DAK Server Admin Mod

Comments

• xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hard to say whats happened without being able to see the logs, i would suggest downloading the most recent version first tho. Had you edited the DAKConfig at all when that started?

For the browser popup - that requires a client side portion of the mod (well actually it may not anymore, let me look into this).
  • mcghiddensnipermcghiddensniper Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182677Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Hi Dragon first off I have to say thanks for the hard work you've put into the mod. I am enjoying working with it but I'm having a few issues.

I have 2 servers running DAK admin one one installed via the workshop mod id's and the other was installed loading the DAKLoader_server.lua file in server.lua. Both are running and map vote and the standard motd works good. Unfortuanly most of the sv_ admin commands do not work. All of the commands are in the in the config/serveradmin.json file. One example is if I try kicking a player it says "Player has been kicked" but it doesn't actually kick them. I'm puzzled because sv_kick and ban ect. was working before the install.

My second question is when I tried editing the lang/Default.json file nothing seems to save. Initially it saves and I re-open and everything is there however once I restart the server and look back in there it's all reverted back to the standard message. This was only tested on my server loaded with DAKLoader_server.lua. I have not tried it with the one loaded from the mod id's.

Thanks
    Sniper
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Derf theres a bug that would cause those commands to fail - ill fix that asap.

For languages, I think i need to make the process clearer :<.

Basically, Default.json is the file which contains all of the messages currently used by DAK and any loaded plugins. Its generated anew every map change, so that any new plugins would also get their strings generated. Its basically designed to be the fallback incase there are strings missing in any custom langauges, or the default if nothing is changed. If you want to create custom messages, or multiple languages, you will want to read the below:

You will want to copy Default.json and rename it to EN (or whatever language you want) .json. From there you would edit the messages in that file. If you plan to only have one language and just want some custom messages, its easiest to name that file EN.json, as the default config in DAK will load that language if it exists, and use it as the default for any users. If you want to support multiple languages (probably no one currently does TBH, but meh), then you would also need to edit the DAKConfig, adding all your languages to the kLanguageList, and changing kDefaultLanguage if necessary (this is the language all users who do not change/configure their language will use).

I hope that explains the language system better.

• FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have 2 servers running DAK admin one one installed via the workshop mod id's and the other was installed loading the DAKLoader_server.lua file in server.lua. Both are running and map vote and the standard motd works good. Unfortuanly most of the sv_ admin commands do not work. All of the commands are in the in the config/serveradmin.json file. One example is if I try kicking a player it says "Player has been kicked" but it doesn't actually kick them. I'm puzzled because sv_kick and ban ect. was working before the install.

We reinstalled DAK today on our server. We can kick and ban via console fine now. You may find removing baseadmincommands from kpluginslist, and additionally removing its entries from DAKconfig might help you in the mean time.

Thanks for all your hard work here xDragon. Much appreciated. Question for you: I'm trying to get enhancedlogging functional. I can't seem to locate the enhanced log file or subdirectory where I want it. Here's the entry from my DAKconfig file:
    },
    	"EnhancedLogging": {
    	  "kLogWriteDelay": 10
    	  "kServerTimeZoneAdjustment": -8
    	  "kEnhancedLoggingSubDir": /DAKlogs/
    	}
      }

Any ideas?
    You would want to enter just DAKLogs for kEnhancedLoggingSubDir, you do not need to include any slashes. They should get created in the config_path/kEnhancedLoggingSubDir folder.
  • Florp_IncarnateFlorp_Incarnate Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3045Members
    Thank you for the info about lang json files above. I recommend that you copy that post into the github documentation page, as I was stuck on why EN.json was not generating for a while today until I saw your forum post above.

Additionally, documentation on baseadmincommands would be appreciated, as Faust mentioned above, we have removed that from our server for 2 reasons:
    1) Who knows what it does anyway
    2) A lot of console commands were not working at all, so we removed it to troubleshoot
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks for the response xDragon. I actually did have the subdirectory without the slashes, but it didn't work. I realized I didn't list it in kpluginslist. Sorry! I actually had to revert to our dakconfig without the enhanced logging entries, as it was causing the entire config to revert to default, which enabled baseadmincommands, which caused the bug mcghiddensniper is encountering (people not being kicked by console even when console says there were kicked).
  • TechnIckSTechnIckS Join Date: 2007-01-14 Member: 59616Members
    Odd... I only have 1 mod (DAK) and every time the game ends (almost every time) i get the red plug of death and server hangs for a few minutes - anyone else have this issue? There are 0 errors in the logs.
    The error with kick/ban/switchteam etc commands should be fixed now, along with a couple other small bugs. The baseadmincommands plugin is designed to replace the default admin commands, and either extends or offers additional functionality/logging.

Regarding the red plug on round end, its hard to say that theres anything DAK could do to cause that - have you tried having net_stats open to see if there is anything that spikes when it occurs?
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    edited February 2013
    since build 239 of NS2 automapcycle plugin is not working for me. Anyone else notice any odd behavior with it? I have changed nothing except the NS2 build.

EDIT*** since using latest build of DAK it is working. disregard my above post
    So, I have received some complaints on our community server from users being kicked via the res slot system when they've been commanding in a game for a while, jump out of the chair to do something quick and are unlucky enough to get kicked due to them having no score. Is there a way to set up the kicking system to kick a player who has been playing on the server for the shortest time as opposed to the player with the lowest score?
    Theres no way to get connection time from the engine IIRC, but i added a way via lua in the new version of DAK, which i am uploading to GitHub right now. Its used by the reserveslot plugin instead of score, and also shows under sv_status. There are quite a few changes in this version, and you will need to re-do your config (best to rename the old one).

This also changes how DAK loads so it should be more compatible with other mods, and also allows for certain events to work with better precision (client connect/disconnect).
    Theres no way to get connection time from the engine IIRC

Steam does manage to do this if you right click a friend playing NS2 on a server, and click on "view server info."

This update sounds interesting. I'll probably install it tomorrow in the afternoon. Thanks for all your hard work!
  • gH0sTygH0sTy Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182727Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Getting tons of these logs with the latest version
    [Server] Script Error #10647: lua/base/serveradmin.lua:354: attempt to get length of field 'connectedclients' (a nil value)
    Uploaded a fix for that error, I should also note that DAK needs to be loaded much earlier in the server load process now:

* On line 9, add the line `Script.Load("lua/base/server.lua"), it should be before the line decoda_name = "Server"`
  • SidderSidder Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176034Members
    "kDontRepeatFor": 4"

Is it some kinda check played this map 4 minutes ago wont cycle to that or? Cause at the moment on my server i see alot of times one map gets back voted which is top of cycle and then we play its next map in cycle again.

which sometimes Id rather avoid
    ordinarily that would control how long before a map can appear in the rotation again. Since NS2 has so few maps however it adds those maps back in to reach the total number of maps per vote, which is also configurable.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    How do you change the MOTD and other messages? I saw them all stored in default.json, but changes in there did nothing.

edit, nevermind
    You will want to copy Default.json and rename it to EN (or whatever language you want) .json. From there you would edit the messages in that file. If you plan to only have one language and just want some custom messages, its easiest to name that file EN.json, as the default config in DAK will load that language if it exists, and use it as the default for any users. If you want to support multiple languages (probably no one currently does TBH, but meh), then you would also need to edit the DAKConfig, adding all your languages to the kLanguageList, and changing kDefaultLanguage if necessary (this is the language all users who do not change/configure their language will use).

edited February 2013
    Getting this error if I want to change the map http://www.gitpaste.com/paste/1129/
    If I disable DAK I can change the map via the Web Admin

EDIT:
    Well removing baseadmincommands did the trick and mapchanges work now but I'm having problems with the random vote.
    The vote doesn't reset after a round was played and just gives you the message that you've already voted for random.
    On a successful vote it says that it will restart the round, even though the round was already over, people will not be randomized into the teams and the vote will be reset so you can vote for random again... this will happen over and over.
    Here are my settings:
    "voterandom": {
    "kVoteRandomInstantly": true,
    "kVoteRandomMinimumPercentage": 50,
    "kVoteRandomAlwaysEnabled": false,
    "kVoteRandomChatCommands": [ "voterandom", "random" ],
    "kVoteRandomDuration": 30,
    "kVoteRandomOnGameStart": false
    },

And here's another error:
    [Server] Script Error #1: lua/base/serveradmin.lua:398: attempt to call global 'GetClientMatchingSteamId' (a nil value)
    [Server] Script Error #3: lua/base/serveradmin.lua:381: attempt to call global 'GetClientMatchingSteamId' (a nil value)
    edited February 2013
    Hmmm ill fix those errors along with a couple others here shortly, but for the voterandom plugin, if kVoteRandomInstantly is true then when the vote passes, the plugin should readyroom everyone, reset the round and then random the teams. If the round was over or starting, all that should happen is everyone gets readyroomed for a split second, then assigned randomly to a team. Is that not happening?

As another note, if your looking to have random work on a timed basis (when the vote passes random teams are enabled for X minutes, only affecting new rounds), you would want to change kVoteRandomInstantly to false, and then adjust the duration if needed.
    xDragon wrote: »
    If the round was over or starting, all that should happen is everyone gets readyroomed for a split second, then assigned randomly to a team. Is that not happening?
    Nope, nothing happened so everyone voted random again, we got that "round will reset" message and still nothing happened.
    As another note, if your looking to have random work on a timed basis (when the vote passes random teams are enabled for X minutes, only affecting new rounds), you would want to change kVoteRandomInstantly to false, and then adjust the duration if needed.
    Well that was my setting before but it didn't reset after the end of a round so the teams got randomed again a few seconds after the round was over.
    Looks like the randomvotes don't reset on round end.

Published an update to GitHub to fix those errors, and cleaned up a lot of the server admin messages (hopefully). I tested the random plugin and it worked for me, by chance did the people you were testing with all have admin? There is a fake admin command (sv_dontrandom) which grants immunity from team randoms.
  • CoTTonCoTTon Join Date: 2005-02-28 Member: 42773Members
    Any way to make the scrolling messages stay longer?

seems to be like 2 -3 secs then it's gone

Thanks
    Not really, since its based on the chat system. It should last ~5-6 seconds tho.
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    Published an update to GitHub to fix those errors, and cleaned up a lot of the server admin messages (hopefully). I tested the random plugin and it worked for me, by chance did the people you were testing with all have admin? There is a fake admin command (sv_dontrandom) which grants immunity from team randoms.

Thanks for the work on this, uploading to my server right now :)

edited February 2013
    So I got a complaint from a user that the server is sometimes locking at 9/19 players, instead of 18/19. I myself only have seen it happen once a few weeks ago. I restarted the server to fix the issue. Here's a screenshot:

LOKnXG1.png

I know we've discussed this before, but I wanted to clarify: Could this be due to client disconnects not actually triggering the disconnect event, causing DAK to think the server still has 18 players connected? Is there any changes I can make to address this issue? Has there been any adjustments to DAK in the last couple of builds to address this issue? Would updating fix the issue?

Disclaimer: the version of DAK we are running is a couple builds old or so.
    Hmmm well this is not the first time I have heard of this, so it may very well be the disconnect event not triggering correctly, or an issue with the builtin server function to get the current number of people playing. I think I am going to revert that option as I am suspicious it is causing some issues. I need to update the workshop build, which I am planning on doing tonight. My only concern currently is that it will break the configs that everyone has currently, as some headings and such have changed.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Would it be possible for this mod to have a preset that overrides the com requirement and just starts the game regardless after X time has passed since players joined a team?
    Yea its definitely possible to have a mod that can overrides the comm requirements. Probably something I can add before i publish an update tonight.
    Updated github with some fixes and also some additions. It also includes the option to set a override time for when the game will start as long as there is a player on each team like before.