Someone Tell Me Wth Is Happening Here....

ObstObst Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14436Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">Telephone troubles and walking asleep?</div> <.<

Today a pal of mine dropped by, but beforehand he phoned me and told me that he'd come. Unfortunately, I was asleep when he phoned me and he woke me up. I could fall asleep again, just to be woken up 30 minutes later by the doorbell. I opened the door and went to bed again.

3 hours later I got up and we started playing online via my LAN. Some hours later he wanted to call his parents, but the line was occupied. His sister is a telephone-maniac so this is kinda normal.

After continuous tries and some hours later we got suspicious, and I checked my telephone hardware (DSL-Splitter, NTBA, ISDN to analog converter, DSL modem).

The Splitter and the DSL modem were workign properly (we were online...) but when I looked at the NTBA I had a shock.

The power wire was unplugged and tied up.

(If you don't know much about ISDN, the NTBA is a box that has to be infront of the ISDN/analog converter, so if the NTBA doesn't work you can't use your phone lines)

Now, looking at the fact that it was in place some hours ago (remember my pal calling me?) this gets kinda iffy.

My pal did not touch it, and I didn't do anything either (at least while I was awake).

Did I walk asleep or what is this crap?

Oh btw it works now. I plugged the wire back in (didn't work), switched power sources (worked), then I unplugged it (and it still worked WITHOUT ANY POWER SUPPLY! This should not happen, and it never worked without power supply before!) and plugged it back into the old source, and now it works again....

What the heck is going on here?

Comments

• wnnwnn Zombie Panic modeller Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16960Members
    Maybe in those 30 minutes you left the door open, some disturbed person who hates phones came in?
  • ObstObst Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14436Members, Constellation
    I didn't touch the door in the first 30 minutes, I was answering the phone while I was still in bed....
  • SandstormSandstorm Join Date: 2003-09-25 Member: 21205Members
    Well, if you getting phone calls when trying to sleep, you might have unplugged it, but just didn't remember it, because you were half-asleep. It's not that unusual for someone to "forget" they disabled their alarm clock, only to later realize they overslept. They think they just slept straight through it.
  • CyndaneCyndane Join Date: 2003-11-15 Member: 22913Members
    Obst it was my ethereal spirit that became corporal form and unplugged it to scare you.

Did it work?