Preemptive 249 changelog

IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
edited June 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Since its taking Hugh a bit longer than planned to prepare the changelog for this important build today I thought i'd share the changelog with you all:

Features:
  • LUAJIT.
Improvements:
  • LUAJIT.
Fixes:
  • LUAJIT.
Balance:
  • LUAJIT.
Optimizations:
  • LUAJIT.

That is all.
"In @fsfod we trust"
:-D

Comments

• carnage-wp-carnage-wp- Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162250Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited June 2013
    Bump to open comment thread?

EDIT: GOT DAMNIT I WAS BEAT.
  • Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
    edited June 2013
    yeah because luajit is the codename for docking changes...
  • FLuXFLuX Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11633Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited June 2013
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Since its taking Hugh a bit longer than planned to prepare the changelog for this important build today I thought i'd share the changelog with you all:

Features:
    • LUAJIT.
    Improvements:
    • LUAJIT.
    Fixes:
    • LUAJIT.
    Optimizations:
    • LUAJIT.

That is all.
    :-D

You left out the most important part... the Luajit balance changes

Balance:
    • LUAJIT.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited June 2013
    Rellik_pt wrote: »
    yeah because luajit is the codename for docking changes...
    sirius1.jpg
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2013
    @flux !! Fixed and ty.

Although idk if such a performance leap leads to any balance differences...
    8-}
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    Idk man it seems like something crazy is going on at UWE according to twitter:

"Really busy, crazy morning in the @UWEDev office this morning, so changelog is delayed. Will come soon!"

It has been 4 hours though since release so I wonder what shenanigans are happenings.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2013
    @YMIcrazy502 "I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, 'Shenanigans'."
    ;;)
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Lol. We had a huge bunch of game developers come by the office this morning, so everything is completely out of whack. I mean like 25 people crammed in. It was hectic. Just finished changelog vid, redoing changelog in WordPress because it booted me out and did not save my changes. Will definitely all be up by COB PDT today.
  • M1sterS1rM1sterS1r Join Date: 2013-02-12 Member: 183014Members
    Hey Hugh, whats your favorite restaurant? You know, with all the goofy shit on the walls and the Mozzerella Sticks?
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    That's why you called us into games. I hope everyone at the office wore pants today. Garish bright orange pants.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    I woudnt worry Zefram, Friday is "No pants day" :P
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    M1sterS1r wrote: »
    Hey Hugh, whats your favorite restaurant? You know, with all the goofy shit on the walls and the Mozzerella Sticks?

My favourite restaurant is Ripples Chowder Bay
    Zefram wrote: »
    That's why you called us into games. I hope everyone at the office wore pants today. Garish bright orange pants.

My pants today were red. :)
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    What were all these crazy game developers doing at your crib? Also, whoever made docking originally. I really loved the clean textures and the abundance of blue. That is all.

P.s. I hope this build and the upcoming API additions make for a happier and larger community for you folks.
  • valkjurivalkjuri Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151387Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited June 2013
    Hugh wrote: »

But your underwear was surely bright orange! (Unless you want to tell us that you didn't wear any.)
    CrushaK wrote: »

But your underwear was surely bright orange! (Unless you want to tell us that you didn't wear any.)

Awkward!
  • OgraitOgrait Join Date: 2012-10-29 Member: 164306Members
    Runteh wrote:
    Also, whoever made docking originally. I really loved the clean textures and the abundance of blue.

Dopefish?

slzL5oq.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, Dopefish. Docking is basically my favourite map (visually), and most people I spoke to whilst playing in the beta were not too keen with the visual appearance of the areas that have been changed. I don't think it was the final pass, but the clean art set worked really well, and the lighting (esp in courtyard) is really bleaching everything out.
  • DangermazzDangermazz Join Date: 2013-04-11 Member: 184737Members
    Not only am I now travelling at lightspeed with this patch but it looks to me it's EVEN faster than the beta version?! 30 fps gain! This is amazing!
    Lol, really? What is your spec? Might have to give it ANOTHER try.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2013
    Dangermazz wrote: »
    Not only am I now travelling at lightspeed with this patch but it looks to me it's EVEN faster than the beta version?! 30 fps gain! This is amazing!

It is quite possible it may be faster than the beta version on some systems, due to some extra work by fsfod.
    edited June 2013
    Who is this Wizard? Also, will the OpenGL and D3D changes make a big difference? You PTs most know?
  • ma$$a$$terma$$a$$ter Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165651Members

ohhh, Hugh... tisk tisk...

super_troopers_frontcover_small_ir7gXiQVshSh3yv.jpg
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members

Zefram wrote: »

for shame sir... for shame.
  • MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    ma$$a$$ter wrote: »

Meow!
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    MMZ_Torak wrote: »

Meow!

who wants a mustache ride?
  • ma$$a$$terma$$a$$ter Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165651Members
    MMZ_Torak wrote: »

Meow!

Meow you knock that off, ya hear, you knock it off right meow!