[Project] NS2 Round based player stats

SintSint Join Date: 2007-01-09 Member: 59540Members, Squad Five Blue
edited March 2013 in Squad Five
Thread has moved to: [url]http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/129495/ns2stats-statistics-for-natural-selection-2#latest[/url]

Comments

• tux77tux77 Join Date: 2012-05-20 Member: 152340Members
    Nice job !!! Thanks
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    Good work, really.

But, why do you not release the files + an "how to" here.
    Sure, this need more testing maybe. But tell me something that dont need testing in ns2 ;)
  • SintSint Join Date: 2007-01-09 Member: 59540Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1951911:date=Jul 16 2012, 02:22 PM:name=dePARA)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dePARA @ Jul 16 2012, 02:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1951911"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Good work, really.

But, why do you not release the files + an "how to" here.
    Sure, this need more testing maybe. But tell me something that dont need testing in ns2 ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Atm website and other stuff is changing pretty rapidly since we are coding them daily. How to guides would get outdated pretty fast and database username and password are hard coded in the code still in java application which is not big deal to change but its not been done yet.

Also it would be possible to keep this simple to install and only require the lua mod + webadmin password. And make some kind of login to our website where you input those and cross server/server based stats would start to be gathered after that. But anyway website source+lua mod+java application(which saves the data) will be available when its beta and does not change that much anymore.
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    this is interesting (and seems well-made, good job on that) but i can already sense a wave of fire approaching this thread, concerning the significance of the stats (KDR in particular)... personally i think this is fine but i hope it is not used as groundwork for other things like recruiting requirements or some sort of matchmaking.

i notice you track "Ragequit(s)" how exactly are those computed?
    <!--quoteo(post=1951960:date=Jul 16 2012, 05:59 PM:name=Laosh'Ra)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laosh'Ra @ Jul 16 2012, 05:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1951960"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->this is interesting (and seems well-made, good job on that) but i can already sense a wave of fire approaching this thread, concerning the significance of the stats (KDR in particular)... personally i think this is fine but i hope it is not used as groundwork for other things like recruiting requirements or some sort of matchmaking.

i notice you track "Ragequit(s)" how exactly are those computed?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We will plan to include all kind of stats we can get so there will be more than there currently are. Ragequits are not working correctly atm. and too much ragequits are being counted. They bug if map changes and data can't be collected. That should get fixed at some point. Logic is simple: if player leaves while round is in ongoing-state and is not back when round ends. Then his stats will be saved while he/she is disconnected so he/she will get one more ragequit. So basicly just normal disconnect during round.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2012
    This project, ensl, and nanogrid should make a baby...

edit: maybe also add livestreams and some kind of global clan pcw scheduler/platform :P
  • LPCLPC Join Date: 2002-04-07 Member: 384Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Sint you should only count rage-quits when the player is on the losing team (point-wise).

quitting when on the winning team is probably a bore-quit :)
    Update. Download for v0.20 alpha is available. Includes 3 ways to install it. More information and download available <a href="http://exertus.q-q.name/?p=570" target="_blank">here</a>.

If you need help with setting it up you can post here, contact me on email(synomi66@gmail.com) or pm Synomi @ Qnet). Basic instructions to install it are included, but they were done pretty fast and I may have forgotten something.
    Update: We got 2 new developers for stats recently. Those are Zeikko and rantology. Zeikko is going to be working on general website stuff and rantology will be our website designer. Also java application will be removed from stats and it will be completely lua + website. Added new directions where stats is heading. We will be testing new version on weekend, so maybe there will be public beta version available pretty soon at end of this week or next week.
    [UPDATE]
    - NS2 Stats is now beta and available for download!
    - We have now dedicated url for stats: www.ns2stats.org!
    - See starter post for more info.
  • fmponefmpone Join Date: 2011-07-05 Member: 108086Members, Squad Five Blue
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2012
    Skill rankings for match making for new players, ala Quakelive, would be amazing down the road..
    Great work!
  • hamham Join Date: 2011-08-31 Member: 119370Members, Constellation
    i think everyone in the community appreciates the work you guys have put into this, awesome contribution
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Looks beast and great work :D!!
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Needs a way to op-out.
    And is sending all the information on round end the best way? Does this need to be centralized across all servers?
    What happens on round end where the map changes automatically afterwords?
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    Why does it need a way to opt-out?
    We were thinking of possibility to hide your personal stats or hide some of them. Which statistics are the one you would like to hide?

Sending the information in the end of the round works fine, not sure if it's the best way though. All the data is sent to our web server where it is queried by the game servers.

There's enough time for the server to send the stats data before the map changes.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just a way to hide your own stats if desired..
  • DarkomicronDarkomicron Join Date: 2010-11-24 Member: 75256Members
    Very slick site, great job!
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Ideas.
    In the serverlist add a [Join game] button.
    When clicking a spesific server i notised the resent rounds - endtime / server box. That box is unnessesary since you are looking for indept details when clicking the servername, not have the servername repeared over and over.

There is actualy less info when clicking on a server from the serverlist.
    Where is the IP, Last map, Current map, Next map, Server admin, Server plugin/mods, Connected players, [Join game] button.

A nice thing i see is that it automaticly detects who the server admins are.
    Why not expand on that? Enable admins to log in and customize "there" server info page, so if they want to show graphs instead of piecharts or the abbility to host there server info on there site. (link to <a href="http://www.ns2stats.org" target="_blank">ns2stats.org</a>)
    Banner sized/signature infografics for linking to a spesific server.
    I randomly google "tf2 server banner" and: <a href="http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/93.182.179.130:27070/" target="_blank">[random server]</a> as a example.

That should be enough to get you started, streesed and overworked for some time to come :P

Happy to help.
    GISP
    Thanks for feedback!

<!--quoteo(post=1964328:date=Aug 17 2012, 01:10 PM:name=GISP)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GISP @ Aug 17 2012, 01:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1964328"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ideas.
    In the serverlist add a [Join game] button.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    We could add join game button if we require admins to input their server port. Atm we don't know how to get it in lua (or maybe its not possible). Anyway we'll add it at some point when we get those server ports.

<!--quoteo(post=1964328:date=Aug 17 2012, 01:10 PM:name=GISP)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GISP @ Aug 17 2012, 01:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1964328"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When clicking a spesific server i notised the resent rounds - endtime / server box. That box is unnessesary since you are looking for indept details when clicking the servername, not have the servername repeared over and over.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It needs more work idd, we need to make it more clear what happens when you click name or date, and change what we show on those pages.

<!--quoteo(post=1964328:date=Aug 17 2012, 01:10 PM:name=GISP)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GISP @ Aug 17 2012, 01:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1964328"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There is actualy less info when clicking on a server from the serverlist.
    Where is the IP, Last map, Current map, Next map, Server admin, Server plugin/mods, Connected players, [Join game] button.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    We'll be adding most of this when we implement live stats. We currently do not know who is playing on server not until round ends. But yes some info can already be added there.

<!--quoteo(post=1964328:date=Aug 17 2012, 01:10 PM:name=GISP)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GISP @ Aug 17 2012, 01:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1964328"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A nice thing i see is that it automaticly detects who the server admins are.
    Why not expand on that? Enable admins to log in and customize "there" server info page, so if they want to show graphs instead of piecharts or the abbility to host there server info on there site. (link to <a href="http://www.ns2stats.org" target="_blank">ns2stats.org</a>)
    Banner sized/signature infografics for linking to a spesific server.
    I randomly google "tf2 server banner" and: <a href="http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/93.182.179.130:27070/" target="_blank">[random server]</a> as a example.
    That should be enough to get you started, streesed and overworked for some time to come :P

Happy to help.
    GISP<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    We currently require that server admins login on ns2stats.org by steam login. Then add new server and get unique key for it. Using this key we can see where the stats are from, even if server name changes or IP. Customized data is already available, thou only a little form (Motd per server). Allowing server admins to create stuff in their server page like links to their homepages could also be nice. But yes we'll think about how much customization options we'll do.

Also thinking that player could modify the info they get on the ns2stats enabled servers. For example when they join a team they will get message from website, so that could be customized per player.

Banners with some info would be nice, could ask rantalogy to make one or two.

Anyway we are adding new staff daily-weekly, so there we'll be more data available as time passes.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited August 2012
    A signature for anyone who wants to help us pimp the site! :>

Put this as your signature:
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->[url="http://ns2stats.org/"][img]http://ns2stats.org/images/signature1.gif[/img][/url]<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

it will look like this vvvvv and link to the site :)
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited August 2012
    The site has had a big polish update today in terms of visuals/design. Mostly everything is in, still one or two things left to be added, but the overall design should be done for the most part. The size of many of the files on there has been significantly reduced so everything should load faster also.

At this point if anyone has any feedback or critique about the graphics/visuals/design/layout or anything else I would love to hear it.
  • NolSinklerNolSinkler On the Clorf Join Date: 2004-02-15 Member: 26560Members, Constellation
    The site seems to have stopped recording statistics over an hour ago.
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    Couple of rounds were missed because of a misconfiguration. It is fixed now and new rounds will be logged again.
    edited August 2012
    [UPDATE]

- Updated NS2Stats lua mod into 0.27. Version is tested to work in build 217!
    - Added research and build order tracking.
    - Added tournament mode for pcw/gather servers.
    - Added new Stats commands.
    - Added votemap command. (includes setting to disable it)
    - Added afk kick. Kicks if player stays still for 120 seconds. Kick is disabled if less than 6 players on server. (Setting to disable is included in config)

<u>Be sure to update every file in lua folder, after that set the keys! Config file has got new options so old config file won't work with new lua version!</u>

New things like research and build order tracking is not available to be seen on website yet, but will come soon.
    [UPDATE]

<b>NS2Stats version 0.28 beta is out! Briefly tested in build 220 without problems.</b>

You can download it at ns2stats.org <a href="http://ns2stats.org/server/admin" target="_blank">My Account</a> page or direct download <a href="http://ns2stats.org/downloads/ns2stats_v0.28.zip" target="_blank">here</a>.

<b>Version includes:</b>

- Added new kind of data posting to ns2stats.org, this should solve issues with missing logs. Also removed secondary posting into another server which was used for testing purposes.
    - Fixed issues with tournament mode that cause data to be lost
    - Added new features to the tournament mode. Now there are no restrictions when joining marines or aliens; marines can have five players while aliens have one. Added auto-cancel if someone in team disconnects during live countdown.
    - Added new commander stats including nanoshields, medpacks, ammopacks etc.
    - Added weapon accuracy, shooting at buildings won’t be count.
    - Added damage done to lifeforms (both teams).
    - Added damage done to buildings.
    - Removed personal stats message when joining a team, we think this was causing too much load on ns2stats.org currently. We will be adding it back later when we get it optimized. You can still use console command ‘stats stats’ to see your personal stats.
    - Optimized weapon change data
    - Fixed a bug that caused the loss of start hive / cc / rt not to be logged

<b><u>Notice:</u></b> Played games won't be showing up at www.ns2stats.org right away. They should start showing up in about 12 hours when site is updated.
  • falcfalc Join Date: 2011-03-18 Member: 87128Members
    It would be cool to have a config setting for the afk-hint and kick period (2 minutes is very short - and i'm too lazy to change the values in the script, everytime there is an update). ;)
  • supsusupsu Join Date: 2012-04-24 Member: 151023Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1980160:date=Sep 19 2012, 02:38 PM:name=falc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (falc @ Sep 19 2012, 02:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1980160"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It would be cool to have a config setting for the afk-hint and kick period (2 minutes is very short - and i'm too lazy to change the values in the script, everytime there is an update). ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There's a variable in RBPSconfig.lua called RBPSafkKickIdleTime that is set to 120, just put it to whatever you like e.g. 300. It's in seconds.
  • falcfalc Join Date: 2011-03-18 Member: 87128Members
    Ah woot, i missed that one ... thanks! :)
  • supsusupsu Join Date: 2012-04-24 Member: 151023Members, Squad Five Blue