Natural Selection 2 Future DLC

aimfortheheadaimforthehead Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73200Members
I was just curious, will Natural Selection 2 offer DLC and continue supporting the game and community for a long time after the final release?
Will it be free or charge?
Thanks.

Comments

• havok?havok? Join Date: 2012-05-22 Member: 152462Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Free updates, pretty sure.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    As said in Q&A 3, NS2 will still remain as priority with updates to include new features, maps, etc :)
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    I'm not opposed to the idea of paid DLC, but it sounds like UWEs business model is to work on NS3 after finishing development and polishing of NS2.
  • mokkatmokkat Join Date: 2009-08-30 Member: 68652Members
    paid DLC that isn't purely cosmetic is always the bees pee for multiplayer shooters. Especially indie ones who don't sell multiple million copies and can't afford to split the community with paid content.

I'd much rather see UWE take the goodwill route, like Tripwire or CD Project red
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1938699:date=May 24 2012, 08:14 PM:name=aimforthehead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (aimforthehead @ May 24 2012, 08:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1938699"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I was just curious, will Natural Selection 2 offer DLC and continue supporting the game and community for a long time after the final release?
    Will it be free or charge?
    Thanks.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, we will continue to be releasing lots of patches and DLC to support NS2 for quite some time after we release. There will be bug fixes, optimizations, balance changes, new features, new maps, new models, and we are planning on it all being free if at all possible.

--Cory
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Fanboy moment: I love this game/company!
  • Master BlasterMaster Blaster Join Date: 2012-03-17 Member: 148908Banned
    edited May 2012
    What you need to do is remove 25% of the game options and 2 lifeforms from the game, then sell it back to us for $10 each as Day 1 DLC.

I mean it worked for EAoWARE
  • RanemanRaneman Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69962Members
    edited May 2012
    I wouldn't mind KF style DLC: gameplay content is free, you can purchase skin packs for a few bucks to support development.

I'd easily pay $2.99 for some like, technician marine skins or something.
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
    I would pony up for skinpacks or other visual treats as well.
    It might justify the completion of the female marine.

I was thinking a RED skulk might be interesting.
    Something that stands out instead of blending in.
    Sure it would be like painting a target but it would also be a statement of confidence.

I would be a bigger fan of content that was just visual in nature.
    I don't like the buy-to-win model that is creeping into alot of games of late.
    For example I would NOT like the option buy a NUKE.
  • ArcL!ghtArcL!ght Join Date: 2007-11-27 Member: 63031Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1938875:date=May 25 2012, 05:37 PM:name=kingmob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingmob @ May 25 2012, 05:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1938875"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I was thinking a RED skulk might be interesting.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yap, I never forgave UWE for giving Black Marine, and not some type of Skulk Alpha skin :)
    But, would sure pay for skins like I did for KF.
  • Banzai¥Banzai¥ Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143902Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1938726:date=May 24 2012, 03:43 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ May 24 2012, 03:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1938726"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yes, we will continue to be releasing lots of patches and DLC to support NS2 for quite some time after we release. There will be bug fixes, optimizations, balance changes, new features, new maps, new models, and we are planning on it all being free if at all possible.

--Cory<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The builder will be a priority amongst the game-updates as well, right?
    (I'd also pay for a couple o' skins; hopefully the fem-marine would be one of the free ones though.)
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited May 2012
    DLC: Playable Babbler Kings!
    Cost: $4.99
  • Bloodshot12Bloodshot12 Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152578Members
    They could add a really cheap DLC to customize your marine/alien with a lot of pre-defined options like different chestplates and helmets for marines, different colors for aliens - hell maybe even throw in classic NS1 looking skins for aliens. If it's cheap it would be a good way to make a little bit extra on the side without the balance issues that come with gameplay changing DLC
  • Master BlasterMaster Blaster Join Date: 2012-03-17 Member: 148908Banned
    Paying for skins? No thanks. Just have the community make them for free like Counter-Strike.