European Open Grand Final - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited August 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

imageEuropean Open Grand Final - Natural Selection 2

The time has almost come. The casters are arriving. The teams are on their way. The NS2HD videos have begun. The prize pool is big. The stage is being prepped. Here is a map showing what time the European Open 2013 Grand Final starts all across the world: Tune in to the NS2 Twitch Channel this Saturday, 24 August and watch the Saunamen take on the Legendary Snails for their share of over $3,000 in prize money. The event is being cast live from Insomnia49 in the UK with commentary by BlindNS and Strayan.…

Read the full story here

Comments

• RobbyRobby Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159687Members
    Oh, 19:00 CET. On the ENSL website it says 12:00. Now i gotta reschedule my reschedule.
  • XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
  • blindblind Join Date: 2010-04-17 Member: 71437Members, Squad Five Gold
    Robby wrote: »
    Oh, 19:00 CET. On the ENSL website it says 12:00. Now i gotta reschedule my reschedule.
    Fixed
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Should be an awesome match. So, how many games can we expect? Best of... ?
  • blindblind Join Date: 2010-04-17 Member: 71437Members, Squad Five Gold
    Best Of 3 due to the restricted time we have on main stage. Might sound disappointing but there is tons of other big titles who also booked main stage and they all don't have that much time for their Events either. Anyways, this is going to be awesome! :)
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    :/ let us hope it is not 2 rushes then ;)
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hi guys, I'm here at i49 with lots of ns2 people. Come meet up with us if you are here. email me: obraxis.com[at]gmail.com and lets have some fun!
  • undeadanimalundeadanimal Join Date: 2013-08-04 Member: 186560Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    should be online now? but not?
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    The earlier event is running over so they were delayed 30 minutes.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    So these matches will decide who is the truly the higher species, Kharra or Humans. On August 30th UWE will announce Ns3 with two new races.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited August 2013
    Just watching the Saunamen vs Legendary Snail match, round 1, and it seems to well illustrate the sad state of balance of the game.

Mass fade vs shotguns and medspam, everything else being irrelevant.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Kamamura wrote: »
    Just watching the Saunamen vs Legendary Snail match, round 1, and it seems to well illustrate the sad state of balance of the game.

It has always been like that.

Round 1 was awesome. The Snails are just terrifying with their shotguns. Well played.
  • ResRes Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20245Members
    edited August 2013
    Bicsum wrote: »
    Kamamura wrote: »

It has always been like that.

just one of the reasons why comp play is pretty lame and yet... so advertised and supported by the devs even though it's just a shadow of what the game offers.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Legendary Snails will be one of the two new races. They are OP.
  • delta78delta78 Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178131Members
    These two matches were pretty boring and disappointing...

There was no tech stuff like jetpacks, exoes, GL's and such. I've seen a lot better matches commentated by Red Dog, which show a lot of strategies and skills and not only fade spam and shotgun pew pew...

It didn't make me care for what was happening in the two games. :/
  • WobWob Join Date: 2005-04-08 Member: 47814Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Summit boring map. Balanced but relatively boring compared to tram/veil. Don't know exactly why Hugh made them play it instead of map picking via coinflip (and rules)

http://www.ensl.org/articles/797
    "Side and map to be determined by coinflip."
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Where can I see replay? I want biodome vid again
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    Exos, GLs, FTs, JPs aren't viable at the top level. Absolutely have to med and nano SGs against the fade packs. Tech gets delayed when you sacrifice early cap for harvester pressure to delay the fades as long as possible.

Both rounds were entertaining, the first in particular could of gone either way several times. I don't know what people were expecting. Shame about the massive delay getting started but the Biodome trailer was pretty.

To the casual spectator, lower tier games are probably more interesting at the moment. Reddog getting more views isn't that surprising for this reason and that he was the default stream on twitch.tv. And the casting was great.
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
  • [=Alex=][=Alex=] Join Date: 2008-12-25 Member: 65866Members, Squad Five Blue
    I put the video on youtube, so you can see it all at once.

Spectacular!

• ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Syknik wrote: »
    Whoopsie!

RedDog's channel had the Twitch front page promotion, probably because the official channel was delayed by 45 minutes due to technical difficulties.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    So during Episode 8 of the state of the game Hugh mentioned something is going to be revealed.

http://www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2/b/447226348

Watch from 17:20 to about 17:50. I dont remember anything other than the biodome reveal.
  • RicezRicez Join Date: 2013-04-13 Member: 184784Members
    Zek wrote: »
    Syknik wrote: »
    Whoopsie!

RedDog's channel had the Twitch front page promotion, probably because the official channel was delayed by 45 minutes due to technical difficulties.

Reddog was on the #1 slot on the front page, the Multiplay stream (same feed as Ns2 stream) was on the last slot on the front page, and the NS2 stream wasn't even on the front page.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The iseries delay was pretty bad... I thought Hugh dealt with it quite admirably though!
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    It was a good thing that RedDogs stream was the one that got the attention anyway, the first hour of the Multiplay stream was a mess as things were getting set up and troubleshooted.
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Just to clarify, I had the 11am-1pm PDT front page time slot locked in over a week ago already. I would assume it was the delays that led to what happened...
  • MistenTHMistenTH Join Date: 2003-01-01 Member: 11706Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Does anyone have a youtube video up of the finals? Twitch VoD is horribly slow for me.
    edited August 2013
    This game showcased a lot of long standing bugs I really want fixed though. : >

The Team Kills graph always showing the two lines on top of each other regardless of actual values
    Commentators keep talking about how close the kills are even if the values are 2:1 because the graph has never worked.
    Bile bomb sounds when phasing
    Rooms not having lighting restored when power node is repaired
    Happened in XR during round 1, the PG didn't get up because it was on 99% built but people were talking about how the power was down due to the red lights even though the power was the first thing they repaired.
    Never ending music loops
    so immersive.
    Gorge tunnel map lines not updating when the same gorge replaces an entrance

Would be nice if there was a better way to get into first person spec as well, like if you pressed space it would first person spec whoever is closest to your overhead mouse cursor.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    Jekt wrote: »
    Would be nice if there was a better way to get into first person spec as well, like if you pressed space it would first person spec whoever is closest to your overhead mouse cursor.

click on the persons name, it will select it and should go first person spec when you into that mode.