Why NEVER TALK + TAB key to see the score:

RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
edited October 2013 in Technical Support
pDDTRrn.jpg

XqUMEPu.jpg

BNhr0qz.jpg

Becouse i still get to play 2 hour long games with the game looking like this if i accidently happen to tab out for even 1 millisecond!

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    It's the secret Jelly-Bean mode. Om nom nom.
  • ReubotReubot Join Date: 2012-10-15 Member: 162374Members
    These TF2 aesthetics are just preparation for the transition to a F2P model.
  • LokeLoke Join Date: 2003-02-25 Member: 13988Members
    Reubot wrote: »
    These TF2 aesthetics are just preparation for the transition to a F2P model.

INB4 Skulks running around with Towering Pillar of Hats.
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's funny cause you don't get an fps boost with that.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Never look at the scoreboard while talking.
    Never look at the scoreboard while running.

It's best if you don't look at the scoreboard, at all.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    tenderloin wrote: »
    It's funny cause you don't get an fps boost with that.

It's easier on your eyes :)

Also I moved talk to my key 'F' very easy to press
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members

Scoreboard is useful for a number of reasons besides being a pretty significant chunk of the fun of public games. It's useful to know who on your team has what lifeform or weapon and how much res and how many are alive at the current point in time, and it may be useful to know if that fade that just killed you is actually a super scary pro or just a lucky noob when it comes to planning your next course of action.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    sotanaht wrote: »

Scoreboard is useful for a number of reasons besides being a pretty significant chunk of the fun of public games. It's useful to know who on your team has what lifeform or weapon and how much res and how many are alive at the current point in time, and it may be useful to know if that fade that just killed you is actually a super scary pro or just a lucky noob when it comes to planning your next course of action.

Yes. I was not trying to make a point. It's just that "Tab" for the scoreboard is... unlucky in a steam game (with voice chat on alt).

I have voice chat on "I" and bound one of my thumb keys of my mouse to it (via driver). Works fine, until you get on a server with the keybinds mod...
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    What keybinds mod? But yeah I recommend rebinding keys too. Especially good if you can rebind them on your keyboard so that tab is no longer tab for example, then you can use that space for the scoreboard without having to worry about alt or shift-tab.
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    Prob get a large FPS boost from this.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Infestation actually looks better like that.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    No textures mode. Do want.
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    I could see a lot of players alt tabbing every map to reproduce that look.

And in game voice is always left shift, with 3rd party voice (the few times I use it) always being on left Ctrl, regardless of the game.
    BentRing wrote: »
    I could see a lot of players alt tabbing every map to reproduce that look.

And in game voice is always left shift, with 3rd party voice (the few times I use it) always being on left Ctrl, regardless of the game.

What do you use for crouch and sprint?
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    edited October 2013
    I do this every map, prevents the out of memory crash.
    Also I use mid mouse for voice
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's got kind of a Q3A vibe, I like it
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    It basicly looks like Clay mode after tabbing :( you can even dashboard on consoles while playing so why on earth would i not be able to TAB the game in case i need to start downloading pointless files again to get an edge ogainst the enemy
    The only time you dont get clay mode after tabbing out you get this instead:

H45sCtO.jpg

and i have sent over 100 reports of this kind over the year i had ns2. Will we be able do ALT+TAB in 2014 atleast?
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    RadimaX wrote: »
    The only time you dont get clay mode after tabbing out you get this instead:

H45sCtO.jpg

and i have sent over 100 reports of this kind over the year i had ns2. Will we be able do ALT+TAB in 2014 atleast?

Not sure what that has to do with alt tabbing. Isn't that what Natural Selection 2 always looks like?
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Moving to Tech Support.
  • hub3rtu2hub3rtu2 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165478Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    I have this on for 5 minutes into the new map (which loading already takes 5 minutes), I thought this was normal since Reinforced, like new alien vision.
    yeah in the past they wrote well its already fixed becouse its only during the first minutes or after getting the latest patch it precashes textures or what they are calling it except entire matches is like this.
    Reason why i took Readyroom printscreens and pre-game in the past post was because its usually during the maprotation you are tabbing out and have plenty of time to take images in the beginning.
    Once you are playing there is not time to take printscreens, HOWEVER i took images during this match and we even had all the upgrades at one point that can be seen in the left corner so its not only during the beginning of the game. Must find the other pictures to upload, still no solution or fix, only moved the post away so less people will see that the engine has flaws. i littarally play two hours like this until i restart NS2 or 50% of the time the map rotation fixes it. But i dont want to drop the server only to find it full for another 30 minutes if i restart manuall, i just want the damn game to WORK, and not like a tamaguchi with colors.