Whats the difference of Standard edition armor to Special Edition

manjidredmanjidred Join Date: 2010-07-21 Member: 72627Members
edited July 2010 in NS2 General Discussion
hello.
Whats the difference of Standard edition armor to Special Edition?. Special edition gives something worth the money?
ty for help me

Comments

• Bl4ckH4wkBl4ckH4wk Join Date: 2009-07-21 Member: 68216Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2010
    Go to the pre-order page. Normal armor is green, Special is black with ze googles.
  • FuryFury Silver Fish Hand Catch Join Date: 2003-08-14 Member: 19673Members, Constellation
    It's amusing that it would have taken longer to sign up for the forums and post the question rather than just look on the main page.

<a href="http://www.naturalselection2.com/buy" target="_blank">http://www.naturalselection2.com/buy</a>
  • manjidredmanjidred Join Date: 2010-07-21 Member: 72627Members
    edited July 2010
    srry, no good ingle and forum but Special Edition of more than normal? :s
    Special edition gives something worth the money?
  • ArrowheadArrowhead Join Date: 2005-03-04 Member: 43198Members
    You will be instantly recognized as someone who has supported UWE and NS2 since its early beginnings for as long as NS2 is around. Which is hopefully, a very long time. If this game takes off, we'll be a very small and proud minority.
    edited July 2010
    special editon is more for help ns2?
    black armor that is more normal armor?
  • Raza.Raza. Join Date: 2004-01-24 Member: 25663Members, Constellation
    Special Edition = Standard Edition + Alpha access + Black armor
    black armor that is more normal armor?
    srry ppl. I have doubts because I am not good at English
  • SlavakSlavak Join Date: 2005-02-19 Member: 41765Members
    The only difference is appearance. It just looks different to show people who pre-ordered. It doesn't give any extra armour or anything, its just a cosmetic bonus for the people who spent a bit more to support the developers.
    edited July 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1781991:date=Jul 22 2010, 10:49 PM:name=manjidred)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manjidred @ Jul 22 2010, 10:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1781991"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->black armor that is more normal armor?
    srry ppl. I have doubts because I am not good at English<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

With Special Edition ($39.99) you can start playing the unfinished game on July 26th, 2010. Also you get black armor which only looks different from the regular green armor so that people know that you got the Special Edition.

With Standard Edition ($19.99), you can NOT play the unfinished game on July 26th and you don't get the black armor. The black armor is only for looks. It is not better than regular armor.
    Special edition worth the money?
    "Alpha access" is frist server?

Special Edition = Standard Edition + Alpha access + Black armor + 26th play
    Standard Edition = Access to beta + tools + 1st play?

:s xD
  • ItalianmagicItalianmagic Join Date: 2008-12-13 Member: 65755Members
    edited July 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1781991:date=Jul 22 2010, 10:49 PM:name=manjidred)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manjidred @ Jul 22 2010, 10:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1781991"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->black armor that is more normal armor?
    srry ppl. I have doubts because I am not good at English<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

black armor no more than normal armor...
    armor just look pretty. women want you if you buy. BUY NOW.

//EDIT

You play game earlier with Special... you wait with Standard.
    <!--quoteo(post=1781997:date=Jul 22 2010, 11:00 PM:name=manjidred)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manjidred @ Jul 22 2010, 11:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1781997"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Special edition worth the money?
    "Alpha access" is frist server?

Special Edition = Standard Edition + Alpha access + Black armor + 26th play
    Standard Edition = Access to beta + tools + 1st play?

:s xD<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We don't know when Standard Edition can play. It will be after alpha testing is over. A few months atleast.

Get Special Edition and you can play next week on the 26th. But remember, it's for testing and won't be perfect.
    <!--quoteo(post=1782003:date=Jul 22 2010, 11:04 PM:name=manjidred)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manjidred @ Jul 22 2010, 11:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1782003"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->how long?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nobody knows exactly yet, but it will be a few months atleast.
    edited July 2010
    buy the game and then how to install?
    first game on the internet
  • ItalianmagicItalianmagic Join Date: 2008-12-13 Member: 65755Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1782006:date=Jul 22 2010, 11:06 PM:name=manjidred)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manjidred @ Jul 22 2010, 11:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1782006"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->ty all now I have no doubt :)

//EDIT

buy the game and then how to install?
    first game on the internet<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

get steam at <a href="http://www.steampowered.com" target="_blank">http://www.steampowered.com</a> and use key you receive and 'add game'.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    This is painful.

What language do you speak? Maybe we can help you in your own language.
  • TagertsweTagertswe Join Date: 2010-03-04 Member: 70825Members
    edited July 2010
    What country are you from manjidred ?

Perhaps we could use google translate :)
  • 1mannARMEE1mannARMEE Join Date: 2008-09-23 Member: 65064Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1782006:date=Jul 23 2010, 05:06 AM:name=manjidred)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manjidred @ Jul 23 2010, 05:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1782006"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->buy the game and then how to install?
    first game on the internet<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Welcome to the internet, you will like it here, we got cookies, google and memes ...

Where are you from ?
    Wo kommst du her ?
    Où êtes-vous ?
    De onde você é ?
    Kust sa pärit oled ?
    Gdzie jesteÅ›?
    Mistä olet kotoisin ?
    От къде сте ?
    你是哪里人?
    וואו זענט איר פון?

... long live the great <a href="http://translate.google.de/#en|yi|Where%20are%20you%20from%20%3F" target="_blank">Google Translater</a>
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    Are you the brother of the former finance minister of Nigeria, manjidred? Just wondering because you sound exactly like him.
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    UWE - Unite the World through Play

IT WORKS!
    portugal
    I use google translator
    use only the black outfit who purchase Special Edition?
    do not have pictures of the green armor?
  • TagertsweTagertswe Join Date: 2010-03-04 Member: 70825Members
    edited July 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1782086:date=Jul 23 2010, 12:13 PM:name=manjidred)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manjidred @ Jul 23 2010, 12:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1782086"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->portugal
    I use google translator
    use only the black outfit who purchase Special Edition?
    do not have pictures of the green armor?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

special edition = black armour and gratitude to UWE (game developers)
    black armour = only skin and no extra bonus

special edition = also alpha access

green armour screenshots: <a href="http://www.naturalselection2.com/marines/" target="_blank">http://www.naturalselection2.com/marines/</a>

:)

or portugese google translation:

A edição especial vai conter armadura negra.
    armadura negra é apenas uma capa. Nenhum bônus extra de armadura negra.
    Você pode escolher a armadura verde, como bem se você tiver a edição especial.

:D
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    i can spanish.. close enough if needed.. lets try (my spanish isn't perfect, forgive me ;) )

La diferencias son que:
    con la edition SE puedes jugar a la alpha. La alpha no es el producto final, pero si te gusta ayudar para que el juega sera mejor quando es terminado, la alpha es para ti.
    Tambien recibes la possibilidad de jugar con un model alternativo. Eso model alternativo no tiene ningun adventage, pero es una forma de decir gracias de los developeadores (?) que compraste la edition SE.

forma corta:
    La SE es para ayudar, porque UWE es una empresa muy pequeña y necessita el dinero. Recibes algunos adventages, pero es mas symbolico que de una valor verdadera. La mayoria de la gente (90%) compro la edition SE porque son aficionados de NS1, como yo, y por eso querian decir gracias a los developeadores (?).

i just asume that portuguese people can read spanish ;) i'm not spanish, but with my basic spanish skills i can read portuguese, so he should do just fine :)
    <!--quoteo(post=1782088:date=Jul 23 2010, 11:27 AM:name=Tagertswe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tagertswe @ Jul 23 2010, 11:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1782088"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->special edition = black armour and gratitude to UWE (game developers)
    black armour = only skin and no extra bonus

special edition = also alpha access

green armour screenshots: <a href="http://www.naturalselection2.com/marines/" target="_blank">http://www.naturalselection2.com/marines/</a>

:)

or portugese google translation:

A edição especial vai conter armadura negra.
    armadura negra é apenas uma capa. Nenhum bônus extra de armadura negra.
    Você pode escolher a armadura verde, como bem se você tiver a edição especial.

:D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    portugues no good xD ;)
    special edition = black armor and green armor use play online?
    <!--quoteo(post=1782091:date=Jul 23 2010, 11:35 AM:name=Asraniel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Asraniel @ Jul 23 2010, 11:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1782091"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i can spanish.. close enough if needed.. lets try (my spanish isn't perfect, forgive me ;) )

La diferencias son que:
    con la edition SE puedes jugar a la alpha. La alpha no es el producto final, pero si te gusta ayudar para que el juega sera mejor quando es terminado, la alpha es para ti.
    Tambien recibes la possibilidad de jugar con un model alternativo. Eso model alternativo no tiene ningun adventage, pero es una forma de decir gracias de los developeadores (?) que compraste la edition SE.

forma corta:
    La SE es para ayudar, porque UWE es una empresa muy pequeña y necessita el dinero. Recibes algunos adventages, pero es mas symbolico que de una valor verdadera. La mayoria de la gente (90%) compro la edition SE porque son aficionados de NS1, como yo, y por eso querian decir gracias a los developeadores (?).

i just asume that portuguese people can read spanish ;) i'm not spanish, but with my basic spanish skills i can read portuguese, so he should do just fine :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    English is better ;) buy Thank you for trying
    special edition = black armor and green armor use play online?
  • BRICEBRICE Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72453Members
    Special edition = Black armor on marine play online. + You play 26th july but game no finish 100%.
    Standard edition = Green armor on marine play online.
  • goblingoblin Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31412Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1782096:date=Jul 23 2010, 07:56 AM:name=manjidred)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (manjidred @ Jul 23 2010, 07:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1782096"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->special edition = black armor and green armor use play online?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

não entendi direito o que você quis dizer...

mas com a edição especial você poderá escolher entre jogar com a armadura preta ou verde, as duas não tem nada de especial. Muda apenas a aparencia

se você comprar a edição especial também poderá começar a "jogar" na proxima segunda (26/07).

eu escrevi "jogar" porque na verdade vai ser apenas a versão alpha, que na verdade é o jogo com muitos erros e faltando bastante coisas, será mais para teste. No inicio dessa versão também não haverá a armadura preta, provavelmente só irão inserir no final do alpha.

comprando a edição normal você vai ter direito de jogar o beta que já é uma versão bem estável e com praticamente todas as funções que o produto final vai ter, é uma versão mais para balancear o jogo e dar os retoques finais antes do produto final ser lançado.

mais alguma dúvida?
  • BoutrosBoutrosGhaliBoutrosBoutrosGhali Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33193Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1781963:date=Jul 23 2010, 02:37 AM:name=Fury)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fury @ Jul 23 2010, 02:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1781963"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's amusing that it would have taken longer to sign up for the forums and post the question rather than just look on the main page.

<a href="http://www.naturalselection2.com/buy" target="_blank">http://www.naturalselection2.com/buy</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

haha good point. At least he's on here now. +1 for the community