The Post Your Screenshots Thread!

Comments

• JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members
    edited April 2013
    Rudy.cz wrote: »
    Joseppe wrote: »
    Current Work in Progress:
    ...just good luck with texturing :)

It´s a pain in the ass! ^^ (especially curved surfaces which are crying for realignment)

EDIT: finished the geometry of this part of the techpoint.
    5htvdxM.jpg
  • VonDoomVonDoom Knee deep in the latency Join Date: 2009-10-08 Member: 68989Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Braw that is really cool, I like the gloomy, suggestive feel of those rooms. The small point lights makes it look a little interesting, like the red lights in the ceiling in the upper pic and the blue monitor in the lower picture.

Do you listen to Tool when you are mapping? hehe
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Braw I love that red material work on the third image. Sits really well with the grey.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2013
    Rudy.cz wrote: »
    Current Work in Progress:
    ...just good luck with texturing :)

It´s a pain in the ass! ^^ (especially curved surfaces which are crying for realignment)

EDIT: finished the geometry of this part of the techpoint.

That geometry looks awesome, it looks like some huge industrial cathedral (previous screenies as well), pretty cool indeed! But yeah it just hurts knowing what you have in store in terms of texturing. Them texture tools, egads!
    Not much more done, but this is when you enter the techpoint:
    ET3K2P9.jpg
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    looks great some really interesting architecture but texturing this is going to be an gihtmare and i imagine it will be a dmenading map performance wise? would hate to use a gl on this map on idea where the grenades will bounce lol
    edited April 2013
    Nobody was posting anything since some days, so i will...

Current work-in-progress:
    dQBgcet.jpg
    "visibility blocker" added (when you enter the room from south):
    ytgkeMv.jpg
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    @Joseppe I have to say, your brushwork is quite impressive
  • quazilinquazilin Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9880Members, Contributor, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Mouse wrote: »
    @Joseppe I have to say, your brushwork is quite impressive
    Very hardcore indeed!

edited April 2013
    techpoint: cistern
    current: after some texture work... the techpoint gets a "face" (btw: lightning not finished):
    ovMplmz.jpg

techpoint: lounge
    current: reworking the ceiling (btw: lightning not finished):
    sujEkVo.jpg
  • FunkyFungusFunkyFungus Join Date: 2003-09-09 Member: 20691Members
    waiting for the whole map :p
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    As cool as the geometry and feel of those two areas is. I have no clue how you're going to bring them into one map. They have wildly different styles.
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mouse wrote: »
    As cool as the geometry and feel of those two areas is. I have no clue how you're going to bring them into one map. They have wildly different styles.

Look at Docking
  • EgoGamerEgoGamer Join Date: 2012-06-21 Member: 153536Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited April 2013
    @Mouse If you've never been 'behind the scenes' in a public building then it's pretty much exactly like this. You don't need to make anything look pretty for the staff. ;)

(Edit: Not implying that the Cistern area looks bad, far from it)
  • FunkyFungusFunkyFungus Join Date: 2003-09-09 Member: 20691Members
    edited April 2013
    EKpTUW3l.jpgP5TxJAy.jpgYRrRnj5.jpg

xenoswarm map wip. ... hopfully not forever :P
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    On the second picture wood floor doesnt fit the design...
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    Nice stuff Mendasp, you have to give me the music playlist of your Twitch stream ;)
  • VonDoomVonDoom Knee deep in the latency Join Date: 2009-10-08 Member: 68989Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Joseppe, you are a crazy, crazy man
    edited May 2013
    VonDoom wrote: »
    Joseppe, you are a crazy, crazy man

to be honest... after i finished the ceiling, i really thaught to myself... how stupid am i to put so much work into 1 single location.
    this takes really a lot of time, because the spark editor is easy to use BUT there are (maybe a lot of) comfort options missing.
    but all in all its only a hobby and i dont have a time pressure... maybe i will never release it, just mapping until i am satisfied.

in the end its always a nice feeling, when you finish an architecture idea and this keeps me doing it.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Just testing some treat as one flat geometry texturing and shaping geometry afterwards, not happy about the lines caused by lighting though :(

8702548477_2457c75c82_o.jpg
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    @Kouji_San Use smoothing! Select the line, select 'Make Edges Smooth' under Edit, or just hit [.] Magic happens!
    edited May 2013
    @Kouji_San Use smoothing! Select the line, select 'Make Edges Smooth' under Edit, or just hit [.] Magic happens!
    Well than, that shuts me up (forgot to weld those wall panels :P)

edited May 2013
    finishing the the last parts of the techpoint: cistern...
    j6WYZ1U.jpg
    xsHy26G.jpg
  • angelousangelous Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184073Members, WC 2013 - Silver
    Wow! Going through some post I feel ashamed of showing my first messy attempts at mapping, but I guess practice and criticism are great learning tools
    :D
    These are for my "Mayan" themed Last Stand Map, I would say it's still on prealpha stages (still not sure how to get gorges and onii into the arena)

so, without further ado I present you the current state of ls_palenque

imageimage

I plan on placing the alien start inside the pyramid (it is mostly hollow) and have tunnels (hopefully gorge-sized ones) that end on different parts of the stairs, as well as coming out of the elevated "walls" and into one of the patios (main alien entrances would be the crashed-ship patio, where meds and ammo would be located) as well as the Launch Pad Patio.
    I want to make the Tower the focus of the marine defence, and will probably have more meds and ammo spawn locations on the different levels.
    Of course, most of the crates are there just to paint a picture of obstructions for the marines.
    The original idea was to have a more square and symmetric pyramid for the marines to defend, but in the end I thought it would be too boring for the aliens to just rush upwards like that.
    Also: wasn't sure how to solve the issue of infinite space (other than invisible wall/death trigger) so I created a sphere to surround the arena :D (made with 10° sections on a 20 sided circle... Thanks to Rudy.cz for the tutorials ! )
    edited May 2013
    current work-in-progress: this little piece took hours (had to rework half of the room)

BUT: this part was finished today... (geometry: done, texturing: almost done, lightning: 0%)

btw: if i post to much images... please say something and i will only post (maybe) once a week.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited May 2013
    you're putting so much effort into this map joseppe its mind boggling, you must have some serious free time. Would be a real shame if after all this it isnt usable as a map by the time you get close to finishing i doubt my computer can even load the map up in the editor
  • TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
    @Joseppe Your map looks fantastic :D
    edited May 2013
    *removed* edit: going to answer on next post (with new image)