Medpack Removes Parasite?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

124»

Comments

• SwampRatSwampRat Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13369Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1811581:date=Nov 28 2010, 06:12 PM:name=_Thresh_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (_Thresh_ @ Nov 28 2010, 06:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811581"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Would make an awesome com / player dynamic if only the com had motion tracking. Also gives some strategic reason for multiple coms and sacrificing the man on the field.. so to speak. ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I like this, if you want accurate tracking in the game, then this is a good way of doing it. Maybe give the marines a small indicator light if there is alien movement within a moderate radius - something to add atmosphere/panic for the player (I remember at points finding NS1 quite atmospheric, not so much now in its current form with me being used to it, but at some points, and those were good points) - it gives the marine cause to be more alert and also gives a cue to say "Comm, we've got movement here" before the commander then checks and updates them etc.

<!--quoteo(post=1811782:date=Nov 29 2010, 01:40 PM:name=Quovatis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quovatis @ Nov 29 2010, 01:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811782"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I played on several NS1 servers with a mod to remove parasite by humping an armory. I think that worked well, and should be in NS2. But just a medpack getting rid of parasite? No way, very bad idea.

Perhaps make a new marine structure: Medical facility. It must be constructed to drop med packs and cat packs. Ammo packs require an armory. Cat packs are researched on the medical facility. It has a terminal that can remove parasite and heals you up (like the armory currently does).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Going back to base plus using a structure, is a reasonable idea, preferably if it also takes a few seconds at least and more for heavy armour (it gets deeper in maybe).

<!--quoteo(post=1811930:date=Nov 30 2010, 03:09 AM:name=TrC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TrC @ Nov 30 2010, 03:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811930"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You can easily see MT from the way marines act, no theres no need for such thing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    In terms of "how did he shoot me, I was hidden in ambush and had waited for a minute here just for him to jump around the corner and shotgun the ceiling where I happened to be, bah"?
  • zexzex Join Date: 2009-10-07 Member: 68978Members
    no idea why an "armory" which is apparently a teleporter for weapons would have the capability to remove infestation. totally illogical, whereas a device specifically designed to cure physical problems, i.e. a "medpack" makes perfect sense as a tool for removing unwanted organisms.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1811782:date=Nov 29 2010, 02:40 PM:name=Quovatis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quovatis @ Nov 29 2010, 02:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811782"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->...
    Perhaps make a new marine structure: Medical facility. It must be constructed to drop med packs and cat packs. Ammo packs require an armory. Cat packs are researched on the medical facility. It has a terminal that can remove parasite and heals you up (like the armory currently does).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i like this idea. I would like the see more different marine structures anyway.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Parasite removal = No way
    Motion Tracking = Yes, but should test a few different implementations, such as:

1) Same as NS1, full map coverage once upgraded. Includes 3 second refresh time when not in direct LOS. Might keep 3sec refresh time everywhere to give aliens a chance to close the gap.

2) In powered rooms, motion tracking has instant refresh. In un-powered or neutral rooms, it has a 3 second refresh time like in NS1. Shades placed around alien territory block MT under its area of effect. Portable power nodes expand the MT (instant refresh) web, along with the other benefits like enabling structure building.

Instant refresh might make marine controlled territory a no-mans land for aliens though, would need to be tested.