So... What do you expect NS2 to be?

Draco_2kDraco_2k Evil Genius Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69546Members
edited January 2010 in NS2 General Discussion
Plain and simple, I want to know what kind of people I'll be shooting/biting in the face when the time is upon us. I mean, besides you being Natural Selection fans, obviously, which seems to be the case so far.

Say, personally, I think NS2 has good potential to be what my favourite game of all time - Unreal Tournament 04 - never was: a community-driven, imaginative, fun experience. Hell, even the general atmosphere and pacing are eerily similar, even going back to the original NS. Plus, of course, there's also bonus tidbits about RTS elements, incredible mod support, innovative graphics, outstanding developer support and others I don't have to tell you about...

On the other hand, I'm not exactly keen on the idea of it being die-hard-competition-driven, but as a Quake/UT veteran I can't say I have a problem with it either. The details of this are always hard to determine until the game is actually out: proper learning curve is no easy thing to achieve.

Here, I even whipped up a <b><a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=3wjdkc9WZM338vNKYAsyhg_3d_3d" target="_blank">simple survey</a></b>. Here are the <a href="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7107/surveyresults.png" target="_blank">results</a> so far (don't look before taking the survey; too few replies to clear out the noise yet, but still pretty interesting).

Comments

• XeZoXeZo Join Date: 2006-11-14 Member: 58597Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    "So... What do you expect NS2 to be?"

Awesome of course! <3

Oh and I hope marines haven't got motion tracking so I can drive you ######ies crazy, running around near you making noise...... :3
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    edited January 2010
    What I hope it will be and what I expect it will be are two different things. Some of the features released over twitter, had they been posted by someone on the forums, I would have assumed were troll posts.

I expect it will hold true to NS1's core gameplay features, which I think basically boil down to fast paced gameplay (twitch, movement skill, etc) and teamwork.
  • dudissdudiss Join Date: 2010-01-02 Member: 69857Members
    new rines weapons and new khara creatures more upgrades and more buildings. More everything :P
  • palliepallie Join Date: 2009-10-12 Member: 69028Members
    I hope for and expect NS1's action packed combat and strategic depth in a new shiny coat with lots of awesome new features.
  • LigerioLigerio Join Date: 2009-12-30 Member: 69825Members
    edited March 2011
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    Fun to map for.

I'll probably play it enough to get the game mechanics down well then make maps for it, hopefully it won't have any huge design flaws which I'll have to work around/take ages to figure out the precise nature of.
  • SekerSeker Join Date: 2007-03-06 Member: 60259Members
    I hope it goes mainstream and that a hell lot of people buy it so there are 24/7 enough people to play with :D

Oh and ofcourse the best ever made sequel to the best mod ever :D
  • GDWhiteGDWhite Join Date: 2009-07-17 Member: 68170Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1745461:date=Jan 2 2010, 07:58 AM:name=Ligerio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ligerio @ Jan 2 2010, 07:58 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745461"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><i><b>Diablo 3</b></i><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Fixed.
  • Draco_2kDraco_2k Evil Genius Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69546Members
    Updated survey results.

Shockingly, so far it would appear that most people on Natural Selection forums are Natural Selection fans. To top that, for some very strange reason, very few of you would want it to resemble WoW. Hm.

<!--quoteo(post=1745457:date=Jan 2 2010, 06:21 PM:name=SentrySteve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SentrySteve @ Jan 2 2010, 06:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745457"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What I hope it will be and what I expect it will be are two different things.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Bad wording on my part. But I did mean "expect".

<!--quoteo(post=1745457:date=Jan 2 2010, 06:21 PM:name=SentrySteve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SentrySteve @ Jan 2 2010, 06:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745457"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Some of the features released over twitter, had they been posted by someone on the forums, I would have assumed were troll posts.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Oi. What gives? I personally can't think of any features I wouldn't like so far...

<!--quoteo(post=1745461:date=Jan 2 2010, 06:58 PM:name=Ligerio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ligerio @ Jan 2 2010, 06:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745461"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->With all these games I fear there is no time left for NS2 soon.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Wish I had your kind of problems.
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1745477:date=Jan 2 2010, 02:00 PM:name=Draco_2k)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Draco_2k @ Jan 2 2010, 02:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745477"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Oi. What gives? I personally can't think of any features I wouldn't like so far...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The first example I think think of was the auto-bite for Skulk leap when he touches a target and the second was the taser. Granted, I think both of these features have been recalled. A third example would be the lockdown mode for HA which I don't think is nearly as bad as the two previous examples but I'm still fairly skeptical about it.
  • PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    I'm expecting a strict-followed good recipe of what a sequel is supposed to be.

1/3 Same stuff

1/3 Updated stuff

1/3 New stuff

:D
    <!--quoteo(post=1745479:date=Jan 2 2010, 10:27 PM:name=SentrySteve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SentrySteve @ Jan 2 2010, 10:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745479"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The first example I think think of was the auto-bite for Skulk leap when he touches a target and the second was the taser. Granted, I think both of these features have been recalled. A third example would be the lockdown mode for HA which I don't think is nearly as bad as the two previous examples but I'm still fairly skeptical about it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I find it hard to be either excited or upset about such things, because you generally just can't know whether or not they'll work until you see them in-game.
  • Renegade.Renegade. Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12313Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1745481:date=Jan 2 2010, 03:34 PM:name=Draco_2k)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Draco_2k @ Jan 2 2010, 03:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745481"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I find it hard to be either excited or upset about such things, because you generally just can't know whether or not they'll work until you see them in-game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    guess we'll never know about hovering scorpions then? or locational damage, or man-eating hives, or...

Smaller spaces, no hallways, simpler maps, alien commander, black armour, ... I've already seen enough to know where this game's headed. I know what NS2 <i>should</i> be, I know what I <i>want</i> it to be, but I know it's not <i>going</i> to be either of those. What it is going to be is a decent FPS that holds its own, but with none of the risks or raw edgy gameplay that made the original.

But by now I've learned not to expect much from sequels; either I'm right or pleasantly surprised.
    edited January 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1745485:date=Jan 3 2010, 12:39 AM:name=R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e @ Jan 3 2010, 12:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745485"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->guess we'll never know about hovering scorpions then? or locational damage, or man-eating hives, or... Smaller spaces, no hallways, simpler maps, alien commander, black armour, ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Because when you think auto-biting or simpler layouts you think something as ridiculous as flying manatees. Obviously. I really fail to see how any of the latter examples would be a bad thing altogether though...

<!--quoteo(post=1745485:date=Jan 3 2010, 12:39 AM:name=R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e @ Jan 3 2010, 12:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745485"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've already seen enough to know where this game's headed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think most people will have established by now that you think you have prophetic powers.

<!--quoteo(post=1745485:date=Jan 3 2010, 12:39 AM:name=R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e @ Jan 3 2010, 12:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745485"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->But by now I've learned not to expect much from sequels; either I'm right or pleasantly surprised.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's certainly a practically valid approach. An even easier method would be to not follow the game development at all and deal with your games on to-serve basis.
  • sloppy_joesloppy_joe Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11527Members
    If they can create the game that has strategy, team work and elements of future and immersion count me in. With the upcomming mod tools and editor I expect there could be better games then ns. Funny you didn't include Company of Heroes in the game types.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1745480:date=Jan 2 2010, 09:44 PM:name=Pipi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pipi @ Jan 2 2010, 09:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745480"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm expecting a strict-followed good recipe of what a sequel is supposed to be.

1/3 Same stuff

1/3 Updated stuff

1/3 New stuff

:D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    made me lol :)
    <!--quoteo(post=1745488:date=Jan 3 2010, 01:18 AM:name=sloppy_joe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sloppy_joe @ Jan 3 2010, 01:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745488"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Funny you didn't include Company of Heroes in the game types.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Damn. That seems kinda obvious now, yeah... Among other things you listed, too, actually.
  • Cheezy104Cheezy104 Join Date: 2009-06-11 Member: 67792Members
    I expect NS2 to be NS2 and not NS1 with upgraded graphics.
    I also except NS2 to be a highly competitive game that isn't dumbed down(lulz autobite) with good clan support.
  • PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1745485:date=Jan 2 2010, 09:39 PM:name=R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e @ Jan 2 2010, 09:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745485"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->*######*<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I expect NS2 to be a constant source of internet ###### for this guy no matter how good/bad/NS1 like/Non-NS1 like/pink/green/red/fluffy/sexy/shiney/wooden.
    Hell it could be exactly the same as NS1 or a Barbie interpretation of "When the Wind Blows" and he would still complain.
    No matter if it is exactly as he wants, if they have to ask him about every single feature and he has vito rights on everything.
    He would probably still ###### that the game produced would have not given him any happy suprises on release.
    edited January 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1745487:date=Jan 2 2010, 04:51 PM:name=Draco_2k)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Draco_2k @ Jan 2 2010, 04:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745487"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think most people will have established by now that you think you have prophetic powers.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If you consider that prophetic, pundits and day traders must be some form of deity to you.
    Unless of course by "<i>What do you expect NS2 to be</i>" you meant "<i>What do you agree with me that NS2 will be</i>".

*yah, not needed* --Comprox
  • JaminiJamini Join Date: 2009-12-30 Member: 69830Members
    I expect NS2 to be a far more teamwork-driven, moderatly slower, severely less exploit-driven game than it's predecessor. (And for you bhop legion members, bhopping was an engine exploit. Nothing else.)

I am looking forward to playing it with much interest.
    edited January 2010
    Updated survey results. Looks like I'm still the only newcomer so far.

<!--quoteo(post=1745512:date=Jan 3 2010, 04:14 AM:name=R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e @ Jan 3 2010, 04:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745512"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you consider that prophetic, pundits and day traders must be some form of deity to you.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Would that be you implying you're somehow an expert in the field? In that case, I can only do my best to politely give you the same advice I did a dozen times before: watch out for your ego. You're not. I'm not. No one is, there's not even much info on this game yet. There's no shame in admitting it.

I really don't see anyone being able to predict the outcome of release of a game with next to zero released info about it when developers themselves still have to run frequent playtests to work out what works and what doesn't.

<!--quoteo(post=1745512:date=Jan 3 2010, 04:14 AM:name=R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e @ Jan 3 2010, 04:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745512"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Unless of course by "<i>What do you expect NS2 to be</i>" you meant "<i>What do you agree with me that NS2 will be</i>".<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sorry. It seemed from your post that you were talking less about what you <i>expect</i> and more about you <i>know as a fact</i> it will be. First can be viewed or discussed, second one is a non-starter. Things like these is why "Imho" exists.

I don't believe I tried to police opinions here. If I ever did or will, please, do tell.

<!--quoteo(post=1745512:date=Jan 3 2010, 04:14 AM:name=R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e @ Jan 3 2010, 04:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745512"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Who needs NS2 when there's enough lulz to be had from internet failures who can barely pass a swear filter.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'd really appreciate it if both of you could act in a remotely polite manner. It's been a nice thread so far.

<!--quoteo(post=1745518:date=Jan 3 2010, 06:40 AM:name=Jamini)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jamini @ Jan 3 2010, 06:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745518"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I expect NS2 to be a far more teamwork-driven, moderatly slower, severely less exploit-driven game than it's predecessor. (And for you bhop legion members, bhopping was an engine exploit. Nothing else.)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The relation to pacing seems pretty interesting so far. It's a multi-choice: someone can expect the game to be both faster- and slower-paced at the same time. As in... Marines may move slower, but they'll get much more action, or marines will be fast all around, yet commander will have to take his time... Etc, etc.

Similar thing with "easy to learn" and "hard to master": they can very well can co-exist (according to UW's and Blizzard's manifesto at least), and so far it'd seem a bunch of pollsters would both agree and disagree with that. It's hard to get both right at the same time, I think the accumulated failures in that area over the years has made people expect one OR the other.
  • TemphageTemphage Join Date: 2009-10-28 Member: 69158Members
    edited January 2010
    I... don't think NS2 will be very successful. Outside of this site, there's absolutely nothing out there about NS2. There's nothing on any of the gaming news sites, nobody ever even mentions it on other big community sites, there's no big movies or advertising to even put up on something like Gametrailers... simply put, very few people know about NS2. Unless you closely followed NS1, I don't see how you'd ever know about NS2.

<!--quoteo(post=1745481:date=Jan 2 2010, 08:34 PM:name=Draco_2k)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Draco_2k @ Jan 2 2010, 08:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745481"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I find it hard to be either excited or upset about such things, because you generally just can't know whether or not they'll work until you see them in-game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Someone around here has a sig related to that.

"HEY LETS LET PLAYERS CONTROL THREE ALIENS AT ONCE!"
    "That's a stupid idea."
    "SHUT UP YOU HAVE TO TEST IT FIRST!!!!11"

90% of the time, what looks bad on paper is bad in-game.
  • TemphageTemphage Join Date: 2009-10-28 Member: 69158Members
    edited January 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1745457:date=Jan 2 2010, 03:21 PM:name=SentrySteve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SentrySteve @ Jan 2 2010, 03:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745457"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Some of the features released over twitter, had they been posted by someone on the forums, I would have assumed were troll posts.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm still not convinced that the siege tank isn't a huge joke, yet people seem to have taken what used to be just a series of jokes about the I&S forums in stride. Seriously, what are we going to add on top of that, sniper rifles and rocket lawnchairs?
  • steppin'razorsteppin'razor Join Date: 2008-09-18 Member: 65033Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1745481:date=Jan 3 2010, 06:34 AM:name=Draco_2k)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Draco_2k @ Jan 3 2010, 06:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745481"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I find it hard to be either excited or upset about such things, because you generally just can't know whether or not they'll work until you see them in-game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No but it's his right to (mis) interpret them however he wants
  • OnozkiOnozki Join Date: 2005-04-20 Member: 48948Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I expect it to be vapoware.
  • ctdctd Join Date: 2009-06-01 Member: 67611Members
    pretty much expect a similar thread this time next year.
    <!--quoteo(post=1745524:date=Jan 3 2010, 12:23 AM:name=Draco_2k)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Draco_2k @ Jan 3 2010, 12:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745524"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Would that be you implying you're somehow an expert in the field?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Only If it's you admitting you're wet behind the ears. If/when you develop the faculties I recommend giving it at try - using patterns and indications from past similar events to extrapolate to the future.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I really don't see anyone being able to predict the outcome of release of a game with next to zero released info about it when developers themselves still have to run frequent playtests to work out what works and what doesn't.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Thankfully we don't all subscribe to your brand of short-sighted limitations. It's that sort of refusal to think that allows EA, Activision and most recently Valve to dupe over the gaming community.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sorry. It seemed from your post that you were talking less about what you <i>expect</i> and more about you <i>know as a fact</i> it will be. First can be viewed or discussed, second one is a non-starter. Things like these is why "Imho" exists.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    And finally you resort to claiming we should all qualify our statements in an <b>opinion</b> thread on a <b>discussion</b> forum with "imho". By the time your argument has stooped to this level you need to give it up. Chastising an <i>opinion</i> simply because it isn't congruent with your heart-warming picture-perfect ending for NS2 just further illustrates your unwillingness to consider other alternatives.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Similar thing with "easy to learn" and "hard to master": they can very well can co-exist (according to UW's and Blizzard's manifesto at least), and so far it'd seem a bunch of pollsters would both agree and disagree with that. It's hard to get both right at the same time, I think the accumulated failures in that area over the years has made people expect one OR the other.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    And it's nothing short of the golden arch. It's not that no one expects it, it's that we expect it to be arduous to achieve (Blizzard took no less than 5 years achieving this), so simply saying this is what you're going for doesn't mean it is going to happen anymore so than every game that has gone before that attempts the same feat..
  • BadMouthBadMouth It ceases to be exclusive when you can have a custom member titl Join Date: 2004-05-21 Member: 28815Members
    Does anyone notice that when r_e_n_e_g_a_d_e and draco_2k are in the same thread, they are always arguing with each other and it only goes on between them two?
    edited January 2010
    Renegade, you're crossing the line. This is outright flaming.

I can't respond to anything you've just said if you have nothing more than insults to back it up. Indeed, if that's the case, you understand, there's no need to.

<!--quoteo(post=1745531:date=Jan 3 2010, 11:38 AM:name=Temphage)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Temphage @ Jan 3 2010, 11:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745531"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Unless you closely followed NS1, I don't see how you'd ever know about NS2.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think this is temporary: teaser release seems to have stirred up a pretty massive wave both among gaming sites and the community. There's just not much to report yet.

If you think back to days of Counter-Strike, the word of mouth is precisely what got it to number one charts among mods and then retail games. As long as NS2 is a quality product, it's guaranteed at least some following, I think.

<!--quoteo(post=1745531:date=Jan 3 2010, 11:38 AM:name=Temphage)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Temphage @ Jan 3 2010, 11:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745531"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->90% of the time, what looks bad on paper is bad in-game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    90% of all statistics are made up on the spot, 90% of all opinions are invalid, 90% of the game isn't even talked about.

To clarify, I don't think that giving marines a taser and getting them to ride pink unicorns into the battle is quite the same level or ridiculousness. One you can see being a problem from miles away, the other is <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory" target="_blank">just hard to predict</a>.

<!--quoteo(post=1745533:date=Jan 3 2010, 11:45 AM:name=Temphage)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Temphage @ Jan 3 2010, 11:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745533"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Seriously, what are we going to add on top of that, sniper rifles and rocket lawnchairs?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No. Miniguns and flamethrowers. (See: Heavy Marine) But I suppose we could also abandon it and go with something that isn't awesome.

Seriously though, what's wrong with the siege tank?..

<!--quoteo(post=1745536:date=Jan 3 2010, 12:06 PM:name=steppin'razor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steppin'razor @ Jan 3 2010, 12:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745536"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No but it's his right to (mis) interpret them however he wants<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Did I ever say it wasn't anyone's right?..

<!--quoteo(post=1745537:date=Jan 3 2010, 12:09 PM:name=Onozki)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Onozki @ Jan 3 2010, 12:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745537"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I expect it to be vaporware.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    What? We already have the Editor... It's already here. Frequently updated, too.

<!--quoteo(post=1745547:date=Jan 3 2010, 01:58 PM:name=BadMouth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BadMouth @ Jan 3 2010, 01:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1745547"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Does anyone notice that when r_e_n_e_g_a_d_e and draco_2k are in the same thread, they are always arguing with each other and it only goes on between them two?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I certainly did. It's getting annoying at this point, sorry if it's of any inconvenience. I'd add another observation to that, but I don't think it's appropriate right now.