Your feedback on our tweets here

Comments

• KuBaNKuBaN Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8979Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Looking to release Build 182 today if possible, with some simple but big fixes (spore dmg, pathing issues, weapon switch)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Is there a fix to address the issue of many of us being unable to run Decoda planned alongside this as well?
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    Oo hotfix for major bugs, much appreciated.

Hopefully with spore gas and weaponswitch bug fixed I can get a decent game going in this version.
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1863382:date=Jul 25 2011, 12:08 PM:name=Quovatis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quovatis @ Jul 25 2011, 12:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1863382"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lerk hitbox to include wings now? Great! Just hope it doesn't make them so vulnerable that they are useless, but we'll see.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The area of the Lerk's wings are about 5 times that of its body! I really hope that won't make every Marine occupied area a No Fly Zone. "You spread your wings, you die!" :(

Hopefully, the Spore damage nerf won't be too drastic. I'd hate to see Marines dancing in Spores with Med packs falling like candy (Here are 30 med packs! Now me get that bird!).
  • bannybanny Join Date: 2009-09-05 Member: 68703Members
    I wait for shoot the wing lerk since the begining a good thing do, now all the "naab" player won't be able to be untouchable, and play carefully with a lerk will be the only solution ^^
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I still feel that even with the spore damage reduction that they should also increase how far spores can go, they should definitely be able to go further than 10m. Right now with this 182 hotfix patch, i'm 'thinking' it'll be definitely way easier to kill a lerk, and if it is, he'll be shat on, if he goes close to spore.
  • JayArcJayArc Join Date: 2011-06-03 Member: 102391Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I wait for shoot the wing lerk since the begining a good thing do, now all the "naab" player won't be able to be untouchable, and play carefully with a lerk will be the only solution ^^<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ahhh, Monsieur! You are very wise
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1863511:date=Jul 26 2011, 06:04 AM:name=twiliteblue)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (twiliteblue @ Jul 26 2011, 06:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1863511"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The area of the Lerk's wings are about 5 times that of its body! I really hope that won't make every Marine occupied area a No Fly Zone. "You spread your wings, you die!" :(<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well, there already was some geometry on the wings for the hitbox. There was a fairly wide mesh to cover the arms and the long fingers separating the membranes, it was just the membrane itself that didn't have any hitbox geometry. It will make a difference, but shouldn't be drastic, and they will still be hard to hit especially when flapping.

--Cory
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin-twitter+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (twitter)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Starting work on Distress Beacon and the Shade (just the basics). Hoping to get them into the next patch, this week.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Can't wait to see the shade model. And bacon will certainly help the marines chances of survival.
  • BluePhishBluePhish Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24364Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I hope we'll see some changes in DI textures n stuff!
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    I'd like to see infestation slowly spread between cysts. Currently you can place cysts quite far apart, but if you want the advantages of infestation (hive sight, regen, slower marines etc.) then you need to place other cysts in the middle. It would be cool if it naturally grew along the map between the cysts.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1865534:date=Aug 1 2011, 11:03 PM:name=IeptBarakat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IeptBarakat @ Aug 1 2011, 11:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1865534"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can't wait to see the shade model. And bacon will certainly help the marines chances of survival.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think there is a shade concept art in the ns2 wiki
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Wow, surprised that the Shade is making it in before the Shift. And having a functioning beacon will help out the marines a lot! That alone will help balance things.
  • TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1865553:date=Aug 1 2011, 06:30 PM:name=peregrinus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peregrinus @ Aug 1 2011, 06:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1865553"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think there is a shade concept art in the ns2 wiki<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I know the drawing. I wanna see the textured 3d model(with animations hopefully)
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Cloak should hide Kharaa minimap blips, btw. Countless ambushes as Skulk failed because of the minimap :/
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • saltybp53saltybp53 Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72675Members
    Shade and bacon? I see, so the name of the next reveal should be, SHADIN' BACON! Uhhh.....amirite?
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited August 2011
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Starting work on Distress Beacon and <b>the Shade (just the basics). Hoping to get them into the next patch, this week.</b> #fb<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Very Shagadelic, baby, yeah.
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    they need to define the basic shade upgrades this chamber going to bring. What passive abilities will this chamber bring aside from the upgrades listed below. I remember Cory saying each chamber will bring passive abilities aside from the upgrades themselves.

Shade - Camouflage
    Shade - Sink upgrade
    Shade - Static cloak

next, will the gorge actually be building it? I like to see the gorge play the same role he did in ns1 since his role is still undefined, imo.
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Regarding fade/marine balance in NS1 vs NS2:

In NS1 the fade was vulnerable at all times. When blinking, it could be damaged. In NS2, the fade cannot be damaged while blinking. Additionally, the fade can get one swipe in before the marine even sees the fade come out of blink, effectively giving the fade a one swipe advantage instantly. If the fade starts getting hurt, it just blinks away and doesn't have to worry about getting damaged/killed on the way out because it's invulnerable during blink. THAT's the huge difference right now.

Add a small delay for attack after exiting blink and/or allow the fade to be damaged or seen during blink flight. That will solve most of the issues IMHO.
    I don't agree with the small delay after blink to swipe, if anything the delay should be removed and you should be able to exit blink with a swipe.

The problem with the current balance is the marines don't have jetpacks yet. It was always jetpacks versus fades. The mobility from jetpacks and a gun like a shotgun or hmg was the balancing factor against fades in ns1.
  • CerebralCerebral Join Date: 2003-06-25 Member: 17689Members
    edited August 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1866461:date=Aug 4 2011, 06:18 PM:name=IeptBarakat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IeptBarakat @ Aug 4 2011, 06:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1866461"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't agree with the small delay after blink to swipe, if anything the delay should be removed and you should be able to exit blink with a swipe.

The problem with the current balance is the marines don't have jetpacks yet. It was always jetpacks versus fades. The mobility from jetpacks and a gun like a shotgun or hmg was the balancing factor against fades in ns1.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't think a jetpack will solve this issue. It wasn't "always jetpack versus fades" because sometimes you never made it to proto and if you did then often commanders would go heavy. It was more often shotgun versus fade and as Quovatis stated, a shotgun (or any gun) becomes less effective if you can't hit your target while it's moving.
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    edited August 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1866457:date=Aug 4 2011, 11:06 PM:name=Quovatis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quovatis @ Aug 4 2011, 11:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1866457"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Regarding fade/marine balance in NS1 vs NS2:

In NS1 the fade was vulnerable at all times. When blinking, it could be damaged. In NS2, the fade cannot be damaged while blinking. Additionally, the fade can get one swipe in before the marine even sees the fade come out of blink, effectively giving the fade a one swipe advantage instantly. If the fade starts getting hurt, it just blinks away and doesn't have to worry about getting damaged/killed on the way out because it's invulnerable during blink. THAT's the huge difference right now.

Add a small delay for attack after exiting blink and/or allow the fade to be damaged or seen during blink flight. That will solve most of the issues IMHO.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i would trade ns1 fade over ns2 current fade. You also forget ns1 fades had skill based movement, and actually could conserve their energy usage and had better energy pool. The current fade has serious energy problems, and no way to conserve them. So while the fade cannot be damaged in blink state once his energy runs out (which it does very quickly, since you're forced to hold blink), now we have walking target.

Now lets address the slot 1 swipe, never liked the change at all, fades cannot kill any buildings with it anymore at all. The fade should get in and get out, this includes killing marines and buildings since we saw a lot of this in ns1. lets not forget slot 2 attack, still unchanged ability since fade came out, and no change to this extremely bad ability, which is hardly ever used unless the marine is afk.

so if they want to compare anything with ns1 and ns2, let them address the movement issue since this problem effects every alien and not just single class. bring back skill based movement, while the increase to skulks speed is step forward its simply not enough.
    <!--quoteo(post=1866467:date=Aug 4 2011, 06:27 PM:name=Cerebral)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cerebral @ Aug 4 2011, 06:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1866467"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't think a jetpack will solve this issue. It wasn't "always jetpack versus fades" because sometimes you never made it to proto <b>and if you did then often commanders would go heavy.</b> It was more often shotgun versus fade and as <b>Quovatis stated, a shotgun (or any gun) becomes less effective if you can't hit your target while it's moving.</b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Uhh no, heavy armor was hardly ever used in a ns classic match because Onos would instantly remove them from play.

And the current fade would never be able to hit a jetpack user while he is flying around, as the delay between blink and swipe is too long.

Once more of the marine arsenal comes into the game I'm sure the game will start to balance out. Right now balance is a bit wonky as there are parts of the game that haven't been implemented yet.
    <!--quoteo(post=1866483:date=Aug 4 2011, 04:21 PM:name=IeptBarakat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IeptBarakat @ Aug 4 2011, 04:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1866483"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And the current fade would never be able to hit a jetpack user while he is flying around, as the delay between blink and swipe is too long.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are we playing the same game? There is no current delay between blink and swipe. From the marine's perspective, the swipe occurs before the fade comes out of blink, which is BS.
  • CerebralCerebral Join Date: 2003-06-25 Member: 17689Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1866483:date=Aug 4 2011, 07:21 PM:name=IeptBarakat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IeptBarakat @ Aug 4 2011, 07:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1866483"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Uhh no, heavy armor was hardly ever used in a ns classic match because Onos would instantly remove them from play.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Maybe in pubs I guess. I'm more familiar with competitive play. Even in pubs though, you didn't typically see more than one Onos unless it was the very end of the game. Fades have always been much more prevalent because they were a better use of resources.
  • kaffaljidhmakaffaljidhma Join Date: 2011-07-14 Member: 110392Members
    edited August 2011
    Hmm, I would actually love to have gorges in charge of all construction and only hop in the hive to micro the structure special abilities. Down with drifters!
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited August 2011
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Going back and forth between NS1 and NS2 to see what core differences there are between marine/skulk gameplay, input, etc.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    What did this mean?
    The Skulks in ns1 was way faster, smaller.
    The Marine rifle doesn't knockback the view, which is a huge plus.
    If i see this, my memories about ns1 comes back, so nice:
    Aliens:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a51yLliQNWM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a51yLliQNWM</a>

Marines:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74B5EeOSjUA&feature=player_detailpage#t=12s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74B5EeOSjUA...etailpage#t=12s</a>

And woah how big the map is.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Just wrote a tool to create changelogs automatically. We mark checkins with #FIX, #FEATURE, #BALANCE, etc. Should make patching faster.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Nice! The changelogs always seemed a bit incomplete as I would regularly find changes in a patch that weren't documented. That's not a big deal, but its always nice to look over the list of changes before I play so I have an idea of what to expect (or look for).
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Got everything mostly working but not in time to release the patch tonight. Will be ready Monday. Then, it's Shade time!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sounds great! Will you guys be doing a Shade chamber reveal page like the ones for Whip and Crag?