Will fastswitch and mousewheel ever be implemented in ns 2?

2»

Comments

• bongofishbongofish Join Date: 2003-08-17 Member: 19893Members
    derWalter wrote: »
    bongofish wrote: »
    derWalter wrote: »
    how long will it take em to censor by deleting my statement.

I doubt they are concerned. It's not like you are important enough for anyone to care what you say.

i really have to agree to your arguments, that was a real nice counter to my statement.

oh, sorry, you didn't bring arguments, you just insulted me on a personal level.

That is an F young sir/lady - sit down!

I didn't insult you. I simply pointed out that you are not important enough for them to hunt down and kill your post. You're not a journalist or a respected game developer, you're just some guy with a persecution complex bitching on the internet. None of that is an insult, it's a description. If you don't like being described this way, then don't BE this way. Simple really.

Also, your post is still here. I am right, you were wrong. Deal with it.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    Pheus wrote: »
    dragonmith wrote: »
    However, mousewheel bind might never be put in, because of bunnyhopping or something.

which is pretty ineffective, because anyone who cares enough can just use their gaming mouse's software to link mwheeldown to spacebar (or any other key)

Or X-Mouse Button Control, a third party software that can replace any mouse button input with any keybind or macro. I presently use this to disable my scroll wheel entirely in NS2, to prevent accidentally weapon swapping.
  • kk20kk20 Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164592Members
    Xmouse cant 'toggle' keys though which would help do a last weapon bind. Autoit scripts can but that is in the realm of potential 'hacking' territory
  • AV_UltimaAV_Ultima Join Date: 2008-05-31 Member: 64367Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    SteveRock wrote: »
    We'll add in quick weapon-switch next patch.

Great! Now I have to make room on my binds... :P
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation

Any way we could get an option to inverse the mouse wheel function even if you do not let us use it for binds. It is annoying needing to use autohotkey just to inverse the mouse wheel.

• remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    How about a "follow me!" bind? I always had mouse4 bound to lastinv, and Q bound to impulse 7. Even more useful than health/ammo request binds. :)
  • SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    edited May 2013
    ZEROibis wrote: »

Any way we could get an option to inverse the mouse wheel function even if you do not let us use it for binds. It is annoying needing to use autohotkey just to inverse the mouse wheel.

I'll look into it, but if it takes me more than 15 minutes to figure out, I'm gonna consider it not worth it :)
  • DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ZEROibis wrote: »

I'll look into it, but if it takes me more than 15 minutes to figure out, I'm gonna consider it not worth it :)

I think it's worth it no matter how long it takes (almost). The current weapon scroll configuration really is obnoxious, and completely backwards from the majority of FPS games out there. I'm not sure why it was done the way it was in the first place. Scroll down is nearly universal for "Next Weapon" (i.e. Secondary Weapon; i.e. usually a pistol). In NS2, scrolling down once brings out my hatchet. Not cool.

It may seem like a small thing, but it is frustrating considering how much Battlefield 3 I play along with NS2. It's hard for my brain to keep everything straight...

My $0.02.

Blessings,
    Cody
  • kendopekendope Join Date: 2013-04-06 Member: 184663Members
    AV_Ultima said:

Great! Now I have to make room on my binds... :P

yes!! 

• kk20kk20 Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164592Members
    just install x mouse.  Bind MWdown to 1 and MWup to 2 that will switch weapons ignoring the axe.  Or be naughty and bind both to space for mouse wheel BHOP.
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    You must understand that features of such immense complexity and yet of so little consequence cannot be simply added without altering the very mechanics at the very CORE OF NS2!!!! You do not know what you ask!!!
  • TweadleTweadle Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39686Members, NS2 Map Tester
    You damn NS1 vets! Just because it was in NS1, doesn't mean it should be in NS2! NS1 is not NS2!!!
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Unless mwheel is your regular jump button, there's no need to swap to it for bhop, you can do it with the spacebar no problem
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    Tweadle said:
    You damn NS1 vets! Just because it was in NS1, doesn't mean it should be in NS2! NS1 is not NS2!!!
    It should be. ns1 is better
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Yes for both quickswitch\mousewheel.