[Project] NS2 Round based player stats

Comments

• SintSint Join Date: 2007-01-09 Member: 59540Members, Squad Five Blue
    [UPDATE]

New version 0.29 is available! Please update as soon as possible. Since it contains important bug fixes. Download is available at <a href="http://ns2stats.org/server/admin" target="_blank">www.ns2stats.org</a> My account -> My servers page.

<b>Changelog:</b>

- Tournament mode works again.
    - Added new feature: unstuck. Used with chat command /stuck (or /unstuck). Setting to disable is included in RBPSconfig.lua.
    - Added chat commands for tournament mode: /ready, /notready (also ready, rdy, notready and notrdy works).
    - Fixed issues with normal stats collection which came with last version.
    - Added data reseding to ns2stats.org if part of log fails to get through due temporary connection loss or other problems.
    - Votemap message now also shows map id which was voted.
    - Increased default afk kick time to 3 minutes, also afk kick is disabled if less than 9 players on server (change was in last version but forgot to mention).
  • woodywoody SoCal Woody56 Join Date: 2004-02-14 Member: 26541Members
    Thanks chat command "/stuck" is a great addition as these mappers need more practice lol
    [UPDATE]

Changelog for last 2 smaller versions. Install instructions for workshop (and non workshop) available at <a href="http://ns2stats.org/server/admin" target="_blank">http://ns2stats.org/server/admin</a> page. Using DAK admin mod is needed atm to keep ns2stats loaded when map changes (included in installation instructions).

V0.31 beta in available in workshop. Install instructions at my servers page.
    - Added new scoreboard item: Assists. Players will earn assists if they damage enemy players who die shortly after and they are not the killer.
    - Fixed votemap. Now works with DAK admin mod. Mods will be reloaded if DAK is configured properly.

V0.30.
    - Updated mod to work with build 221
    - Added mod into workshop. Build 221 has some workshop mod issues. You may need to use DAK Loader to use ns2stats on your server.
    - Added new ns2stats_config.json config file. File will be created to default config_path location on server startup if it does not exists.
  • woodywoody SoCal Woody56 Join Date: 2004-02-14 Member: 26541Members
    You have '"kModsReloadList": [ "5f4f178" ,"5fd7a38"]',

posted on your admin page and after a map change ns2stats goes away, syntaxError

This works

"kModsReloadList": [ "5f4f178" ,"5fd7a38"],
    <!--quoteo(post=1988368:date=Oct 8 2012, 11:21 AM:name=woody)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woody @ Oct 8 2012, 11:21 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988368"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You have '"kModsReloadList": [ "5f4f178" ,"5fd7a38"]',

posted on your admin page and after a map change ns2stats goes away, syntaxError

This works

"kModsReloadList": [ "5f4f178" ,"5fd7a38"],<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Because i have inserted the code which needs to be changed inside '-characters. The line in instructions is:
    '"kModsReloadList": [ "5f4f178" ,"5fd7a38"]', so at start and end are '-characters. Might be hard to see them without spaces so i'll update that and insert spaces.
    [UPDATE]

Version 0.32 beta available! Tested in build 223.

Installation introductions have changed (thanks Ryne!) and available in same place than always : <a href="http://ns2stats.org/server/admin" target="_blank">http://ns2stats.org/server/admin</a>

<b>Changes:</b>
    - NS2Stats now works better with other mods. Removed most of modified original files and now function replaces are used.
    - Added killstreaks. (disabled by default). Will show message to every player when player gets certain killstreaks. Messages will be shown at top of the screen without sounds for now.
    - ns2stats_config.json file now auto updates with new settings, meaning that you don’t need to set keys and other settings again when there are new settings available.
    - NS2Stats.org chat message sayer is now customizable.
    - Assist now give score. Score given is half of the normal kill score.
    - Created Cout-class as side project. Class is used to print images/text to player screens by server and to exchange data between client and server easily.
  • PhasmaPhasma Join Date: 2012-10-15 Member: 162418Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    So I've been using NS2Stats on my server for 2-3 weeks, and had to stop since the last few updates were a bit too complicated to install (having to install another mod for instance). I've installed the latest beta 0.32, and I guess when following your instructions it's not working.
    It does create a ns2stats_config.json in my configpath directory, then I edit the file with my server key, admin ids, etc... I launch the server, and I get a bunch of lua errors, first one saying the key field is null, then it writes some changes into the ns2stats_config.json file.

I go look into that file, and it removed pretty much everything except 2 settings (admin ids, server key, etc..).

I went into the RBPSConfig.lua file, and put all my settings in there instead, and now it works fine. No errors when starting the server, and it seems to work in-game (haven't test it with 10+ players yet though). I know this is not how this is supposed to work, so what am I missing?

Thanks for your work, I'm also running TF2 servers, and having stats is really important for a lot of players :)
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1991904:date=Oct 15 2012, 10:36 PM:name=Phasma)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phasma @ Oct 15 2012, 10:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1991904"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So I've been using NS2Stats on my server for 2-3 weeks, and had to stop since the last few updates were a bit too complicated to install (having to install another mod for instance). I've installed the latest beta 0.32, and I guess when following your instructions it's not working.
    It does create a ns2stats_config.json in my configpath directory, then I edit the file with my server key, admin ids, etc... I launch the server, and I get a bunch of lua errors, first one saying the key field is null, then it writes some changes into the ns2stats_config.json file.

I go look into that file, and it removed pretty much everything except 2 settings (admin ids, server key, etc..).

I went into the RBPSConfig.lua file, and put all my settings in there instead, and now it works fine. No errors when starting the server, and it seems to work in-game (haven't test it with 10+ players yet though). I know this is not how this is supposed to work, so what am I missing?

Thanks for your work, I'm also running TF2 servers, and having stats is really important for a lot of players :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi, the problem should be within ns2stats_config.json file, there is prob some colon missing or something which causes it to crash, could you send your ns2stats_config.json content to me on private message or here(without server key). If you try with default config file it does not give lua errors, right? Deleting ns2stats_config.json file will recreate it on server restart.
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    edited October 2012
    Can you please offer more stats on the website? I am sick of people only talking about win/loss ratio.

Namely some stats I'd like to see:

Accuracy for each weapon used (shots fired vs shots hit), total shots fired, total damage delt, damage delt / damage received ratio

Being able to sort players by k/d ratio, score etc. rather than just having them in alphabetical order.
    Being able to filter by lifeform (e.g. only show skulks stats for each player.)
    Being able to filter by marine weapon
    Showing players k/d and damage ratio for each lifeform.
    Showing global average k/d, damage ratio, kills/minute, damage/minute and life time for each lifeform.
    Allow comparing of global averages. E.g. Only show skulks k/d vs rifle marines, or only show shotgun marines vs lerks.

K/d and damage ratio per map for each team/class.

Buildings destroyed, total damage to buildings.

Option to have stats displayed as tables rather than pie charts.
    Filter to only show the last 30days (not really necessary right now with so frequent builds)
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    2 suggestions/fixes

It should ignore the autowin condition in tournament mode ("end_round_on_team_unbalance"), if one clan enters one of the sides while the other one has only 1 player the game ends and everyone goes back to the RR.

It should also ignore the mapcycle time in tournament mode, as having the server change maps after one round is a bit annoying.
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1992425:date=Oct 16 2012, 09:01 PM:name=Mendasp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mendasp @ Oct 16 2012, 09:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1992425"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->2 suggestions/fixes

It should ignore the autowin condition in tournament mode ("end_round_on_team_unbalance"), if one clan enters one of the sides while the other one has only 1 player the game ends and everyone goes back to the RR.

It should also ignore the mapcycle time in tournament mode, as having the server change maps after one round is a bit annoying.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The mapcycle prevention is in the pipeline. I thought the first problem was not possible because UWE made some kinda of minimum required players protection one it. We will see.

<!--quoteo(post=1992359:date=Oct 16 2012, 06:35 PM:name=Wilson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wilson @ Oct 16 2012, 06:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1992359"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can you please offer more stats on the website? I am sick of people only talking about win/loss ratio.

Namely some stats I'd like to see:

Accuracy for each weapon used (shots fired vs shots hit), total shots fired, total damage delt, damage delt / damage received ratio

Being able to sort players by k/d ratio, score etc. rather than just having them in alphabetical order.
    Being able to filter by lifeform (e.g. only show skulks stats for each player.)
    Being able to filter by marine weapon
    Showing players k/d and damage ratio for each lifeform.
    Showing global average k/d, damage ratio, kills/minute, damage/minute and life time for each lifeform.
    Allow comparing of global averages. E.g. Only show skulks k/d vs rifle marines, or only show shotgun marines vs lerks.

K/d and damage ratio per map for each team/class.

Buildings destroyed, total damage to buildings.

Option to have stats displayed as tables rather than pie charts.
    Filter to only show the last 30days (not really necessary right now with so frequent builds)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks a lot Wilson!

We are already gathering data for most of the stuff you mention but i have been too busy to actually implement them on the webpage. Unfortunately i will not have time to add these for a while. I will focuse on these things as soon as I can.

Great to hear that somebody is actually waiting for them!
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    We had it happen yesterday, had to disable the feature in NS2 so we could use ns2stats. Since the mod bypasses the limitation to join a team with more players it triggers it easily if one team joins earlier. I think it only triggered when one team had 4 players and the other one had less than the required percentage (ie. 4 marines 1 alien).
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    Oh I see. I hope we can get that fixed to the next version.

Thanks Mendasp!
    Also, since we have one player with a very HTML-ish nickname: <flames> it does all sorts of nasty things to your site.

In the round stats page it shows up fine, but for example, his player profile doesn't show up: <a href="http://www.ns2stats.org/player/player/215458" target="_blank">http://www.ns2stats.org/player/player/215458</a>

And he doesn't show up in our team page either: <a href="http://www.ns2stats.org/team/team/24" target="_blank">http://www.ns2stats.org/team/team/24</a>

I suppose this might happen in more places.

Keep up the good work, this is one of the most awesome mods/sites ever :D
    Oh thanks! That's quite terrible bug. :S

I'm ashamed. I'll fix it as soon as I can.
  • PhasmaPhasma Join Date: 2012-10-15 Member: 162418Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1991927:date=Oct 15 2012, 01:11 PM:name=Sint)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sint @ Oct 15 2012, 01:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1991927"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi, the problem should be within ns2stats_config.json file, there is prob some colon missing or something which causes it to crash, could you send your ns2stats_config.json content to me on private message or here(without server key). If you try with default config file it does not give lua errors, right? Deleting ns2stats_config.json file will recreate it on server restart.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi again,

Sorry you were right, I checked again and there was a } missing... silly me.
    It's working great now.
    One question: I'm using the web admin interface, and in the Maps tab, I see ??? as Installed Mods, is that normal? (it's also ticked).

Keep up the great work and thanks for these updates!
    <!--quoteo(post=1993011:date=Oct 18 2012, 12:59 AM:name=Phasma)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phasma @ Oct 18 2012, 12:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1993011"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi again,

Sorry you were right, I checked again and there was a } missing... silly me.
    It's working great now.
    One question: I'm using the web admin interface, and in the Maps tab, I see ??? as Installed Mods, is that normal? (it's also ticked).

Keep up the great work and thanks for these updates!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This is normal until NS2 is released properly on steam and the workshop is made "Public" (ie. visible for people not owning NS2).
    edited October 2012
    [UPDATE]

Version 0.33 available in workshop.

Changelog:
    - Updated lua files for build 224.
    - Added feature which prints link to played round after round ends and player is it able to view that round in steam browser by typing check in chat or console.
    - Added message that reports "not enough players" if there was not enough players playing for it to save. (Does not work always yet)
    edited October 2012
    [UPDATE]

Version 0.34 beta is available in workshop!

- Added new tournament mode changes: Mapcycle gets disabled if tournament mode is on, ending of game when teams are unbalanced gets disabled and auto-balance gets disabled.
    - Huze’s Badge mod works with ns2stats (Thanks Huze!).
  • HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    A small correction: NS2Stats now shows player badges on the scoreboard. If you're running NS2Stats without Badge mod, then that means PAX badges only. If you're running NS2Stats with badge mod you'll get all the benefits of that.

Thanks guys!
    [UPDATE]

Version 0.35 available.

Changelog:
    - Updated lua for build 225.
  • TechnIckSTechnIckS Join Date: 2007-01-14 Member: 59616Members
    Build 226 issues - server now shows as custom - had to disable ns2stats to make it not custom. Did the mod get blacklisted again?
    <!--quoteo(post=2001041:date=Oct 30 2012, 05:52 PM:name=wireaudio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wireaudio @ Oct 30 2012, 05:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2001041"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Build 226 issues - server now shows as custom - had to disable ns2stats to make it not custom. Did the mod get blacklisted again?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah. It's also written down in the changelog:
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Unwhitelisted NS2Stats and other "vanilla" mods. We felt we needed to do this because script errors were preventing people from playing NS2. Hopefully we'll have a better fix for this post 1.0.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Can't believe i missed that line *bump*
  • UKGamerUKGamer Join Date: 2004-03-12 Member: 27300Members
    Looking forward to a fix for the whitelist removal so I can get NS2Stats working again on my servers.
    Same here :) Once it's whitelisted it's immediately going back on!
    <!--quoteo(post=2003377:date=Oct 31 2012, 09:46 PM:name=UKGamer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UKGamer @ Oct 31 2012, 09:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003377"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Looking forward to a fix for the whitelist removal so I can get NS2Stats working again on my servers.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I am not aware of any fast "fix" for this. As far as I understood the whitelist is not going to be used anymore at all. It's sad to see the whole mod die because of this but there's not much we can do currently.
  • UKGamerUKGamer Join Date: 2004-03-12 Member: 27300Members
    Yeah, I meant UWE finding a way around the problem - I know there is nothing you can do as of yet.
  • Sko0bSko0b Join Date: 2005-01-30 Member: 39171Members
    i would like to know how to register my server stats. Do i need to subscribe with my server account or any account ?
    <!--quoteo(post=2005604:date=Nov 2 2012, 03:00 AM:name=Sko0b)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sko0b @ Nov 2 2012, 03:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2005604"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i would like to know how to register my server stats. Do i need to subscribe with my server account or any account ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Go to ns2stats.org, login, go to "My Account", go to "My Servers" and follow the instructions.