Build 251 is Now Live on Steam! - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited July 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

imageBuild 251 is Now Live on Steam! - Natural Selection 2

Some builds just want to watch the world burn. Build 251 has been in the works for quite some time – Unlike the new heir to the British throne, it did not decide to arrive promptly. A build’s recalcitrance may be measured by Brian‘s quality of life. When Brian is at his post long into the night, making build after build, you know that it’s a tough one. This is the nature of software development. Sometimes the intricacies, dependencies and complexities bite you in the ass. But today Build 251 is here, and it is glorious. Two particularly exciting new features are the ‘Cystem’  and queued orders. The Cystem is an auto cyst placement system that will chain link …

Read the full story here

Comments

• KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2013
    Bump to open comment thread because Hugh is lazy and took his time posting this!

Just to clarify about the grenade lifetime thing: it basically means that if you shoot an alien at close range with the GL, the grenade will bounce off them instead of functioning like a shotgun from hell.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2013
    Why are my drifters still able to build cysts ?
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited July 2013
    Started a listen server, I'm still not able to link cysts together. I did download the public beta build for 251 that was out last week, not sure if that screwed something up. I was opted out at the time of the update.
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yay bouncy grenades
  • NailoNailo Join Date: 2013-05-06 Member: 185138Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited July 2013
    Grenades never ever stop exploding in this build please hotfix lol, otherwise it will be airstrike city around the map
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    aeroripper wrote: »
    Started a listen server, I'm still not able to link cysts together. I did download the public beta build for 251 that was out last week, not sure if that screwed something up. I was opted out at the time of the update.
    Be sure that you are currently opted out, and that the console reads 251 once you get to the menu. if you still run into issues, post in tech support forum please.

• NailoNailo Join Date: 2013-05-06 Member: 185138Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited July 2013
    I dare everyone today to go on a server research advanced armory, and buy grenade launchers and spam them at entrances. You literally will never lose if you manage to survive until then thanks to a NS2stats bug
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    Hidden balance change: Shifts and Shades now cost only 10 res.
  • duck_birdduck_bird Join Date: 2012-08-06 Member: 154862Members
    This build is unplayable! Grenades detonating forever. Needs to be fixed asap!!
    lol Hozz they were 10 res on 250 as well
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Nailo wrote: »
    I dare everyone today to go on a server research advanced armory, and buy grenade launchers and spam them at entrances. You literally will never lose if you manage to survive until then thanks to aforementioned SERVER MOD bug
    FTFY ;)
  • MavickMavick Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 168138Members
    Which server mod is causing it?
    edited July 2013
    oh? What bug is that? My apologies, I didn't realize it was a server side issue. Well it was an issue with National Gaming anyway, so people beware ^_^
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    hozz wrote: »

10 supply not 10 res, theres a difference.
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Its most likely caused by NS2Stats, it tends to have issues with new builds.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    There does appear to be an issue with 251 and NS2Stats. This is not NS2Stats' fault - They are awesome, it's just the nature of new builds and mods playing together. Until they are able to match 251, it would be best to play on vanilla servers.
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    why always nerf marines? from 7 balance changes are 6 against marines........ in my opinion gorge could be more expensive. it is one of the strongest aliens. only for 5 res......
  • MavickMavick Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 168138Members
    Can confirm, disabling ns2stats did stop the problem with grenade launcher explosions.
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    SUPER_SARS wrote: »
    hozz wrote: »

10 supply not 10 res, theres a difference.
    Yes you're right, I always look at the first number. So much for hoping this overpriced **** would get cheaper :)

Also, *everyone* on the server blamed Fireworks mode feat. NS2stats on the patch. Whether it's UWE's fault or not, people are blaming them.
  • XeionXeion Join Date: 2009-07-26 Member: 68267Members
    Some builds just want to watch the world burn. How ironic, inifnity nades will do that to the world.
  • Ratman_84Ratman_84 Join Date: 2013-06-04 Member: 185473Members
    Yeah, I feel like Marines are getting nerfed. From my own personal experience I can say the Marines already win significantly less due to overpowered Fades/Gorges/Lurks. Making it damn near impossible now.
  • TmpltTmplt Join Date: 2013-07-24 Member: 186368Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver
    I notice a difference in loading-times. Good job!
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    IronHorse wrote: »
    aeroripper wrote: »
    Be sure that you are currently opted out, and that the console reads 251 once you get to the menu. if you still run into issues, post in tech support forum please.

It's fixed now, just had to disable SamusDroid's voice binding mod until its updated.

• kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    Gls keep on going after the explosion nonstop doing damage on long games. Nice ones
  • MalGanis2MalGanis2 Join Date: 2009-07-17 Member: 68174Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    kalakuja wrote: »
    Gls keep on going after the explosion nonstop doing damage on long games. Nice ones

Were you on the pcw? hahahahah

FFS, 75 mins pcw, GLs out = win

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited July 2013
    Neme wrote: »
    "Explosions now trigger a slight camera shake"

It should be optional

But-but, immersion!!!

EDIT: Also am I the only one completely confused as to why marines got nerfed but aliens remained untouched, even though they were far more powerful in 250. (Competitive play anyway).
  • MalGanis2MalGanis2 Join Date: 2009-07-17 Member: 68174Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »

But-but, immersion!!!

EDIT: Also am I the only one completely confused as to why marines got nerfed but aliens remained untouched, even though they were far more powerful in 250. (Competitive play anyway).

Check Fade movement, they are slower now, also, Skulk butt jumping got removed.