Custom map playtest sessions

Comments

• QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members
    CarNagE1 wrote: »
    I have recorded last night session. Playing with ping 300 was hard but still it was so much fun to play all the new maps. There is a bug on ns2_Tarvos where we couldn't cyst to the rt. You can see it in 32:40 stream time.

http://www.twitch.tv/carnage134/b/412659317

Thanks for the video, dunno how that cysting bug snuck in there but il get it fixxed :)

• Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    Well, I wont be able to make to session tonight again, Steam Guard busted my Steam account and I am still waiting for support to resolve the issue. What a nuisance... :(
  • ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ^^ this makes me sad. :( Hope it is fixed soon.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    You've still got two hours! fingers crossed, but it is a Sunday! :(
    Well, Steam have answered, but with completely irrelevant answer... looks like this is going to soooome time :-(
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    This probably only applies to the UK residents but the offers open to everyone. I think I'll be heading down insomnia tourney if I can find a buddy or two to meet up with. Its only about an hour away from my house, but I don't mind doing a slight detour to pick anyone up from a train station or whatever.
    I feel these kind of events are extremely important in maintaining the player count of the game(competitive and casual). More NS2 players means more people to actually play our maps. So donate something! It's also great excuse to get some beers and talk some mapping.
    edited June 2013
    Well, would be certainly cool to attend and meet IRL, but its kinda out of my reach :(
    I could kick the woman out and hold some of us up. PARTY! but free accommodation might make it more appealing for you?
    edited June 2013
    Well that makes it even more appealing, but unfortunately status of my bank account says "no way". But there is a slight probability of me attending the Camescom in August. So if anyone will have stop by, it will nice chance to meet :)
    Right guys same old drill post any play requests of suggestions here. I know we've got new builds of fracture (because i made it), caged, kodiak and prison.
    Anything else?
    Also I propose we start running balance test mod on the server by default!? Lets do a vote.
    yes!
  • ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I agree that it is probably a good idea to be running bt, balancing the maps is hard enough without trying to do it for a version that is going to become obsolete in some fashion. Or at least that is how I see it. I know it may well annoy some of our regulars, but it's going to happen sooner or later.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Good games tonight, guys! I've got a small list of bugs and some suggestions for Caged to work on, I hope everyone else got useful feedback as well. :)
    Yeah we had really epic games throughout the night. Well worth the dry eyeballs!
    for me tonight showed just how important these play tests are for the development of our maps. Each map we played has really had a jump in quality of the last few weeks. I honestly enjoyed every match we had. And While there's still a lot of bugs and ironing out to be done I believe a lot of them are starting to blossom into distinct, fun and (mostly) balanced map flowers!
    Oh, on a less positive side note can everyone stop updating their maps mid-game, it locks the server down to new players. Please wait for the round to end before committing anything to the workshop.
    GG guys
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    I love this map it's very playable. I love every encounter on it.
    My twitch stream (its not all, my game crashed at the end)
    http://www.twitch.tv/carnage134/b/417887222
    I love new pipes in Generator (you can get on top of it easly).
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    CarNagE1 wrote: »
    I love this map it's very playable. I love every encounter on it.
    My twitch stream (its not all, my game crashed at the end)
    http://www.twitch.tv/carnage134/b/417887222

Loved watching the match from comm's perspective, thanks for posting!
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    9:10 "cant build on entity", 9:45, 13:52, 15:37. Bone walls are hard to use...
  • Vert^Vert^ Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181227Members
    Well, since Howser might be off for tonight and Flat is in the hospital ( :( ), I have no idea who is going to host this tonight, but Prison, after 2 weeks of being updated, could really use a test tonight :) I will be online near the 21:00 mark we useally start, hit me up in the SCC grp chat ;)
    Troop, Loki and myself will be doing the admin tasks tonight, so we're still all set. Do we know of any other maps that have been updated and are ready to test?
  • RundervinkjeRundervinkje Join Date: 2009-08-10 Member: 68413Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can i perhaps join in ?
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    anyone can join should you manage to get in! its getting quite popular now and its looking like we will have to start doing an additional day
  • RundervinkjeRundervinkje Join Date: 2009-08-10 Member: 68413Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ah, thought was like a closed thingy. So you get good playtests and stuff :p
    Then i'll keep it in mind
    Your best bet to get notified when there's a game is to join our public group. while we try to keep Sundays for our mappers and the regulars, there's quite often games throughout the week that we'll announce through there. The more people that get involved with testing and giving feedback the better. So you are always more than welcome if you see a free slot.
    I look forward to seeing you on the server.
  • troopstroops Wales Join Date: 2003-02-17 Member: 13664Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    As Howser said best thing to do is join our steam group, we announce games for sunday and throughout the week on there and all our information is there too.
    I was thinking, instead of random teams how about we nominate two team captains to take it in turns to pick their players and nominate a commander each game. Hopefully this would make for a more even spread of skill and avoid the stacked games we've had on several occasions.
    Whats your guys thoughts on this?
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2013
    Well me and troop are the commanders quite often so loki v troop ! pick your sides :D

Anyway I will be online tonight will do steam annoucement etc on steam from 8pm uk onwards - CUSTOM MAPS OFC!
    I didn't mean captains would be commanders every game. Commands will be nominated by the captain. Its just to get a more even skill spread. There's nothing more annoying than seeing you map test fail due to a noob commander or the 5 best shooters on stacked on marine side.
    Yes, I would like more even teams to test maps on :)
    Lokee wrote: »
    Well me and troop are the commanders quite often so loki v troop ! pick your sides :D

Anyway I will be online tonight will do steam annoucement etc on steam from 8pm uk onwards - CUSTOM MAPS OFC!

Its after 8 GMT ? Whats happening ?

it happend I just got stuck mapping :D