11th Post-Launch Update Released! - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• StriderNS2StriderNS2 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175867Members
    -reduced Gorge spit damage from 40 to 30.

"Really? Why even bother fixing the Gorge spit if you're just gonna nerf the damage. Fail.
  • nSidianSidia Join Date: 2012-08-15 Member: 155651Members
    I really hate that you guys removed the parasite sound effect. 4 real bring is back!
  • SkackySkacky Join Date: 2005-06-05 Member: 53189Members
    Not sure if this is known or not: you can place a building in the pillars in Flow Control. If you put an IP there marines spawn inside the pillar:

BhRMuPEl.jpg
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Good patch overall however I encountered insane FPS drops on docking for some reason (in the early game my FPS drops from 80-100 down to <40 in stability monitoring). I assume it was something in the patch as I don't think the map has been changed?
  • BurdockBurdock Join Date: 2012-08-27 Member: 156553Members
    ~O) ~O) ~O) **** yeah, emoticons !!

Anywho good patch! and super stoked for the next one ;)
  • VitdomVitdom Join Date: 2012-04-30 Member: 151345Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    \:D/ READYROOM JETPACKS! \:D/
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    READYROOM JETPACKS ^:)^ ^:)^ \:D/ :)>- :x <:-P <:-P B-) ^:)^
  • fleetcommandfleetcommand Hungary Join Date: 2010-05-20 Member: 71809Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    I love the sound level fixes, now that the game sound volume is independent from the voice chat volume the in-game voice chat became useful. Been waiting for this for a long time. Worth the wait :)
  • MavickMavick Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 168138Members
    Server performance has went to poop in this update for some reason :(
  • FieldsFields Join Date: 2013-01-27 Member: 182463Members
    I love how much you are all working @ UWE to continually improve the game post-release. Thanks <3
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Mavick do you have any helpful info on that matter? comparison graphs, profile shots? something to work off of?
    thanks man
  • mastrolindomastrolindo Join Date: 2012-12-15 Member: 175166Members
    Thank you very much UWE. We love you for the love you are putting into this.

One quick suggestion for the ARCS:
    I still feel they require too much micro management compared to anything else in the game. I propose the following changes:

1)no deploy/undeploy button. The arc automatically deploys (with the same animation/time that takes now) whenever it stops in a spot for 5-10 seconds. If you issue a move order to the ARC and it is currently deployed, it automatically undeploys (with the same animation/time it takes now).
    2)possibility to queue arc&mac construction in the robotics factory

Change n1 would not really alter the gameplay since an arc would require exactly the same amount of time to shoot/move as before. It would just remove the annoying part of deploying/undeploying, especially when you have 5-6 arcs and you need to check that they are all deployed correctly. Honestly that doesn't add anything to the game and could be easily avoided with the suggested change
    Change n2 avoids the really annoying need to go back to the arc factory every 20 seconds and send a new build command. And if you are afraid of more arc spamming in this way you shouldnt be: arc should be limited by the resources available, not by making the interface difficult to use.

for the rest: thanks for everything!
  • culpritculprit Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33527Members, Constellation
    Balance seems better from the few games I've played so far. I'm guessing the Random Number Generator spread issue may have had an impact on hit reg and general marine aiming. It definitely feels better for me playing as a marine. We will have to see what the stats show after a week.
  • SataniacSataniac Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158862Members
    This patch is full of awesomeness! :D
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    Why remove the parasite hit sound effect? I don't use the point pop ups, a lot more difficult to distinguish a hit now. It was a satisfying sound too. Minimal infestation looks completely messed up still too.
  • LonewulfzaLonewulfza Join Date: 2013-01-21 Member: 180951Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Woah! Awesome changes and fixes!! Thank You very much!! Can we expect an upgrade to the server browser and Server queing any time soon?
  • KilledByDeathKilledByDeath Join Date: 2012-12-26 Member: 176308Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    PATCH INTRODUCED POSSIBLE GAME BREAKING GLITCH

As of 238 it's possible for Aliens to have all 6 upgrades, and in the interests of getting it fixed in a timely manner where's what you do:

**EDIT** Please do NOT post exploits on the forums. PM or contact a NS2 Playtester or UWE Dev. Thanks -Obraxis
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    Alot of fantastic changes here. Thanks. :) Especially the comm-helping stuff.
  • PlasmicRedXPlasmicRedX Join Date: 2010-05-07 Member: 71651Members
    edited January 2013
    This website is like a blizzard community site. Pretty cool guys. I was wondering why the NS2 wiki was 404ing on me - I guess that's why. How long until that comes back? Scratch that. Found out the new wiki is coming tomorrow.

Anyway, I love the changes.

I'm currently getting owned by the new shotgun as aliens though.

I was on the ceiling on generator and a marine on the ground next to the generator killed me pretty quick with a shotgun - so the change is quite a big deal if it can allow marines to do something they never could have done previously. So adapting to the new shotgun is going to be pretty difficult.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    Removing the celerity mess is excellent, shouldn't stop there. Low HP effects next! Gorge spit vision block after that! With the map blur somewhere in the mix.
  • 3del!3del! Join Date: 2009-05-11 Member: 67386Members
    Blocked small vents in Topographical - This must have been the most annoying room in NS2. Thanks for fixing it.

Cysts now “redeploy” instead of enforcing a minimum placement distance between existing Cysts. - What does that mean?
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    3del! wrote: »
    Cysts now “redeploy” instead of enforcing a minimum placement distance between existing Cysts. - What does that mean?

Basically, instead of preventing you from placing a new cyst too close to an existing one, the old one is absorbed back into the infestation when the new one is dropped.
  • GoE_NiGoE_Ni Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    The pahse gate lines will save my sanity. When playing with a com that places 6 gates it often got confusing. Sometimes it would have been faster to run to the place than phasing through 5 gates :-)

As always lots of nice changes.
    The gorge attack was to power full, so I welcome this change too.
    Nothing to complain for now, only waiting for the content patch (Webs ;-) )
  • oMeoMe Join Date: 2004-02-01 Member: 25884Members
    Worst patch ever.
    Who got the idea to give the poor gorge a 12% projectile and a 25% !!!!! dmg nerf?
    Yeah i got some kills as gorge... so what. Little rine tears worked?

I killed alot of gorges since last patch and i got killed alot as gorge since last patch.
    The good thing was that u couldnt just ignore a gorge at range.. now u can almost again.
    An in melee last patch u were able to save ur little gorge if u would manage to hit with every spit.. atleast early/midgame, now dont even bother to try.
    Just reduce the dmg by 100%... make it obvious what u want... gorge racist.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ma$$a$$ter wrote: »
    well 238 has screwed me..
    At about the 4 minute mark I blue screen...

If i can do anything to help UWE track this down, please let me know
    On Thu 1/31/2013 1:00:37 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\013013-10748-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7EFC0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA8001BF7D40, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 1/31/2013 1:00:37 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA8001BF7D40, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 1/31/2013 12:52:29 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\013013-10654-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7EFC0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA8001BF7F80, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    description: NT Kernel & System

On Sun 12/30/2012 6:25:54 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\123012-10202-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x122F)
    Bugcheck code: 0x10E (0x24, 0xFFFFF8A0089FE270, 0xFFFFF8A0090ACF90, 0x0)
    Error: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
    description: Watchdog Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that the video memory manager has encountered a condition that it is unable to recover from.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

It is very unlikely that this error is caused by NS2. Please verify your memory integrity with tools like MemTest. Maybe your hardware is defect.
  • CheesyPetezaCheesyPeteza Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9784Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    BoBiNoU wrote: »
    Great changes !
    Is the afk autokicker in also ?

This was added in the previous build.

It's great to see all these additions from the Google Moderator suggestions being implemented.

Games not starting until there is two commanders will make a massive change for the better in public games.
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    Great work more patches like that....
  • rook2pawnrook2pawn Join Date: 2008-07-03 Member: 64552Members
    READY ROOM JP
    ALL THAT MATTERS
  • SataniacSataniac Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158862Members
    Celerity with bile bomb does not work. Still reduces it to the non-celerity speed of the gorge.
  • BluePhishBluePhish Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24364Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hope to get my hands on 238 tonight!
    Great work so far!