Installing Natural Selection

2»

Comments

• R_A_CR_A_C Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16273Members Posts: 631
    stickeh/pin/web/super glue/duct tape/weld/nail/screw/hang/tie or otherwise keep this beautiful thing up at the top. so many ppl ask questions that are easily answered by this.
    R A C
  • dorfdorf Join Date: 2005-07-08 Member: 55489Members Posts: 6
    wonderful walkthrough! thank you for everything
    Sig Images cannot exceed 400 x 75 or 22kb in size. No exceptions. -Burncycle
  • ErazerErazer Join Date: 2005-07-09 Member: 55602Members Posts: 1
    edited July 2005
    Hi there!

I think this Walkthroug is very good but i have a big problem. I only have CS:CZ an i have tried to follow the Walkthrough but i have the German version of the Game and the Walkthrough does not work on my machine. The path where CS:CZ is installed is
    C:/Valve/Condition Zero. I have copied this Folder and renamed the new Folder "half-life" i have deleted all "cstrike" and "czero" folders. And installed NS into this folder. Then i made a desktop shortcut and used the Target Steam.exe at my machine.
    C:/Programme/Valve/Steam/Steam.exe -applaunch 70 -game "ns" but when i start the exe the "Search Games window appears. I have tried everything but it wont work. I love playing NS and i have played it much on the old WON Server but now i have no idea to play it. Do you have any Ideas? Please write it here or email me at [email protected]

CYA

PS: Sorry for my poor English
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Members, Constellation Posts: 3,225
    Very good tutorial. Unquestionably deserves a sticky.

@Erazer try naming the Folder 'half-life' and not "half-live"
  • SwiftSwift Lost Keys Join Date: 2005-02-19 Member: 41683Members, Constellation Posts: 510
    Thanks. I don't think it will be stickied, but as long as the regulars use it buy linking, the same effect will be achieved.
  • BlingBlingBlingBling Join Date: 2005-07-31 Member: 57204Members Posts: 2
    QUOTE (Erazer @ Jul 9 2005, 05:32 PM)
    Hi there!

I think this Walkthroug is very good but i have a big problem. I only have CS:CZ an i have tried to follow the Walkthrough but i have the German version of the Game and the Walkthrough does not work on my machine. The path where CS:CZ is installed is
    C:/Valve/Condition Zero. I have copied this Folder and renamed the new Folder "half-life" i have deleted all "cstrike" and "czero" folders. And installed NS into this folder. Then i made a desktop shortcut and used the Target Steam.exe at my machine.
    C:/Programme/Valve/Steam/Steam.exe -applaunch 70 -game "ns" but when i start the exe the "Search Games window appears. I have tried everything but it wont work. I love playing NS and i have played it much on the old WON Server but now i have no idea to play it. Do you have any Ideas? Please write it here or email me at [email protected]

CYA

PS: Sorry for my poor English

Yea i had the same problem as erazer i tried everything u told me to and a search games window appers when i click on the counterstirke shortcut after i put in this "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 70 -game "ns"
  • BlueNovemberBlueNovember hax Join Date: 2003-02-28 Member: 14137Members, Constellation Posts: 1,669 Advanced user
    QUOTE (BlingBling @ Jul 31 2005, 05:27 PM)
    Yea i had the same problem as erazer i tried everything u told me to and a search games window appers when i click on the counterstirke shortcut after i put in this "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 70 -game "ns"

For further discssion of this problem post in his thread here:

http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....showtopic=96689

...to avoid messing up this great thread. smile-fix.gif

WTS my two spare NS2 black-armour steam keys
  • SwiftSwift Lost Keys Join Date: 2005-02-19 Member: 41683Members, Constellation Posts: 510
    edited August 2005
    BlingBling, I have replied to the thread mentioned above.

I would like to ask, to everyone who uses the tutorial or has suggested it to others, to now help me. I am taking suggestions for additions/revisions for the Tutorial, and would enjoy them all thouroughly.

Please, send all suggestions to me via the following medians

Private message
    email: [email protected]
    msn: [email protected]
    aim: leftarg

The quickest and most reliable way to contact me is MSN messenger, because I leave it on at all times.

Edit: Also, if you own any Sierra products BESIDES the ones set in the Half-Life universe or GunMan Chronicles, Please contact me.
  • Silent_ReaperSilent_Reaper Join Date: 2005-07-29 Member: 57045Members Posts: 5
    confused-fix.gif this is where i cant play ns, ive installed it and evrything but my cd key is already bound to another account and i brought my copy of half life brand new, how do i go about getting a new cd key confused-fix.gif
    I'm sorry, the only way I could help:
    Click Here
    Good luck.
  • YuffaYuffa Join Date: 2005-08-05 Member: 57576Members Posts: 8
    QUOTE (xtcmen @ Mar 31 2005, 01:22 AM)
    QUOTE (urinalcake @ Mar 30 2005, 08:59 PM)
    This just once again proves, NS Devs ignore this forum. biggrin-fix.gif

heh, Swift.. really awesome job with that dude. It looks really great, even though some parts gave me a brainclot.

Swift for Sticky-esident! 2005!

pfft, if anything, swift moniters this forum more than any of the devs. And he helps out everyone too.

I present swift with an award.

*gives swift award*

Can i play without bough Gold or Silver Package?
  • princessprincess Yaaar! Bristol Join Date: 2004-09-11 Member: 31605Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester Posts: 532 Fully active user
    QUOTE (Yuffa @ Aug 7 2005, 10:24 AM)
    QUOTE (xtcmen @ Mar 31 2005, 01:22 AM)
    QUOTE (urinalcake @ Mar 30 2005, 08:59 PM)
    This just once again proves, NS Devs ignore this forum. biggrin-fix.gif

heh, Swift.. really awesome job with that dude. It looks really great, even though some parts gave me a brainclot.

Swift for Sticky-esident! 2005!

pfft, if anything, swift moniters this forum more than any of the devs. And he helps out everyone too.

I present swift with an award.

*gives swift award*

Can i play without bough Gold or Silver Package?

Yes, you can. If you go out to your local PC games shop and buy a copy of HL1.
    YO | prinny
    yoclan.co.uk
    YO Clan NS2: 85.236.101.65:27015
    image I'm a twit
    edited September 2006
    Wow. It's alive =O

Hm. I'll update it when the steam shop is updated and the same for everyone. wink-fix.gif

Edit: oh.. wow.. sorry 'bout the necropost.
  • keekeewawakeekeewawa Join Date: 2006-11-06 Member: 58443Members Posts: 1
    QUOTE(BlingBling @ Jul 31 2005, 05:27 PM) »

I had the same problem,too.
    help us sad-fix.gif
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members Posts: 812
    This doesn't work anymore.

I done everything you said but when it came to the properties of the Counter Strike: Condition Zero shortcut I couldn't find a Target text box so I couldn't put c://program files/steam etc..
    Sig images should be no larger than 400x75px in size.
  • zimzumzimzum Join Date: 2004-09-02 Member: 31200Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 251 Advanced user
    more specifically, NS without HL hasn't been possible for some time now.
    The new posts that pop up daily by some guy with 3 hours playtime who knows how to perfectly balance this game already make me want to vomit - PaLaGi
  • nachomeepnachomeep United States Join Date: 2014-10-22 Member: 199082Members Posts: 11
    How do I install it now that the file is gone?
  • tschumanntschumann Australia Join Date: 2010-05-26 Member: 71862Members Posts: 242 Advanced user
    nachomeep wrote: »
    How do I install it now that the file is gone?

Which file?
  • GelflingGelfling Encinitas, CA Join Date: 2007-07-05 Member: 61499Members Posts: 4
    The download is now impossible to actually download from your site.
    I've been a long time player of NS but in the past few years the link has failed typically only in one browser. Now it fails in all of them. I mentioned this problem years ago and now its simply not possible.
    Your site:
    https://unknownworlds.com/ns/download-files/
    has a link to the download file:
    http://www.unknownworlds.com/files/ns/ns_install_v32.exe
    (this redirects to http://67.18.238.10/files/ns/ns_install_v32.exe which is apparently a dead page)
    I just keep getting a timeout no matter what browser I use. Is the file actually still there? Did someone set the file permissions incorrectly? (or file owner,etc)
    I miss this game so much.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    edited October 2017
    Can always have a look on good o'l Bry's FTP, still online after all these years:
    http://www.brywright.co.uk/downloads/files/index.php?dir=natural-selection/install/

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

• fabstr1fabstr1 n/a Join Date: 2019-10-14 Member: 255027Members Posts: 2 Fully active user
    There seems to be problems with the latest steam update