What's up with this Reinforced business?

BleppBlepp Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187448Members
So I bought NS2 on Steam last night, having never heard of it before. Played it, had great fun. Today I've been counting the hours 'til I get off work. Now I find only two rather shitty servers whereas there where hundreds yesterday. I see that there is a expansion (Reinforced program) so I 'bought' it, and now what? When/how do I receive this expansion? I want to play the friggin' game.

Cheers

Comments

• SjNSjN Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11983Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited August 2013
    Reinforced is an auto update to NS2, it's already out, so when you buy NS2, Reinforced is included.

Reinforced program is kind of a donation to the development team, it's optional and is not required in order to play the game.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2013
    Blepp wrote: »
    So I bought NS2 on Steam last night, having never heard of it before. Played it, had great fun. Today I've been counting the hours 'til I get off work. Now I find only two rather shitty servers whereas there where hundreds yesterday. I see that there is a expansion (Reinforced program) so I 'bought' it, and now what? When/how do I receive this expansion? I want to play the friggin' game.

Cheers
    Just to clear things up as the term DLC is misunderstood in this day and age... NS2 has free DLC (patches). The community will never be split up into groups that have different DLC's, unlike some other games I won't mention here...

The rest (and this point actually) is explained in the videos :)
  • BleppBlepp Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187448Members
    Hehe thanks for explaining this to me. Now I do find all the servers and am enjoying the game very much.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Blepp wrote: »
    Hehe thanks for explaining this to me. Now I do find all the servers and am enjoying the game very much.

Awesome, glad you're enjoying the game! :D