Build 255 is now live on Steam! - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited September 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

imageBuild 255 is now live on Steam! - Natural Selection 2

Build 255, the first post-Reinforced update, is now live on Steam. Servers will roll over to the new build over the next few hours. Build 255 has two primary objectives: Address as many bugs and issues in Reinforced as possible, and introduce the first wave of Reinforcement Program tiers. On both counts, we have done well, but still have more to do. For example, D3D11 and OpenGL performance is still not quite where we want it to be, though D3D9 is running much better in 255. Exclusive taunts are not yet working properly. The in-game menu currently allows you to select, but not play as, armour types you do not have access to (e.g. a player who bought …

Read the full story here

Comments

• casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    yeahhhh 2 res to echo whips. that'll teach you khamms to contaminate rush!
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Finally GetPort() . Thanks UWE
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Should also add/experiment with Aliens not having to rechoose upgrades again upon spawning, or to at least choose them b4 spawning while you're choosing respawn location just to keep things stream-lined and to keep the flow going.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    I like the pulse grenade change. Although, I would use it more like a mine. Maybe two grenades and two mines.

A lot of this seems to be quality of life features. Me gusta.
  • ZeroouuhZeroouuh Join Date: 2013-07-26 Member: 186409Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver
    I dont see where that small effort will make a change, rather a little OP being able to pre-select upgrades before spawning.

I prefer to upgrade the lifeform after I spawn.

Again an awesome update from UWE, thanks guys! :D
  • jomachinegunjomachinegun Join Date: 2010-07-30 Member: 73371Members
    is marine strafe jump back to normal? has it been fixed?
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    is marine strafe jump back to normal? has it been fixed?

Marine strafe jump is an intended change
  • ionfluxionflux Join Date: 2012-11-24 Member: 173039Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    why do donors still get the reinforced program popup? i'm lazy to always close it whenever i connect to a server
  • SychoSycho Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186642Members
    No mention of making Dx11 and SLI / Crossfire play nice together?
  • PakarsPakars Join Date: 2010-11-24 Member: 75262Members
  • VigilantiaVigilantia Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 51Members
    Pakars wrote: »

THE NUMBERS, PAKARS! WHAT DO THEY MEAN!

• PakarsPakars Join Date: 2010-11-24 Member: 75262Members
    The code to save the universe from the ultimate evil.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    One dollar badge showing up in game <3
  • LtJunoLtJuno Join Date: 2011-07-08 Member: 109043Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I am guessing the Assault and Elite Assault are still being worked on for us females?
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    LtJuno wrote: »
    I am guessing the Assault and Elite Assault are still being worked on for us females?

Correct. Will be available SOON™.
  • HeavenfallHeavenfall Join Date: 2010-08-14 Member: 73620Members
    I'd just like to confirm that this patch removed the necessity for me to "disable desktop composition" and use the modded D3D9.dll provided by a user. Thank you for making progress on this, the game is now better than it was in patch 252.
  • tuxatortuxator Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69958Members, Reinforced - Gold
    sooo...nothing on the OpenGL front? No fixes to crashes? Damn, had hoped to be able to play this weekend :(

Well, at least the dot/comma seperator thing has been fixed.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    LtJuno wrote: »
    Yup, the model is going through the high poly stage right now. It will likely still be another few weeks before they are fully modeled, textured and rigged and added to the game.

• tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    Vigilantia wrote: »
    Pakars wrote: »

THE NUMBERS, PAKARS! WHAT DO THEY MEAN!

aliens have a new heads-up display. but you have to learn to read khaara to make any sense of it.
  • StrafeStrafe Join Date: 2013-09-06 Member: 187867Members
    I was hoping to see something about drifter health. Now that they are 8 Res it really hurts when a marine kills it with less than one clip. If you are occupied on something else and they happen to sneak in before you can run the drifter out, the marine just lines up and shoots the res node through the drifter for twice as much damage. I know that drifters are faster now you if you catch a marine coming you can get it out pretty easily, but all it takes is one marine and half a rifle clip to catch you off guard for a second. That 8 res during the early game really hurts.
  • zeepzeep Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3367Members
    Glad to see a patch. How is mouselag in 255?
  • Kro55f1r3Kro55f1r3 Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184674Members
    When did you do a shift work with echo in anywhere on the map.
    When he leave the sight of view of the commander. His HUD become black .

Great job for Alien respawn location => Increased aliens win at 75% (up from 66%) ;)
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    zeep wrote: »
    Glad to see a patch. How is mouselag in 255?
    D3D9 does feel a bit sharper, but I didn't really have a problem with D3D11 so I'm probably not a good source for this. 11 still has a "smoother" feel to it despite lower framerate and I think I'm going to stick to that.

WITH THAT SAID: D3D11 and OpenGL are now labeled as beta and D3D9 should, for now, be considered the standard, go-to option.
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Zeroouuh wrote: »
    I dont see where that small effort will make a change, rather a little OP being able to pre-select upgrades before spawning.

I prefer to upgrade the lifeform after I spawn.

Again an awesome update from UWE, thanks guys! :D
    Waiting 4-8 seconds to respawn only to spend an additional 3-6 seconds to upgrade is a huge difference

• Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
    Im using DX9 full screen >> Still random crash about 15-20 minutes of gameplay , im already write a topic about this "random crash" in build 254

Sadly >>> This update is all about Reinforced skin ,players model
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Im using DX9 full screen >> Still random crash about 15-20 minutes of gameplay , im already write a topic about this "random crash" in build 254

Sadly >>> This update is all about Reinforced skin ,players model
    Can you post your log.txt please?
    As for the update, coders code, artists do artist stuff. So even when new shinies come, the programmers dosnt drop everything and suddenly try to learn photoshop, they continie to fix bugs.

• [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I am still waiting on bindable chuckle and the old japanese ns1 taunt and now you add exclusive taunts to the game? What do I have to spend in order to get my chuckle back?