Natural Selection 2 Build 245 Released - Natural Selection 2

1235789

Comments

  • SecuritySecurity Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33133Posts: 279 Fully active user
    edited April 2013
    Max wrote: »
    You can filter on Combat or other large game changing mods using the "game" filter in the server browser.
    Yep, which overrides sorting by ping.

    Thanks for talking down to me like I'm an idiot though.

    I feel bad for him to have answered you at all.

    Not that anyone at UWE will give a shit, because they already got my money but

    http://i.imgur.com/VoSrTtw.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/QCVLs0z.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/eNjvijt.jpg

    It's hard enough to find a decent(read: Non-stacked and/or troll-filled) game without having to dodge mods.

    Good riddance! And for gods sake, please leave it uninstalled.


    Edit:
    Golden wrote: »
    Oh no, mods that allow server administrators to add votekick, vote random teams, and votemap are ruining your gaming experience.

    This.
    Post edited by Security on
    Regnareb_Necro_Hamlet
  • Vahn_PaktuVahn_Paktu Members, Constellation Join Date: 2002-10-28 Member: 1666Posts: 594 Advanced user
    invTempest wrote: »
    I think people are making this isn't a bigger issue that it really is. With all these people that are against this change why don't people advertise *NOT MODDED* on their servers? Find a server that meets your non-modded standard and favorite it - Problem solved.

    I think people are making this into a bigger issue than it really is. With all these people that are for mods why don't people advertise *MODDED* on their servers? Find a server that meets your modded standard and favorite it - Problem solved.
    Vayhakenspit
  • RegnarebRegnareb Members, NS2 Playtester Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Posts: 424 Advanced user
    Who opened the kids cage once again? They pooped all other the house and are crying over nonsense.
    In NS1, no matter which class you are, you can feel really powerful and a threat to anyone, while being greatly threatened by anyone at the same time.
    In NS2, you just feel crappy against nearly everything, but at the same time, you feel as much crappy when the roles are reversed.

    This is what fun is about, feeling as an asset to the game, and feeling that you can change something.
    Security_Necro_
  • VenatosVenatos Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149762Posts: 217 Fully active user
    well thats it i guess, i sure as hell will not spend my precious little gametime testing out servers until i find a unmodded one. and before you say anything, the official servers are in 9/10 cases full, empty, or to bad ping, so i wont even bother.
    see ya all again when some kind of mod-filter is re-added.
    _Necro_
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Members, Reinforced - Supporter Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Posts: 3,432 Advanced user
    Why does no one know how to print screen ONLY the window you have focused, stop taking unnecessarily large images to incorporate your desktop please!

    Also...I lol'd.
    76561197996992409.png
    Security
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The NetherlandsMembers, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 15,782 Advanced user
     

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

    killer monkeyKouji_San
  • hakenspithakenspit Members Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75300Posts: 944
    CrushaK wrote: »
    hakenspit wrote: »
    NS2 is intended to be played on much larger player counts than the original was and I have played 35 v 35 and its not simply a zerg rush.
    34 LMG's focused on a door make short work of any skulks running through.

    You are putting too much emphasis into "zerg" just because the game has aliens. In large servers are the marines the ones who are zerging because HP doesn't scale with the playercount and we are playing a ranged vs melee team game.

    Just as examples:

    If you put 3 Skulks vs 3 marines, the Skulks can dodge the marine bullets or take a few hits and still get through to the marines to take them out.
    If you put 10 Skulks vs 10 marines, the marines just need to fire in the general direction of the doorway and will have half the Skulks killed before they even get close.

    If you put 3 Skulks vs 3 marines in a Hive attack, those marines can't really sustain fire on the Hive and keep all eggs killed at the same time, giving aliens a chance to respawn and defend.
    If you put 10 Skulks vs 10 marines in a Hive attack, you only need a few marine to take care of any eggs popping up and the rest of the team can shoot the Hive down in no time, since the Hive's HP don't scale according to the number of players.

    Actually your the one who brought up zerg rushes not me.

    I have played on a server with 70+ people so I have seen how the game scales (surprisingly as you get above 40 players aliens start coming back into it).
    The aliens stood just as much chance of taking down the CC early as marines did the hive.

    But again I guess I was playing the game wrong as the server was too big right?
    IronHorse wrote: »
    hakenspit wrote: »
    I just dont understand why they felt it could not wait until both things could happen at once.
    Answer was on page 2:
    Max wrote: »
    Server operators WERE running server side mods like NS2 Stats without their servers showing up as "modded" because they were circumventing the modding system and directly overwriting files. They were doing this because modded servers were stigmatized in the old server browser.

    Directly overwriting files like this causes some problems.

    Sorry I dont see how waiting 2 weeks or so for the detailed view to be added would have been a problem.
    I am not saying we dont need mod'd servers, just that UWE should not have taken a step backwards by removing hte mod before they had an alternative way for people to know if they are going to be joining a mod'd server prior to joining.
    This just simply aggrevates some of the more purist NS fans who would rather play the game as its intended when it was not necessary.

    The stigma with mod'd servers will not be solved by removing the ability to distinguid them...you simply force people to create a manual list of servers they dont want to join.
    People will avoid mod'd servers if they dont like the game play, players, admins etc.
    not everyone likes the idea of random all for example, or the ability to sit playing one map for 8 or 9 rotations (rockthevote extensions).

    The stigma mod'd servers have is a seperate issue to the ability to distinguish them from normal servers.
    cylo233
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Members, Reinforced - Supporter Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Posts: 3,432 Advanced user
    Just posting to say it really pisses me off when people say "zerg rush" in reference to anything but a rush performed by the zerg. If you want to describe a fast rush at the start of a game, call it just that, a rush. A skulk rush, an alien rush, an lmg rush, what ever, just not zerg rush.
    76561197996992409.png
    RapGod
  • hakenspithakenspit Members Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75300Posts: 944
    edited April 2013
    Stupid forum doesn't like editing a post and adding in new quotes...says it cant locate the converstation....see post below...
    Post edited by hakenspit on
  • FarknutFarknut Members Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184065Posts: 82
    edited April 2013
    Oh no, what a shame. Does that mean we won't get treated to more pictures of your tentacle porn desktop background?

    Disgraceful. He's a paying customer who happens to dislike your game due to recent changes. Plenty of us have stopped playing. There is no need for that.

    jorgamundraktokBestProfileName
  • hakenspithakenspit Members Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75300Posts: 944
    Golden wrote: »
    Oh no, mods that allow server administrators to add votekick, vote random teams, and votemap are ruining your gaming experience.

    Actually it can, I might be in the mood to do some skulking or I am feeling lazy and want to go marines.
    Random all removes this ability to choose so I will generally avoid those servers.
    Votemap similarly as it can result in the same map looping through countless rounds of the same map....Dust2 anyone?

    I cant believe how many people are upset about people complaining about a feature being removed that allowed those who liked mods to be able to easily find those servers and those that didn't to be able to avoid.
    personaly I am not a fan the old "headshot", "multi-kill" bs that some mods can bring in.

    UWE should have left the filter button in until they had the detailed view ready to be launched.
    They added it in originally from memory because people couldn't find mod'd servers....now it seem they need to remove it as people are avoiding mod'd servers.
    Just because server admins hacked their way around the yellow tagging dont punish the public who had nothing to do with this and avoided mod'd servers for a reason (validity of that reason is subjective to the individual).

    Oh no, what a shame. Does that mean we won't get treated to more pictures of your tentacle porn desktop background?
    Really I thought you guys handle youself well in the forums...this response was uncalled for and no benefit comes from it other than perhaps inflamming the situation..
    jorgamundraktok
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Posts: 2,689 admin
    hakenspit wrote: »
    Oh no, what a shame. Does that mean we won't get treated to more pictures of your tentacle porn desktop background?
    Really I thought you guys handle youself well in the forums...this response was uncalled for and no benefit comes from it other than perhaps inflamming the situation..
    It made me laugh (and visit this thread in the first place). :)

    [ Rek | Reklys | remedy | remi.D | blu.knight | Psyke | Sky ]
    I have way too many names.
    pearlykSecuritygreenpee
  • hakenspithakenspit Members Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75300Posts: 944
    Psyke wrote: »
    hakenspit wrote: »
    Oh no, what a shame. Does that mean we won't get treated to more pictures of your tentacle porn desktop background?
    Really I thought you guys handle youself well in the forums...this response was uncalled for and no benefit comes from it other than perhaps inflamming the situation..
    It made me laugh (and visit this thread in the first place). :)
    Really you came in here to see that post?

    UWE normally dont make post that inflame a situation....that one was broderline.

    @ katana If they want to be anything other than an indie company (which I assume they would) then PR is a big part of making that step.
    Even big companies struggle with moderation of the employees comments (EA is a current example), but marginalising even a part of your customer base is a bad idea.

    The critiscism of the change is fair, they removed something before they had the replacement ready.
    We have yet to hear why they felt this had to happen and why it could not have waited until the detailed view was available.
    These are fair points to be raised, whilst it would be the wider forums response that drove frothy to uninstall the subsequent post was simply inflammatory.




    jorgamun
  • XariusXarius Members, Reinforced - Supporter Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Posts: 2,207
    This thread has become quite an amusing one, I see
    Steamname: Unkn0wn Gamename: David Bowie
    YMICrazyNeokenSecuritykiller monkeyBlarney_Stone
  • |strofix||strofix| Members Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Posts: 1,028 Fully active user
    hakenspit wrote: »
    Oh no, what a shame. Does that mean we won't get treated to more pictures of your tentacle porn desktop background?
    Really I thought you guys handle youself well in the forums...this response was uncalled for and no benefit comes from it other than perhaps inflamming the situation..

    Are you incapable of interpreting a joke?

    Security
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Members, Reinforced - Supporter Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Posts: 3,432 Advanced user
    hakenspit wrote: »
    Psyke wrote: »
    hakenspit wrote: »
    Oh no, what a shame. Does that mean we won't get treated to more pictures of your tentacle porn desktop background?
    Really I thought you guys handle youself well in the forums...this response was uncalled for and no benefit comes from it other than perhaps inflamming the situation..
    It made me laugh (and visit this thread in the first place). :)
    Really you came in here to see that post?

    UWE normally dont make post that inflame a situation....that one was broderline.

    @ katana If they want to be anything other than an indie company (which I assume they would) then PR is a big part of making that step.
    Even big companies struggle with moderation of the employees comments (EA is a current example), but marginalising even a part of your customer base is a bad idea.

    It actually makes me like them more than if they had ignored him.

    76561197996992409.png
    SecurityRegnarebgreenpee
  • XaoXao Members Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Posts: 452 Fully active user
    Surprised no one else has posted that ns_tram load screen still has the old map on it, would be a little confusing for some people who don't religiously read patch notes.
  • BoBiNoUBoBiNoU Members Join Date: 2007-12-27 Member: 63274Posts: 133
    I often get kicked at connection because the mod cannot download and I get the error "missing mod".
    That's the reason why I avoid yellow server. Has this been fixed or is it a problem on server side ?
  • BicsumBicsum Members, Reinforced - Gold Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Posts: 1,014 Advanced user
    BoBiNoU wrote: »
    I often get kicked at connection because the mod cannot download and I get the error "missing mod".
    That's the reason why I avoid yellow server. Has this been fixed or is it a problem on server side ?

    I'm not sure what causes this, but it usuall works on the second try.
    Security
  • hozzhozz Members Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Posts: 340 Fully active user
    Xao wrote: »
    Surprised no one else has posted that ns_tram load screen still has the old map on it, would be a little confusing for some people who don't religiously read patch notes.
    I think that's because we got used to it :p
    Many maps have outdated loading screen minimaps (and screenshots as well). Just look at Mineshaft, you see location names of an iteration from before release. Or Refinery.
    Sometimes, the minimap changes from one version to another between the different images (they apparently didn't want to remake the infested screenshots, as those used an older, more bubbly version of infestation which was removed).
    Made a thread about outdated loading screens once, though i missed the wrong minimaps :)
  • hakenspithakenspit Members Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75300Posts: 944
    |strofix| wrote: »
    hakenspit wrote: »
    Oh no, what a shame. Does that mean we won't get treated to more pictures of your tentacle porn desktop background?
    Really I thought you guys handle youself well in the forums...this response was uncalled for and no benefit comes from it other than perhaps inflamming the situation..

    Are you incapable of interpreting a joke?

    Like so many jokes some are considered poor taste.
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    hakenspit wrote: »
    Psyke wrote: »
    hakenspit wrote: »
    Oh no, what a shame. Does that mean we won't get treated to more pictures of your tentacle porn desktop background?
    Really I thought you guys handle youself well in the forums...this response was uncalled for and no benefit comes from it other than perhaps inflamming the situation..
    It made me laugh (and visit this thread in the first place). :)
    Really you came in here to see that post?

    UWE normally dont make post that inflame a situation....that one was broderline.

    @ katana If they want to be anything other than an indie company (which I assume they would) then PR is a big part of making that step.
    Even big companies struggle with moderation of the employees comments (EA is a current example), but marginalising even a part of your customer base is a bad idea.

    It actually makes me like them more than if they had ignored him.

    Would have made themselves look more profesional had they just ignored him.

    He clearly has decided he no longer wants to play the game and was leaving...no sense in baiting him back now is there?

    It has actually diminished my view on the dev team who have through out the whole process rather graciously put up with all our sh1t and been able to rise above it.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributorMembers, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Posts: 8,193 admin
    @hakenspit you've stated your disagreement, read that more is being planned, been given a reason, reason wasn't sufficient enough for you, so now you want what exactly?...
    QUOTE (Techercizer @ Feb 3 2012, 10:47 AM) »
    Every time you ask for troubleshooting without providing system info, ATI adds a rendering bug for an upcoming game.

    When you feel you need to be rude or angry about a game, just read these links and remember what role you are playing:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_disinhibition_effect
    http://www.eldergame.com/2008/06/taming-the-forum-tiger/
    Security
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Members Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Posts: 1,123
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @hakenspit you've stated your disagreement, read that more is being planned, been given a reason, reason wasn't sufficient enough for you, so now you want what exactly?...

    i guess he wants UWE to be more like EA and activision. all patches should be released as DLC and the aliens should be changed to middle-east insurgents. because people buy like killing terrorists!
    IronHorseSecurity
  • RegnarebRegnareb Members, NS2 Playtester Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Posts: 424 Advanced user
    edited April 2013
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @hakenspit you've stated your disagreement, read that more is being planned, been given a reason, reason wasn't sufficient enough for you, so now you want what exactly?...
    This.
    Seriously, this thread is "hilarious". You already complained through a lot of pages now just to poop the same thing all over again and again, while everything has been explained to you with some good responses.
    What do you want more? Stop crying and acting like infurious and stupid kids and MOVE ON!


    If you don't want to be treated badly, don't act like it.
    In NS1, no matter which class you are, you can feel really powerful and a threat to anyone, while being greatly threatened by anyone at the same time.
    In NS2, you just feel crappy against nearly everything, but at the same time, you feel as much crappy when the roles are reversed.

    This is what fun is about, feeling as an asset to the game, and feeling that you can change something.
    Security
  • SecuritySecurity Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33133Posts: 279 Fully active user
    Oh no, what a shame. Does that mean we won't get treated to more pictures of your tentacle porn desktop background?

    Thanks, this made my day. icon_biggrin.gif

  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Posts: 2,601 mod
    Farknut wrote: »
    Oh no, what a shame. Does that mean we won't get treated to more pictures of your tentacle porn desktop background?
    Disgraceful. He's a paying customer who happens to dislike your game due to recent changes. Plenty of us have stopped playing. There is no need for that.

    If it was any other developer, I might have agreed with you. However, Max has done his best explaining why this change was made. UWE is very transparent about what they're doing and why.

    In my opinion one of the better features of UWE: they remain human. After everything that happened in this thread, frothy's reaction was.. I think "childish" fits the best.

    A bit of humor suits the situation just fine. We're all human after all, aren't we?

    As for the changes, it's a step in the right direction by my book. Things will only get better when we can see mods pre-game, but as has been made clear, this is in the making.
    SecurityRegnarebIronHorse
  • -WildCat--WildCat- Cape Town, South AfricaMembers, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2008-07-19 Member: 64664Posts: 131 Fully active user
    Farknut wrote: »
    Oh no, what a shame. Does that mean we won't get treated to more pictures of your tentacle porn desktop background?

    Disgraceful. He's a paying customer who happens to dislike your game due to recent changes. Plenty of us have stopped playing. There is no need for that.

    No dude. He deserved that response because he was being melodramatic about the whole thing. I mean, seriously - posting a series of screenshots showing how he uninstalled the game? Come on, guy.

    *gasp!*
    How very DARE you! I shall uninstall your video game and stomp my feet loudly as I leave!
    wildcat-spray-sig-red-75_zpsaa169b67.png
    SecurityRegnarebIronHorseSolaris
Sign In or Register to comment.