfer.

mqxaVCnh.jpgkJjuSich.jpglCMmAMch.jpg

-Transfer. If you look from below, the texture is missing (1st image), then, if you try to blink through, you get stucked.

ZM3qdkHh.jpgVchrHy4h.jpgwkcVfCkh.jpgwbnTUzqh.jpg

-Gravity.

yfFPKWmh.jpgObw7YHyh.jpg

-Trash Ejection vent.

qLDKIa6h.jpgwJeHZoVh.jpgWzLPt8oh.jpg

OP zones:

-Supply Lines under the vent. Marines can crouch and get in there, Fades can't so can't hit marines.
    VDHVXZYh.jpgc0vpfK2h.jpg

-Coolant. Marines can get in there with jetpack, neither skulks or fades can.

ghuGwZwh.jpgZGJiIZ4h.jpgvj7KcbVh.jpg5gbjii0h.jpg

-Besides Electrical Core. Aliens can get in there, marines can't shoot through the fence so you can only kill aliens if you have a jetpack.

4i41gkph.jpgsrRFDJbh.jpgfE1f3Dxh.jpg

-Above Gravity tech point. There's a spot in which marines can get with jetpacks, neither skulks or fades can get in there.
    iGVdgd4h.jpgNrrzuyOh.jpgO9R8lVbh.jpgNUYQ9nah.jpg

Other bugs:

-When you move into this corner in Supply Lines, textures disappear.
    WpeWFsvh.jpgXYj1q04h.jpg

-"Chess" wall on Gravity.

11XLtkVh.jpggNhKpNFh.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for taking the time with compiling this. I will do my best to patch all of these. On a related note, I can't believe I didn't add that chess wall in Gravity to the Collision geometry group. My mapping skills are rusty as I have not been mapping for the past few months :P

The problem with stuck spots is its really hard to tell what is causing the issue. I will let you know when its updated and do some testing, but feel free to let me know if the problem still persists.
  • MalGanis2MalGanis2 Join Date: 2009-07-17 Member: 68174Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    xtcmen wrote: »
    Thank you for taking the time with compiling this. I will do my best to patch all of these. On a related note, I can't believe I didn't add that chess wall in Gravity to the Collision geometry group. My mapping skills are rusty as I have not been mapping for the past few months :P

The problem with stuck spots is its really hard to tell what is causing the issue. I will let you know when its updated and do some testing, but feel free to let me know if the problem still persists.

I added you to Steam, tell me if you need any help with map testing :)

MalGanis2 wrote: »
    xtcmen wrote: »

I added you to Steam, tell me if you need any help with map testing :)

I actually managed to fix everything in about an hour. Though I found a new stuck spot while I was just blinking into every wall repeatedly to see what would happen. If you want to help blink around and look for more let me know.
    Ok the new version is out. Keep posting stuck spots.
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    So... why isn't this official :P
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    So I see you have a NSL Jambi test, does it have lower lightcount/no particles/no sounds? I mean, it's called NSL... :P

If it does have lower lightcount I could cleanup the horrible code that hardcodes the light stuff to my NSL maps so you can include the original lights with the NSL map.
    Mendasp wrote: »
    So I see you have a NSL Jambi test, does it have lower lightcount/no particles/no sounds? I mean, it's called NSL... :P

If it does have lower lightcount I could cleanup the horrible code that hardcodes the light stuff to my NSL maps so you can include the original lights with the NSL map.

Not yet, I wanted to test some new changes to help balance 6v6 on jambi. Once I get some more feedback and if the new layout / changes are good, I can start lowering the light count.

• DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    SCC shows how not to play an NSL map!
    (Last Sunday's matches)
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
  • X3N0X3N0 Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186662Members
    edited August 2013
    Had a blast on this map last night. Are there any plans to include Jambi with the base game so that it's on all public servers?
    No idea, that would be awesome though. You have to ask @Hugh or @Squeal_Like_A_Pig
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I honestly think that this is the 2nd best ns2 map, after summit. I think if it was polished up it would be a great map to include in a future update.. the layout is one of the best for competitive play imo.
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    I'm going to add it to the rotation on our last normal ns2 server tomorrow when my inevitable hangover wears off.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hope some more texture passes are gonna happen with this map. Just some finishing touches type stuff.

Some of the texture meets are bad, this one always stands out to me whenever I play the map.
    iZS2uPv.jpg

Also these rails are magic.
    8CB9iKa.jpg

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Found a couple of things that could use some fixing:

Missing polys in this spot in repairs. Can see through to the skybox.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177521562

Also, if you go on the ceiling of marine start, you can see stuff off in the distance that shouldn't be there.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177521582

Finally, the Bay Wing vent isn't on the map at all.
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Found a couple of things that could use some fixing:

Missing polys in this spot in repairs. Can see through to the skybox.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177521562

Also, if you go on the ceiling of marine start, you can see stuff off in the distance that shouldn't be there.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177521582

Finally, the Bay Wing vent isn't on the map at all.

Thanks for your help.

I am currently working on a update on jambi. Will definitely fix repairs (was actually aware of it)

The ceiling in MS is an occlusion bug, and the game rendering the other room. That one might not be able to get fixed (thankfully its not a big deal).

The vent in bay wing isn't on the map because it screws up the map view when players hold C. If I were to include it in the map, the size of the map when you hold C would be smaller so I figured it was a decent trade off. If it bothers you guys that much I can fix it, but just note it comes at a cost.
    XNh7ZFF.jpg

@Jekt Just wanted to let you know that I did this just for you.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Just played Jambi yesterday, and there are LOTS of areas where cysting is VERY difficult. Bay wing around the rt, it's very hard to place cysts or structures because of the grate. You need to put some CommanderBuild geometry in there. Also, I believe there's a spot in electrical that was difficult to cyst to as well.
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    As of a couple patches or so previously, players can't connect to our server when jambi is loaded. If a player tries to connect, we get a files mismatch error.

Edit: It looks like the fix is in this thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/uwe-server-ops/LLZCTdKjJL4

I'll try adding the two entries to the consistency check and test the issue later.

Edit2: ignore entries fix issue.
    I have no idea how to fix the model issue. They are no longer in the map and this is not my area of expertise.
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Server admins can fix it by adding the two ignore exceptions in the consistency check json file, as I did. I could connect to the server OK and play on Jambi after I made those changes. You could probably email Brian at UWE, or reply in that thread in the server op group to ask how to fix your map.
    edited November 2013
    NSL Jambi has been updated

-Fixed Cysting in Bay Wing and Organ (Thanks Super Sars)
    -Patched Marine pro jump into X Vent from X
    -Fixed entrance as a skulk into skylights vent (It was hard to climb into)
    -Got rid of Jambi_Black material to improve consistency checking
    -A few stuck spots.

Thank you guys and as always... message me for fixes.

I do plan on porting all the changes to ns2_Jambi but that involves copy and pasting all the lights. That is a winter break activity.... Thanks guys.

Edit: Consistency is now fixed. Yay
    edited February 2014
    ns2_Jambi has been updated. Huge thanks to @Mendasp for helping me out and making some crucial bux fixes

-Jambi is now compatible with Build 263's low light settings. NSL Jambi is now obsolete, but I left it on the workshop. The only difference is NSL jambi has no sounds or cinematic, but there are very few on jambi to begin with.

Balance Changes
    -Vent underneath supply is now removed
    -Power node in repair moved to give marines a better fighting chance while building.
    -Stuck spots / graphical errors

As always please post feedback. But please don't flame Mendasp :D
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I've played quite a few rounds on this recently, and the only thing I can say, is if aliens get Gravity, I have never seen them lose. Not neccesarily high level play you understand, but definitely happens everytime aliens get and keep gravity. So much so that these days it seems to be a race to hold gravity.
    edited February 2014
    So the regular jambi has been updated for the map changes the NSL one had? Organ was pretty different, and that vent you could jump into.

Also about the ambiant sounds, does @Mendasp CHUD disable those I wonder.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    CHUD destroys a table where the game stores all "static" sounds (ie. map sounds), so it should work on any map, just like the cinematics/props is a blacklist of cinematics/props and should work on any map, etc.
    @jekt yes regular ns2_jambi now has all the changes incorporated from NSL Jambi.