The rise and fall of bunnyhopping

15678911»

Comments

• SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2038228:date=Nov 30 2012, 11:39 PM:name=Lastdon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lastdon @ Nov 30 2012, 11:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038228"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So are you telling me that NS 2 has no improved movement. For example, leap, blink, shadowstep so on. The base movement in the game is fine.

NS2 current problems are really bad performance, bland game play, limited strategies due to the shady rework of NS.

EX.. cloak in NS 1 had limits due to motion tracking. Heavy armors were countered by Onos, Onos were countered by JP's.

Another hugs disconnect was the removal of the HMG which in terms is why the Onos is so hard to balance. For some reason people keeping ignoring these problems and say this is NS 2, disregarding the fact that 80% of the game play was just taken straight from NS 1 with out considering its purpose and how each mechanic had a sort of equilibrium that took years to mature.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Onos were countered by JP, and JP was countered only by marines being unskilled. There was no really workable counter to HMG JPs, they ripped everything in the game to shreds if the players were skilled enough. The problem is that marines have become much more dynamic and interesting with the removal of HMG, but onos haven't quite been balanced out to account for that yet.
  • James1coolJames1cool Join Date: 2005-03-06 Member: 43883Members, Constellation
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2038274:date=Dec 1 2012, 03:51 AM:name=Swiftspear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swiftspear @ Dec 1 2012, 03:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038274"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Onos were countered by JP, and JP was countered only by marines being unskilled. There was no really workable counter to HMG JPs, they ripped everything in the game to shreds if the players were skilled enough. The problem is that marines have become much more dynamic and interesting with the removal of HMG, but onos haven't quite been balanced out to account for that yet.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Erm i played competitive ns1 for over 6 years and faded for the teams i played in, a good fade could kill any JP even when i had 1 hive and only DC. Killing jps takes team work unless your on public then its easy as fade. A jp in the hands of a good player on public will destory but thats vs bad players most probably like yourself.

Also the removal of HMG has now ruined late game for marines and it was a stupid idea to remove it.

By removing bunny hopping Flayra has forgotten what made NS1 great, all he cares about is his wallet getting fatter

Game is already dead in my eyes
  • KovenKoven Join Date: 2007-04-20 Member: 60677Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2038271:date=Dec 1 2012, 03:54 PM:name=bERt0r)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bERt0r @ Dec 1 2012, 03:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038271"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Really no point in discussing with you. If you are not able to recognize this blatent bull###### you have been spewing no one can help you. Posting stupid "hubbadubba oogabooga" stuff is all you can do. You are just sour.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

nah pretty sure you're a ######en idiot mate
  • TweadleTweadle Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39686Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=2038258:date=Dec 1 2012, 07:14 AM:name=bERt0r)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bERt0r @ Dec 1 2012, 07:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038258"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Scriptzor hackzor! hubbadubba oogabooga! You be thinking sun full of hotdogs! I be think banana taste better!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hubba norra, futta waa? Meepnip kooliwooli.
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    edited December 2012
    Apparently this thread has run its constructive course. The end.

<!--coloro:Orange--><span style="color:Orange"><!--/coloro--><sup>*** Locked ***</sup><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
This discussion has been closed.