Build 251 is Now Live on Steam! - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Added a link to a player’s Steam profile page on the player list page in the server web admin
    More anti cheat incentives :)
  • SeahuntsSeahunts Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151973Members
    Lunos wrote: »
    Had a weird bug today, my LMG started shooting a stream of flamethrower flames every 5 seconds from the front of my rifle and it seems to do damage as well. Very odd bug. Gives me an idea for an underslung grenade or flamethrower option for the rifle however :D (wasn't that brought up like ages ago?)

Was this in vanilla or combat? I was getting that every now and then in a B250 combat server when wielding a shotgun. The flamin shotty was pretty powerful lol.
  • HusarHusar Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169523Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mouse wrote: »
    Just to clarify about the grenade lifetime thing: it basically means that if you shoot an alien at close range with the GL, the grenade will bounce off them instead of functioning like a shotgun from hell.

Direct hits with GLs (at oncoming skulks & lerks) were always so satisfying.

:(

And cheap!
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Shift click follow and weld exo, shift click follow and weld another exo, shift click base.
    Exo down? Mac is going to weld another one. Second exo down? Retreat! No additional micro. Woot.
  • ricasantricasant Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186390Members
    What about the gorge tunnels bug? when you drop the entrance, then a second one, if you drop another entrance (expecting change the tunnel path), the map doesn't show the correct new path, and while transiting inside, the map shows you travelling trough the old path (despite the correct destiny).
    Cheers
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Reconnecting cysts now seems to be trickier. Anyone else had the same issue?
  • PhoenixonPhoenixon Join Date: 2013-07-24 Member: 186369Members
    @xen32 I've got this as well. The Cystem has just been released though, so I'm holding out hope for a hotfix on this. Cysts went from being a chore to be an annoyance :)
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Exos are really crap now. No relation to build 249 anymore. less health, less damage. So why buy exo anymore?

there is no relation to the onos right now. also to the fade. 50 res for fade or single exo with 20% less damage........ i think everypne would choose the fade.

i think we got a big problem in nerfing marines all the time. since 250 marines got weaker and weaker. now in competetive gaming marines only win 30% (!!!!) of all games (based on ns2stats). where is that balanced? last time i played as marine in a server with 249-mod. it showed me clear how crappy marines are in 251
  • M2kM2k Join Date: 2013-06-27 Member: 185724Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    the aliens are OP since #250, a good rushing alien team will pwn marines in the beginning of the map rly easy. with smaller teams like 3on3, normaly aliens will allways win. marines wont get any chance to build RT´s or come out of their base when aliens non stop rush their base.

and for now they have cyst autobuild system,.....so now its much easier for aliens.

with com vs com matches its the same. marines need to play 2 vs 1 alien to get fair commander match ^^
    edited July 2013
    it would be nice to get feature like "competetive mode" for the server - enabled= no mods and scripts etc allowed. - disabled= normal or standard mode like it is for now.
    i think this could be good option to prevent "cheaters" or "modders" to get an advantage.

another good thing would be a "kill cam" - the server owner should be able to decide to enable or disable a kill cam. a kill cam can help yourself to see what you did wrong and why you died. and its a easier way to detect cheaters.

and it would be nice, when i am ingame and pressing TAB and i am able to click players names to open their steam profile or add them to friendlist. now its vry hard to add players to friendlist.(because ingame name is most not same name like it is in steam)

sry for my bad eng.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    M2k wrote: »
    the aliens are OP since #250, a good rushing alien team will pwn marines in the beginning of the map rly easy. with smaller teams like 3on3, normaly aliens will allways win. marines wont get any chance to build RT´s or come out of their base when aliens non stop rush their base.

and for now they have cyst autobuild system,.....so now its much easier for aliens.

with com vs com matches its the same. marines need to play 2 vs 1 alien to get fair commander match ^^

I literally can't believe that UWE hasn't balanced this game for 1v1 play. I'm going to write a letter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23688
    I literally can't believe that UWE hasn't balanced this game for 1v1 play. I'm going to write a letter

Make sure caps lock is turned on.
  • SeahuntsSeahunts Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151973Members
    Finally got to give this build a go.

Please get rid of the "subtle" view model rotation for wall walking Skulks. It's horrid!

• DeonbekendeDeonbekende Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186393Members
    Grenade never stop explosing, it's totaly buged and totaly destroying the game .... will be nice to fix it fast.

And yeash, tunnel get some bug too.
    this bug comes from ns2stats plugin, we need to wait until they fixed the plugin,
    i disabled on my server for the first
    Skulk model tilt is not a good looking effect, and it's also buggy, a little move when facing a wall/structure and you are tilted in other direction, transition looks... well... let's not talk about how bad it is. I get this instant transitions to other side when biting extractors for example.
    I found out you can turn it off by turning off camera animations, but those remove sprint camera shake, which I love. Can it be separate option?
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2013
    WTB: Camera Immersion Option - for the camera stuff.
    Also, is there a way to turn off bullet casing ejection?
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Rammler wrote: »
    Exos are really crap now. No relation to build 249 anymore. less health, less damage. So why buy exo anymore?

there is no relation to the onos right now. also to the fade. 50 res for fade or single exo with 20% less damage........ i think everypne would choose the fade.

i think we got a big problem in nerfing marines all the time. since 250 marines got weaker and weaker. now in competetive gaming marines only win 30% (!!!!) of all games (based on ns2stats). where is that balanced? last time i played as marine in a server with 249-mod. it showed me clear how crappy marines are in 251

Build 250 definitely increased the viability of marines. In fact, it increased it too much so they've been toned down in 251.

Also, aliens are just inherently better from a competitive standpoint and most likely always will be. It simply doesn't require the same level of coordination and knowledge of tactical positioning to win as aliens as it does as marines. If UWE were to balance this game to achieve a 50/50 winrate in competitive marines would become extremely overpowered in public servers and would most likely win 80% of their games
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    edited July 2013
    Surprise surprise, Marines get nerfed AGAIN.

It's all good nerfing but only if both sides are nerfed at the same time...
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    joshhh wrote: »

Options > General > Camera Animation

But the new explosion shake is probably not covered by this toggle, and it should be.

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I would hardly call that a nerf. The exo damage reduction was needed to counteract the exo spam in larger servers. Exos still do crazy high dps. Flamethrower is still useful and just requires a bit better tracking, and the gl is still spammable.

The changes hardly impacted the marine game at all.
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Bump to open comment thread because Hugh is lazy and took his time posting this!

Just to clarify about the grenade lifetime thing: it basically means that if you shoot an alien at close range with the GL, the grenade will bounce off them instead of functioning like a shotgun from hell.

That's actually kind of realistic. Some munitions don't arm as soon as its fired.
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited July 2013
    Lunos wrote: »
    Had a weird bug today, my LMG started shooting a stream of flamethrower flames every 5 seconds from the front of my rifle and it seems to do damage as well. Very odd bug. Gives me an idea for an underslung grenade or flamethrower option for the rifle however :D (wasn't that brought up like ages ago?)

Has happened to me. I have steam pics to prove it. My LMG would shoot flame whenever the actual FT user would shoot. I wasn't shooting but it was spouting flames
  • zeepzeep Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3367Members
    Anyone losing player sounds with this build?
  • SkulkBaitsSkulkBaits Join Date: 2013-06-13 Member: 185549Members
    Great work guys! Cystem has actually made it a little troublesome for me to reconnect broken cyst chains, but I can see why players new to RTS would need something like cystem to help reduce their micro. :-)
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Industry wrote: »
    joshhh wrote: »

Options > General > Camera Animation

But the new explosion shake is probably not covered by this toggle, and it should be.

So many things that are not how they should be in this regard...
    Oh, didn't see it.

<- needs new glasses
  • haWprhaWpr Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185584Members
    The pistol reload speed seems to have been reduced and the firing action feels much more 'crisp', as if the rate of fire limit has been removed or is implemented differently. Could someone describe these changes please, unless I'm imagining them.

Let the script accusations begin anew!
  • pip1pip1 Join Date: 2004-09-06 Member: 31430Members
    The walljump speedcap has been increased. 11 or so?
  • BigBobBigBob Join Date: 2009-03-31 Member: 66981Members
    - Reduced Flamethrower damage by 18%

Sorry but this is some very bad decission.
    The Flamethrower was not that good anyways, not against fades, not against onos, but for skulks.
    This Gun gets even more useless now. I liked to play with it, but now Marines are so nerved its no fun anymore.

Very disapointed.