EXO SUITS, Where do the legs go!?

LagLightLagLight Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149708Members
Is it just me..or do Marines need to be cut off from the waist in order to fit into the exo suit.

I originally thought the Marine's legs were contained within the Exo's thighs, ending at the knee joints. But after looking closely at where the pelvis and the torso of the Exo connect, I cant really see how a marine could physically fit in there. The Exo's waist has a great deal of empty space and 90 degree angles that would make it almost impossible for a marine to sit and move without breaking all his bones.

The only way I could see a marine fitting in this thing would be for the marine to have his Knees up against his chest in a squat style sitting position, but that would just be super uncomfortable in my opinion.

Anyone else think this is weird... Maybe the removal of marine legs is the reason why we cant 'disembark' from an EXO suit currently! Or maybe Marines are not alive at all and are made out of nanites and have detachable legs! That would also explain why all the marines look and sound the same and crumble away into blueprint style special effects when they die..

Its a conspiracy!

Comments

• CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    They cut off the Marines legs. That is why they die when the Exosuit gets destroyed.
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The marines don't go into the Exo suit, they open up a little hatch in the Proto Lab and jump inside that cylinder and remote control the Exo... *x-files music*
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    In a future where teleportation and reincarnation by reading digitalized genetic data and 3d-printing it (infantry portals?) are accomplishable, I'm sure it's possible to transfer only the marines brain into a metallic vessel. So, it's basically like in Psychonauts: One big tank with a brain in the center.

That was easy. The real mystery is: why is it called ExoSUIT?!
    Where are the Exodicky, Exotopper and Exocane to go with my moustache mod?! UWE, get off your lazy bums and do something about it!
  • LagLightLagLight Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149708Members
    |strofix| wrote: »
    There are miniature phase gates at the bottom of the cockpit. If you go into the secret room on any map while the marine team has exos, you will see several marine bottom halfs just dangling from the roof.

Oh %$*#, there is a babbler in the pants room!

• |strofix||strofix| Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Members
    In a future where teleportation and reincarnation by reading digitalized genetic data and 3d-printing it (infantry portals?) are accomplishable, I'm sure it's possible to transfer only the marines brain into a metallic vessel. So, it's basically like in Psychonauts: One big tank with a brain in the center.

Where are the Exodicky, Exotopper and Exocane to go with my moustache mod?! UWE, get off your lazy bums and do something about it!

Marines are not cloned and they aren't "reincarnated" upon death. I don't care what the special edition manual says. UWE is wrong.

• KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter

Marines are not cloned and they aren't "reincarnated" upon death. I don't care what the special edition manual says. UWE is wrong.

Now, now, that was my personal deduction of hwo things work, not an official statement. And I'm RIGHT.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    No no no no no, you have it all wrong. The reason Exos are like this is because [REDACTED]. It's pretty simple.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Ironsoul wrote: »
    No no no no no, you have it all wrong. The reason Exos are like this is because [REDACTED]. It's pretty simple.

Your wrong. Not [REDACTED], its [REDACTED]...

In the future, prosetics are equal or better to natural human limbs. In shelling out for an exo, a marine removes everything exept for his torso and head, and pilots the suit using nero-kinnectics.

• NammNamm Join Date: 2011-12-08 Member: 137116Members
    Soylent Green is Marine's legs.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well, this thread got weird fast.
  • RippsyRippsy Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 179921Members
    You can see in the trailer for NS2 the Exo suit visor opening up to show a marine inside it - so I'm going to have to go with they detach the legs to allow nervous system combination to assist with advanced movement of the Exo suit armour
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    I think you just found out why you can't leave an exo while playing :)
  • FLuXFLuX Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11633Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    The legs have always bothered me beyond any belief... but I guess it was a design decision as wielded out I always am looking at exo and thinking about it EVERY game. >_>
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    lol... my theory is that the marines are shrunk down to 1/2 size to fit inside an exosuit.

when an exo is destroyed, you should be able to pop out as an unarmed midget marine with a melee attack.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I was thinking more of Monty Python...

"I'll bite yer legs off!"
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    There are miniature phase gates at the bottom of the cockpit. If you go into the secret room on any map while the marine team has exos, you will see several marine bottom halfs just dangling from the roof.

... and when the Exosuit explodes, a blodied lower half falls on the floor of that secret room. Secret room janitor is the highest paying job in the whole TSF Marine force. No one wants to do the job. That's why all the exos explode on destruction, to prevent skulks jumping through the phase gate and gnawing on the hanging marine legs in the secret room. That's also why marines cannot exit the exo, because an unguarded PG to the secret room is too great a security vulnerability.

TSF - implementing sophisticated designs to spin people's brains in confusion. Join TSF today - we need your legs hanging from a glowing portal too!
  • godriflegodrifle Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58815Members
    Bump to get an official statement
  • eliotmateliotmat Join Date: 2002-12-01 Member: 10350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Where do the pees and poos go?
  • OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    eliotmat wrote: »
    Where do the pees and poos go?

Recycled by nanites and turned into bullets for the exo.
  • thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
    TSF exo has gone full Borg. Marines are reduced to a head with a neuromechanical spine and attached to a vastly superior robotic body.

Never go full Borg. Buy a jetpack.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    It's like a dragoon/immortal... except that the TSF guys don't wait to be mortally wounded first because exosuits are so cool that they chop their own legs off for the chance to ride in one.
    Narfwak wrote: »
    It's like a dragoon/immortal... except that the TSF guys don't wait to be mortally wounded first because exosuits are so cool that they chop their own legs off for the chance to ride in one.

But in the end, its not that big of a deal. Because medical science is so far advanced that scientists are able to clone a copy of your own legs and surgically reattach them after the exo returns from battle.
  • Madd0gMadd0g Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176116Members
    Possible explanations:
    1)1 out of 15 dead marines is taken to a lab,wierd things are done to it's body and similar to robocop it is bounded with the suit.
    2)They hire marine midgets specialy for this job.
    3)They use trained monkeys?
    4)13y old kids pilot the suits remotly.
    5)Skynet is controlling them.We are all doomed,EXO judjement day is coming!
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Ohnojojo wrote: »

But in the end, its not that big of a deal. Because medical science is so far advanced that scientists are able to clone a copy of your own legs and surgically reattach them after the exo returns from battle.

"Nah man, phase gates are harmless. Your soul comes through with you! Honest."
    Ohnojojo wrote: »

"Nah man, phase gates are harmless. Your soul comes through with you! Honest."

"Thats totally not just a carbon copy of you with your memories while the real you actually died. I swear."
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Madd0g wrote: »
    Possible explanations:
    4)13y old kids pilot the suits remotly.

This is absolutely 100% verifiably true.

The only marines I hear calling out for exos over voice comms are 13 year old kids :)