How about a "light HUD" that could be allowed by the NSL Consistency check?!

13»

Comments

• fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    Except, if the purpose of cheating is to gain an advantage, then both sides cheating negates the fundamental problem. More likely is that neither side is cheating, but don't want to go through the hassle of using the current demo recording system. There are obviously rules that teams shouldn't be able to waive (such as refusing to play a team or playing on a map not on the official list), but if NSL is primarily for and by comp NS2 teams, it seems reasonable to allow them to waive some rules if both sides agree.
    Drug tests are such a hassle. Professional cyclists should totes be allowed to agree not to do them.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited April 2013
    Those work properly (most of the time), unlike the demo system. It's been a while since the release and neither the demo system or the consistency checking for dedicated servers has been looked at. Two things fundamental for leagues.

I think the only current servers with the client files (for full consistency checking) are the HBZ ones.
  • BrainmaggotBrainmaggot Join Date: 2012-09-03 Member: 157535Members
    This looks like some great stuff.

I wholeheartedly agree with the idea that someone needs to mod and that others need to use it before a feature will be included in the game. Just complaining and waiting doesn't do much good.

I wonder if there will be an option to get rid of rupture and gorge spit visual effects. Hell, how about all similar visual clutter that imo shouldn't even come close to entering a competetive FPS game? I'd be such a happy gamer :)