Whats The Point Of Mp_blockscripts

CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
edited June 2005 in NS General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">And who was the genius who birthed it?</div> Seriously. Whats the point of this? To satisfy the masses of pubbers who have no idea what they are, thinking they're third party sortware/hacks? I really don't understand why its even in the game, the only script that could ever possibly be considered cheap/unfair/lame are scripts involving _special.

I also don't understand the hypocrisy between the devs on this issue. This abortion of a cvar is allowed to run amock but we have SCRIPTING DISCUSSION as a subforum. What the hell is that? Oh wait, I can turn my gamma up so high I need sunglasses to play the game, but god forbid I use a 3 hop. Whoever invented that command seriously has a problem with clan play, something this game was originally intended to compliment nicely.

A couple rules:

1.)Dont reply if your ignorant as to what a script is
2.)Discuss scripts to an extent, don't bring up "Well so and so killed me he must used a script!"

The cvar dosen't bother me that much, but I am getting tired of rebinding my keys when I see "scripting isnt allowed on this server"

Either educate server admins as to what it is or take it out, the division between pub/clans, is getting a bit dumb

Comments

• AngelOfMusicAngelOfMusic Join Date: 2005-06-28 Member: 54828Banned
  • 2ply2ply Join Date: 2004-03-26 Member: 27535Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-CommunistWithAGun+Jun 29 2005, 04:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CommunistWithAGun @ Jun 29 2005, 04:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Seriously. Whats the point of this? To satisfy the masses of pubbers who have no idea what they are, thinking they're third party sortware/hacks?<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You answered your own question.
  • The_FinchThe_Finch Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8498Members
    Some people claimed that scripts either gave people an unfair advantage or were lame.

Blockscripts is a joke that lazy people use so they won't have to learn how to script.
  • JstekJstek Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22288Members, Constellation
    Personally, its the Server Owner's damn buiness to decide to have that cvar turned on or off. There desision. While you may get all pissy about stupid things like this, just find a server that doesnt have the blockscripts cvar on. Simple eh?? If you cant find a server.. well then perhaps you should think about starting one, and use it anyway you wish.

Options FTW.

--Jstek
  • QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin-Jstek+Jun 29 2005, 02:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Jstek @ Jun 29 2005, 02:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Personally, its the Server Owner's damn buiness to decide to have that cvar turned on or off. There desision. While you may get all pissy about stupid things like this, just find a server that doesnt have the blockscripts cvar on. Simple eh?? If you cant find a server.. well then perhaps you should think about starting one, and use it anyway you wish.

Options FTW.

--Jstek <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    But it gave the people the impression that scripts make you better.
  • obuhobuh Not Quite Smart at NS Join Date: 2003-03-31 Member: 15072Members, Constellation
    I think it was coded to satisfy a large portion of the community who dislike scripts (from my experience, many of them do not really know much about scripting), and to 'even the playing field', because of the advantages they give were deemed unfair by the majority.

I personally think it was a bad move, I don't think it did bring any good in the community. It might have been a better idea for the developers to state a clear stance on this subject, and educate people on this hot topic. The dev team seems a bit wishy-washy about this, the fact that we have both a server variable (whose description explains that it blocks <i>abusive</i> scripts, when it isn't the case) and a part of the forum dedicated to scripting seems contradictory to me, as you already pointed out.

Mp_blockscripts doesn't bother me much anymore. Seeing that I live in europe, just about every scrim, and every single league match is played with blockscripts on, so I adapted to it. I now use the mousewheel to bhop, etc. So yeah, I have accepted the fact that the (mostly ignorant ?) masses have a say on how I have to play the game.

There's an interesting thread in the Ideas & Suggestions subforum that suggests a change of how the blockscripts feature could function, you can go check it out and contribute to the discussion if you have the necessary knowledge on this subject.
  • WolvWolv Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 56Members
    Guess I'm one of the people this setting is meant for. I play pubs exclusively and casually and don't want to go into all this scripting hassle. Of course there's absolutely no single advantage gained by people using scrits whatsoever, but miraculously the number of bunnyhopping gorges and non-stop meta-blinking-swiping fades is a lot lower on mp_blockscripts 1 servers, with a comparable playerskill as blockscript 0 servers when judging from playing tactics and aim.
    Appearantly there are server admins who feel the same way I do and make the free choice to set this variable to 1 on their server.
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Members
    If you don't remember, it was on these very forums that many people whined about scripts (esp. Pistol script due to the lack of a speed cap)

Now that we have the var, people whine about scripts being blocked...

The point of blockscripts is to ALLOW the blocking of scripts while NOT ENFORCING it. No-one's forcing it on, no-one's forcing it off. Both parties are large enough for you to be happy.
  • TOmekkiTOmekki Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23524Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Wolv+Jun 29 2005, 04:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Wolv @ Jun 29 2005, 04:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Of course there's absolutely no single advantage gained by people using scrits whatsoever <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    who told you that?
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cereal KillR+Jun 29 2005, 04:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Cereal KillR @ Jun 29 2005, 04:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If you don't remember, it was on these very forums that many people whined about scripts (esp. Pistol script due to the lack of a speed cap)

Now that we have the var, people whine about scripts being blocked.. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    u must realise both of those paragraphs describe a different group of people than the other
  • HeliocentricHeliocentric Join Date: 2005-04-24 Member: 49650Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-TOmekki+Jun 29 2005, 04:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TOmekki @ Jun 29 2005, 04:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Wolv+Jun 29 2005, 04:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Wolv @ Jun 29 2005, 04:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Of course there's absolutely no single advantage gained by people using scrits whatsoever <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    who told you that? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i believe he's being scarcastic.... or you are... i'm in too deep!

all i know is, mp block scripts (or maybe some servers custom script blocker), is stopping me drop wielders with the z key... WTH?

also, the script blocking has kinda prohibited my attempts to learn about the use and appliaction of things like permanent fade ducking things (stops you getting a tired hand) some are merely functional, but some? they help, they certainly help. should that be allowed? i guess thats up to the server owner to decide.
    Yes, but they're still people. What other way to allow both of them to be satisfied than a variable? We don't want any group to be shut out from the game.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Heliocentric+Jun 29 2005, 05:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Heliocentric @ Jun 29 2005, 05:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-TOmekki+Jun 29 2005, 04:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TOmekki @ Jun 29 2005, 04:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Wolv+Jun 29 2005, 04:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Wolv @ Jun 29 2005, 04:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Of course there's absolutely no single advantage gained by people using scrits whatsoever <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    who told you that? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i believe he's being scarcastic.... or you are... i'm in too deep! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i wasnt being sarcastic

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->also, the script blocking has kinda prohibited my attempts to learn about the use and appliaction of things like permanent fade ducking things (stops you getting a tired hand) some are merely functional, but some? they help, they certainly help. should that be allowed? i guess thats up to the server owner to decide.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

why would you want a permanent duck script? you have so much more air control when not crouching. and if you get a tired hand consider rebinding some keys
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cereal KillR+Jun 29 2005, 05:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Cereal KillR @ Jun 29 2005, 05:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Yes, but they're still people. What other way to allow both of them to be satisfied than a variable? We don't want any group to be shut out from the game. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    no one was shut out of the game until blockscripts was introduced and people using scripts instabanned from servers they joined
  • RammstienRammstien Join Date: 2003-11-30 Member: 23805Members, Constellation
    The negative side to this is verify what that masses of pubber previously thought. By having this adressed in such a manner it makes it seem like scripts give some huge advantage, when, in actuality, they dont.
  • DubbilexDubbilex Chump Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9799Members
    Why do clanners need scripts?
    edited June 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why do clanners need scripts? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    we dont

edit: some people just end up using scripts because they can and they feel like using them. in europe (and aus/nz?), leagues dont allow the option of using scripts (except the ones that arent blocked by blockscripts), so we pretty much dont. except ben.
  • stallioNstallioN Join Date: 2005-06-21 Member: 54363Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why do clanners need scripts? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Stereotype, much.
    <!--QuoteBegin-TOmekki+Jun 30 2005, 12:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TOmekki @ Jun 30 2005, 12:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Cereal KillR+Jun 29 2005, 05:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Cereal KillR @ Jun 29 2005, 05:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Yes, but they're still people. What other way to allow both of them to be satisfied than a variable? We don't want any group to be shut out from the game. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    no one was shut out of the game until blockscripts was introduced and people using scripts instabanned from servers they joined <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I don't recall blockscripts instabanning people... I recall them blocking scripts.

The point is, you want to use scripts, go on a blockscripts 0 server. You don't want anyone to use scripts, go on a blockscripts 1 server. If you don't care, then you're lucky.
    I have yet to see this miracle formula fail, whereas in 1.0x it was so common to see people yell everywhere about nothing just because they got pistol whipped or killed by a silent bh marine.
  • joeejoee Join Date: 2005-06-18 Member: 54113Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cereal KillR+Jun 29 2005, 04:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Cereal KillR @ Jun 29 2005, 04:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If you don't remember, it was on these very forums that many people whined about scripts (esp. Pistol script due to the lack of a speed cap)

The point of blockscripts is to ALLOW the blocking of scripts while NOT ENFORCING it. No-one's forcing it on, no-one's forcing it off. Both parties are large enough for you to be happy. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <b>NO THEY'RE flipping NOT, THIS IS NOT CS, THIS IS NS WITH A PLAYERBASE OF 3 DIGITS</b>

it managed to seperate the two communities perfectly though, a very shortsited move good job
  • stallioNstallioN Join Date: 2005-06-21 Member: 54363Members
    It's also sort of comical that instead of "hacks" the common accusation is now "scripts".
  • AhnteisAhnteis teh Bob Join Date: 2002-10-02 Member: 1405Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    A large portion of the NS pubber populace has no idea what scripts ARE or what they can DO. (Proud to be a pubber -- usually.)

Most of the servers I frequent for CO play with mp_bs on. In SPITE of that (and the fact that they could easily check if they had the least bit of knowledge about the HL engine) I REGULARLY see comments accusing someone with a high kill count of being a "SCRIPTER!".

When confronted with the fact that "scripting is disabled on this server" they continue to insist that this is not the case.

Meanwhile, mousewheel and other external methods can be used to the same effect as scripting. (I own a Saitek gamers keyboard which, if I installed the drivers, has it's own completely scriptable keypad.)

MP_BS was added way back in the day, I believe by Flayra himself, but never worked until Voogru joined the dev team and fixed it.

Interestingly enough, most NS_ servers I play on have MP_BS off.

I see the same high-kills people play on both MP_BS 1 and MP_BS 0 servers and they somehow manage to be good on either setting. Meanwhile, people newer to the game (P.C. for newbie) make the learning curve steeper then it already is -- they put themselves at a disadvantage because they believe that they are being owned by "scripters".

MP_BS is one of the things about NS development that I regard as absolutely foolish.*

* except _special blocking -- although the effects of _special scripts should be prevented separately, _special scripts can still cause server "lag".
    <!--QuoteBegin-AngelOfMusic+Jun 29 2005, 04:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (AngelOfMusic @ Jun 29 2005, 04:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Voogru wasn't it? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    fun fact, voogru attempted many "script blocking" variants on his server including a <b>250 ms forced delay</b> on changing weapons to block leap+bite scripts
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cereal KillR+Jun 29 2005, 05:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Cereal KillR @ Jun 29 2005, 05:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    I don't recall blockscripts instabanning people... I recall them blocking scripts.

<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    all i remember is people posting stuff like "BUNNYHOP SCRIPT DETECTED ON USER; BANNING NOW"

kicked by console

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The point is, you want to use scripts, go on a blockscripts 0 server. You don't want anyone to use scripts, go on a blockscripts 1 server. If you don't care, then you're lucky.
    I have yet to see this miracle formula fail, whereas in 1.0x it was so common to see people yell everywhere about nothing just because they got pistol whipped or killed by a silent bh marine.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ns has changed -- pistol rof is capped and marine bhop has been removed almost completely.

still, i like playing with bs_1 more. so sue me.
  • DubbilexDubbilex Chump Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9799Members
    edited June 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-stallioN+Jun 29 2005, 05:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (stallioN @ Jun 29 2005, 05:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why do clanners need scripts? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Stereotype, much.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-TOmekki+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TOmekki)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why do clanners need scripts? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    we dont

edit: some people just end up using scripts because they can and they feel like using them. in europe (and aus/nz?), leagues dont allow the option of using scripts (except the ones that arent blocked by blockscripts), so we pretty much dont. except ben.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sorry, sirs. Read CWAG's post and then we can discuss this.

(Can't find it? Try the end of the second paragraph. Aww, hell, I'll just paste it. And I quote:

<i>'Whoever invented that command seriously has a problem with clan play, something this game was originally intended to compliment nicely.'</i>

Is our intrepid parlor pink OP insinuating that only clanners use scripts? You tell me.)
  • Splinter_SteveSplinter_Steve Join Date: 2005-03-20 Member: 45881Members
    We're gonna cite blockscripts as the death of NS now? Come on, someone just say it and make my day.

Boo friggin' hoo.
  • AhnteisAhnteis teh Bob Join Date: 2002-10-02 Member: 1405Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Splinter Steve?+Jun 29 2005, 10:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Splinter Steve? @ Jun 29 2005, 10:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> We're gonna cite blockscripts as the death of NS now? Come on, someone just say it and make my day.

Boo friggin' hoo. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    One reason among many.

Making scripting MORE accessible will let NEW players learn to play more easily. It just annoys the good players without any real impact on their kill-rate.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Splinter Steve?+Jun 29 2005, 05:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Splinter Steve? @ Jun 29 2005, 05:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> We're gonna cite blockscripts as the death of NS now? Come on, someone just say it and make my day. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    stupid decisions in the development process alienate people from the game, thats common sense.
    <!--QuoteBegin-joee+Jun 30 2005, 12:09 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (joee @ Jun 30 2005, 12:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Cereal KillR+Jun 29 2005, 04:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Cereal KillR @ Jun 29 2005, 04:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If you don't remember, it was on these very forums that many people whined about scripts (esp. Pistol script due to the lack of a speed cap)

The point of blockscripts is to ALLOW the blocking of scripts while NOT ENFORCING it. No-one's forcing it on, no-one's forcing it off. Both parties are large enough for you to be happy. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <b>NO THEY'RE flipping NOT, THIS IS NOT CS, THIS IS NS WITH A PLAYERBASE OF 3 DIGITS</b>

it managed to seperate the two communities perfectly though, a very shortsited move good job <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well it's probably because I don't care where I play and I manage to play with my scripts or without. But seriously, apart from the clan scene, you'll find plenty of servers satisfying your needs. I once wanted to go only on blockscripts servers (I was so annoyed at those insta-empty pistols that I just told myself that the day bs works, I'll only live on them) but eventually, I went to use my sweet "togglebuild script" (a script that toggles +use and -use) and went on non-bs servers.
    My conclusion is that it's more or less of the same.

Now back to the clan scene, where this setting is really tearing the game apart. Blockscripts here is, I think, the least of their worries right now.
    edited June 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-stallioN+Jun 29 2005, 05:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (stallioN @ Jun 29 2005, 05:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why do clanners need scripts? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Stereotype, much.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-TOmekki+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TOmekki)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Dubbilex+Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dubbilex @ Jun 29 2005, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why do clanners need scripts? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    we dont

edit: some people just end up using scripts because they can and they feel like using them. in europe (and aus/nz?), leagues dont allow the option of using scripts (except the ones that arent blocked by blockscripts), so we pretty much dont. except ben.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sorry, sirs. Read CWAG's post and then we can discuss this.

(Can't find it? Try the end of the second paragraph. Aww, hell, I'll just paste it. And I quote:

<i>'Whoever invented that command seriously has a problem with clan play, something this game was originally intended to compliment nicely.'</i>

Is our intrepid parlor pink OP insinuating that only clanners use scripts? You tell me.)<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-AngelOfMusic+Jun 29 2005, 04:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (AngelOfMusic @ Jun 29 2005, 04:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Voogru wasn't it? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    fun fact, voogru attempted many "script blocking" variants on his server including a <b>250 ms forced delay</b> on changing weapons to block leap+bite scripts
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    voogru personally was terrible at ns, and probably all fps's from what i remember, it wasn't so much clan play he despised but people who were good at the game

i.e. he believed everyone who could fastswitch faster then 250ms was a scripter.

also i realize flayra may have come up with it, but he certainly did not have the odd drive voogru did to create the status quo.
This discussion has been closed.