DON'T THINK I DIDN'T SEE THAT!!! (just for fun ;) )

BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
edited October 2013 in Mapping
Sheesh really guys? REALLY? Summit 2.0 - er I mean BIODOME was disappointing enough, but now THIS!!!?? DON'T THINK I DIDN'T SEE THAT GREYBOX ON MY SCREEN!!!
2a0936d8dd3fe4d93f3f4acf93892f.jpg

I think they're doing it to taunt us. They ENJOY making us miserable, like this garbage, staring me in the eye in Docking!
31f8597ebcf336adde48e4c6d7856b.jpg

Not to mention the sadistic monster who hid this in Tram for us all. Looks fine here doesn't it?
64b3329472ef71c0b302123df6e0f2.jpg

But are we to believe things suddenly turn invisible why they think you can't see them? NO! Go back to fairy-tale land toots! This is the REAL world I live in!
4931388e35afc6281933345c559df5.jpg

I'm tired of getting screwed when I pay for what I thought was a quality game. Look at this pile of rocks. THEY want you to believe they spared no expense, that this is the "good stuff", the "real" rocks.
bd2d5050444856e12f79c2ec3c09f2.jpg

GUESS AGAIN DIRT BAGS!!!! WE CAUGHT ON TO YOUR LITTLE HOLLOW-ROCK PEDDLING SCHEME!!!
bfcf3d39034ffc27aa7ac815ae116c.jpg

And the worst offender of the bunch is VEIL! UGHH!!! Just saying that name makes the bile crawl in my throat. Can we destroy a wall for real next time? Instead of playing pretend?
05bf12f3b4f8019eef8c1f1f3deee7.jpg

As if that wasn't bad enough, they're taking away our rocks, saying "oh you won't miss them" WELL I DARN WELL DID!!!!!!!!!!!! Where'd the ground go? Penny pinching level designers make me SICK!
6bc701120104c27206a92c4386d443.jpg

And SUMMIT! Summit... Oh well SUMMIT is... uh... Dammit... Summit's perfect. A little TOO perfect if you ask me... I... ugh... alright it's per- WHAT THE HELL IS THAT????????????
f3d4b4726c99b7d71e049afcd9de2c.jpg

ZERO/10, WOULD NOT BANG! :((((((((((((

Not playing ns2 AGAIN until these issues are FIXED!!! Who's with me!???

(Just post up the most nit-picking imperfections accompanied with a rant :) )

Comments

• ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Have you considered bringing this to UWE politely and perhaps joining the playtesters?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Okay, I see biodome, Tram, mineshaft and the second Veil picture. But what's wrong with Docking, Summit and the first veil picture?

And how could you miss the Greybox in Descent? Check Launch Control :D
  • xBlueXFoxxxBlueXFoxx Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185497Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Okay, I see biodome, Tram, mineshaft and the second Veil picture. But what's wrong with Docking, Summit and the first veil picture?

You can see the backside of a rock prop there. I can't update the map anymore for unknown reasons but since it's not game breaking it's not a big deal :D
  • xBlueXFoxxxBlueXFoxx Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185497Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited October 2013
    Mendasp wrote: »

You can see the backside of a rock prop there. I can't update the map anymore for unknown reasons but since it's not game breaking it's not a big deal :D

Someone obviously needs to be fired over this, what is this, an EA game?! Maybe we can hide these defects with lens flare and motion blur...
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    xBlueXFoxx wrote: »

Someone obviously needs to be fired over this, what is this, an EA game?! Maybe we can hide these defects with lens flare and motion blur...

Just release the fixes as DLC.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    They have been doing compression and optimizations to models and different things to maps and models, causing a prop in Descent to dissapear. Probably the cause for the other grey boxed areas. You'll have to get Max to explain in detail.
  • CD121CD121 Join Date: 2013-04-04 Member: 184635Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • DarkOmenDarkOmen Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7148Members
    I hit the deck, but it hit me back.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    Zaggy wrote: »
    Have you considered bringing this to UWE politely and perhaps joining the playtesters?

Hehe, sorry, I meant this to just be a joke thread with people posting up ludicrous overreactions to tiny tiny little nitpicks, just for fun.

F0rdPrefect:
    Docking: a disconnected edge right on the top of the lower part of the wall.
    Summit: What mendasp said.
    Veil (1st pic) the blown out section of the wall is disconnected. There's a little gap between the prop and the wall.

I forgot to check out descent when I made these... last night at about 4am... ;)

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    efa6024ecbf885f4d4a52cc017b721.jpg
    Zaggy wrote: »
    EDIT 2: How does one join the playtesters? I filled out something a while back before reinforced came out, but nothing came of it.
    Damn. They fixed the thing I actually meant in the build from this morning.
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

I sure hope you have a competitive skill level, for your sake.

I sure hope you have a competitive skill level, for your sake.

Only one way to get better. ;)
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    There is one more and it is a real ugly duckling. On the map smelting this apparition appears. It is in the room smelting. If you traverse your way up into the rafters it will be there, over on the side of flow and transit.
    james888 wrote: »
    There is one more and it is a real ugly duckling. On the map smelting this apparition appears. It is in the room smelting. If you traverse your way up into the rafters it will be there, over on the side of flow and transit.

The big orange lava circle? I chalk that up to just a buggy cinematic/cinematic editor. It goes away once one of the buckets dumps.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Good news, all the issues in Summit and Veil from this thread are fixed in 259!
    edited October 2013
    Good news, all the issues in Summit and Veil from this thread are fixed in 259!

Oh we'll see about that... *does that hands-folded knuckle-cracking thing* Time to do some exploring!

Hehe seriously though that's great! It's good to see that the maps are still being maintained and that the devs are listening. :)

OH and another thing I noticed, but I'm not entirely sure if it's anything any of the level designers can fix, the reflection probes in some of the maps (ie the one RIGHT next to the window in Launch Control on Descent) are "reflecting" some of the checkerboard collision mesh.

Not a huge deal though... but then again neither was that other stuff and you guys fixed it anyways! :D
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    It is the worst ever of ever ever. You need your flashlight on to see it. It appears to be two textures fighting it out for who can be visible. What is in the picture below is only a glimpse, because it changes depending on your view angle. It is the most blatantly offensive mapping error ever.

ShxHXD5.jpg
    james888 wrote: »
    It is the worst ever of ever ever. You need your flashlight on to see it. It appears to be two textures fighting it out for who can be visible. What is in the picture below is only a glimpse, because it changes depending on your view angle. It is the most blatantly offensive mapping error ever.

ShxHXD5.jpg

My money's on rusty.
    OH and another thing I noticed, but I'm not entirely sure if it's anything any of the level designers can fix, the reflection probes in some of the maps (ie the one RIGHT next to the window in Launch Control on Descent) are "reflecting" some of the checkerboard collision mesh.
    Yes, I knew about this and it's in fact reported, that's something that has to be fixed in the editor, though...
    Yes, I knew about this and it's in fact reported, that's something that has to be fixed in the editor, though...

How do you fix it, just so I don't run into the same pitfall? (Or did you mean it's a bug in the actual editor?)
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Beige, your posts are darn entertaining.
    2cough wrote: »
    Beige, your posts are darn entertaining.

Heh... thanks! I try.
    I think this one tops it as worst offender. As docking has had changes, they forgot to peek out the windows.

fGpvaML.jpg
  • minsciminsci Finland Join Date: 2013-05-27 Member: 185382Members, Reinforced - Shadow