Playtesting positions now open for EU and NA regions!

acid_rainacid_rain NS2 NAPT MascotAustin, TX Join Date: 2010-02-16 Member: 70588Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
edited May 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">"Would you like to know more?"</div>Hello everyone!

As we are getting closer to finishing up some of the maps for NS2, we wanted to make sure they've been tested
vigorously before getting them shipped out. We've got quite a few positions open for playtesting, and we
wanted to get some fresh ideas and contributers in! Here's your chance to have an impact!

The North-American and European playtesting application is now open for anyone who thinks they may have the
skills that it takes to do map testing for UWE. Testers who are selected will be able to test the latest maps
and collaborate with the map developers on necessary changes and tweaks. The duties that are associated with
the map testers are:

Balance suggestions based on public and competitive team-play.
Tweaks
Mapping errors and annotations
Participate in scheduled, internal PT games.

The map testing schedule for EUPT will be on Fridays at 8PM GMT/9PM CET
The map testing schedule for NAPT will be on Fridays at 4:00PM PDT

Remember, anyone can apply, but we will be taking a look at previous experience with leagues, ladders, beta
tests, etc. The best way to improve your chances of being selected is to provide links to your past testing
or involvements with other games. Applicants with previous mapping experience and portfolios are encouraged
to apply, but not required.

Before you apply, know that you absolutely MUST have your own copy of Natural Selection 2.

<i><b>APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED - THANKS TO ALL APPLICANTS!</b></i>

If you have any questions, please feel free to add them here in the thread. The application window will close
one week from today (next Tuesday) at 12:00PM PDT.

Good luck from the NS2 PT Leads!

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Good luck to all applicants - we look forward to working with you! :-)
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    Are Fridays the only map testing days? Friday is a dynamic work day for me (unloading trucks, typically in the morning, but don't know until the day before). Also how long typically does the testing day last?
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    When will the positions open up in the sub saharan african regions? I wait with baited breath.
  • rhombusrhombus Lerk Queen Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106055Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Maps are also played during the week when the mappers request it to be tested.
  • Linksys_RouterLinksys_Router Join Date: 2012-04-11 Member: 150276Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1932434:date=May 1 2012, 06:00 PM:name=Imbalanxd)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Imbalanxd @ May 1 2012, 06:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1932434"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When will the positions open up in the sub saharan african regions? I wait with baited breath.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

When you get a picture of yourself surfing an elephant :P
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1932432:date=May 1 2012, 03:56 PM:name=Obraxis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obraxis @ May 1 2012, 03:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1932432"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Good luck to all applicants - we look forward to working with you! :-)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Woah. Woah. Let's not jump to conclusions here. :)
  • acid_rainacid_rain NS2 NAPT Mascot Austin, TX Join Date: 2010-02-16 Member: 70588Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    We QA playtest every weekday. Friday is normally a "free day" where we all get together and test the build as a whole. Just because you have a set date to test does not mean you cannot join the other testers any other day as well. However, your position will require that you show up on Fridays.

As far as the African continent is concerned, as long as the times are around the same as EU times and you can make it, I see no reason for not applying! Everyone needs to understand English and be able to type or speak it.
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    I wonder. Would really high latency be a positive thing for a play tester? I mean, it does show a different side to things, though its not a side you really want players to experience...

At the very least it allows you to observe the effect of mind numbing rage on a player.
  • MooJrMooJr Join Date: 2011-10-18 Member: 128100Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Application submitted, Here's to hoping.
  • GsemiaGsemia Join Date: 2011-01-28 Member: 79297Members
    I am gladly offering you my skills and time.. at least many hours of my free time.. don't want you to leech on my lifetime. :) Application Submitted.
  • HackepeterHackepeter Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17107Members, Constellation
    Application submitted! :)
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    What if one filled this form earlier after asked to do so but did not get in? Is one supposed to fill the form again or is it redundant?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1932591:date=May 2 2012, 02:46 PM:name=Zeikko)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zeikko @ May 2 2012, 02:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1932591"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What if one filled this form earlier after asked to do so but did not get in? Is one supposed to fill the form again or is it redundant?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We keep all of these on-file in case we need another round of Playtesters. If any of your information changes, feel free to re-submit. :-)
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Application submitted, but I forgot alot of things to mention! Hope it isn't to "thin".
  • comp_comp_ Join Date: 2011-06-27 Member: 106656Members
    edited May 2012
    what about us south americans ?! Eventually I hope :)
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1932607:date=May 2 2012, 07:58 AM:name=comp_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (comp_ @ May 2 2012, 07:58 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1932607"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->what about us south americans ?! Eventually I hope :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Go ahead and apply. NAPT just indicates the time zone when testing takes place. Could use a better name I guess :)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1932616:date=May 2 2012, 03:44 PM:name=Comprox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Comprox @ May 2 2012, 03:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1932616"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Go ahead and apply. NAPT just indicates the time zone when testing takes place. Could use a better name I guess :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    How about APT, it's also a Armoured Personal Transport apparently :P
  • MaDMaxXMaDMaxX Audiophile (NS sound guy) Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11835Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    Good luck all.

Might be able to join one of these late at some point :)
  • exoityexoity Join Date: 2003-03-17 Member: 14620Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    edited May 2012
    I heard Grendel is back, maybe there can be a NS1 playtester reunion.

Does anyone else find it interesting that the current NS2 PT Lead is "acid_rain" and there use to be an old NS1 PT Lead named "rain"?
  • wdfstryfewdfstryfe Join Date: 2009-05-28 Member: 67532Members
    Good luck. I put mine in for the hell of it :)
  • SecuritySecurity Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33133Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Application submitted. .. again. With updated Hardware. :p
  • nenmutantnenmutant Join Date: 2012-05-02 Member: 151447Members
    Application submitted, gogo power rangers! C:
  • Taxen0Taxen0 Join Date: 2010-07-30 Member: 73357Members
    Just sent in my application, now the wait begins =)
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2012
    Steam username. Account name or current community profile name.

Edit: nvm should be obvious.
  • Me9aMe9a Join Date: 2008-03-27 Member: 63981Members
    application summited thx for this great chance.
    but now its time to test the new patch on all bugs ect ;)

Mega
  • atLaNNatLaNN Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30327Members, Constellation
    Application submitted, love that you gave that chance to everyone !

Hope we'll meet again soon ;)
  • Petros IchorPetros Ichor Join Date: 2005-07-14 Member: 55917Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Submitted!

Fingers crossed, inbox F5'ing, can't leave to piss. Might miss a response.
  • MaDMaxXMaDMaxX Audiophile (NS sound guy) Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11835Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    Yeah i heard Grendel was back too, that would be kinda mad! :)
  • zastelszastels Join Date: 2003-11-29 Member: 23731Members
  • ArkantiArkanti pub baddie Join Date: 2011-07-22 Member: 111781Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I applied.... again...again :P.

We'll see how this one turns out.